IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Install and Dyno at JE Import Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-11, 09:34 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install and Dyno at JE Import Performance

What's up guys? Today we are installing some parts on a customer's Lexus IS-F followed by some dyno tuning to monitor and record the results. The car came in with nothing except an Injen intake system making a base dyno of 361.8whp. Throughout the day I will be updating this thread with picture progress reports and dyno graphs to track the actual results and gains after installation. The customer is getting Sikky Headers, Random Technology High Flow Cats, and a Joe Z Exhaust system. Here at JE Import Performance we typically stock all of these parts in house that readily available for install. Feel free to email or call at any time to order parts and schedule an install or dyno time. I hope everyone enjoys the progress and feel free to chime in with questions.

Basline dyno after the 9 hour commute last night from VT to our shop in Baltimore, MD

Dynapack 2WD Dyno in house (No rollers, direct hub mounts for a more accurate reading)

361.8whp and 317lbft with only an Injen Intake System

Now off the dyno and onto the lift for exhaust/header/cat removal and installation

Side by side you can see the comparison of the restraining stock exhaust and the new Joe Z system

PTS Joe Z true dual stainless steel exhaust system

And last, but not least the heart of all the power. Sikky ceramic coated headers.

Last edited by JE; 02-10-11 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-10-11, 09:42 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Am waiting to see the results However, the Sikky, nor any other header available for the F, is not equal length.

Lou
Old 02-10-11, 09:49 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question: you carry the Sikky headers right? I have a ISS forged exhaust on the way, do I need to place high flow cats in between the sikky headers or do the headers connect to the exhaust directly? I can't tell by the pictures and I'm still a n00b and haven't had any under the car time so I don't know the full schematics of our exhaust.
Old 02-10-11, 10:03 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fapout
Question: you carry the Sikky headers right? I have a ISS forged exhaust on the way, do I need to place high flow cats in between the sikky headers or do the headers connect to the exhaust directly? I can't tell by the pictures and I'm still a n00b and haven't had any under the car time so I don't know the full schematics of our exhaust.
We remove a section of the exhaust just down stream of the header/exhaust union. Then weld in the cats. Yes, we have a few sikky headers left in stock.
Old 02-10-11, 10:27 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

Here is a video of the baseline dyno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOilMAX5SHY
Old 02-10-11, 10:40 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JE
We remove a section of the exhaust just down stream of the header/exhaust union. Then weld in the cats. Yes, we have a few sikky headers left in stock.
So if I don't want the cats, I dont have to have them... I'm sure that smells really good though.
Old 02-10-11, 10:47 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ive had the intake on for 2000 miles... so much for pulling timing
Old 02-10-11, 12:26 PM
JE
Former Sponsor

Sikky ceramic coated headers are installed. Fitment is so tight that the front subframe must be dropped (not removed).

Last edited by JE; 02-10-11 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-10-11, 12:33 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Great work as always JE! Looking forward to the final results of the install!!

darbs242 you are going to have a fun drive home! Enjoy man, but before you leave make sure you work with JE to make sure there are ZERO exhaust leaks and or rattles before making the long drive back home. The flanges on the JOEZ exhaust can deform slightly under excessive stress and a section of the x-pipe could end up being too close to a section of the rear transmission mount resulting in a vibration around turns. I've experienced both when I first got my headers, but JE took care of things.

Last edited by caymandive; 02-10-11 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-10-11, 12:47 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Can't wait to see the end results.

I guess if fitment is going to be that tight with all headers this will be one install I won't be doing on jack stands in the garage.
Old 02-10-11, 01:18 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Great work as always JE! Looking forward to the final results of the install!!

but before you leave make sure you work with JE to make sure there are ZERO exhaust leaks and or rattles before making the long drive back home. The flanges on the JOEZ exhaust can deform slightly under excessive stress and a section of the x-pipe could end up being too close to a section of the rear transmission mount resulting in a vibration around turns. I've experienced both when I first got my headers

Did you have many leaks... rattles?
Old 02-10-11, 02:34 PM
JE
Former Sponsor

Thanks for all the input guys. We are excited for the dyno and results as well. Exhaust install should be finished up tonight and progress pictures in the morning.
Old 02-10-11, 02:54 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
Did you have many leaks... rattles?
I should have been more clear in my earlier post, but for those of you who don't have headers or modify the exhaust, you shouldn't have any issues. My assumption is that the headers don't sit exactly the same as the OEM headers so it shifts things in the rest of the exhaust ever so slightly. This causes all the flanges to take on a bit more stress especially the flanges that meet up with the headers resulting in potential small exhaust leaks at the flanges. The good news is that they are all easy to fix with a good re-tightening and some thicker gaskets where the PTS joins up with the headers.

I only had that one rattle I mentioned in my previous post, but it too was an easy fix.
Old 02-10-11, 03:30 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Can't wait for the results. Installation looking good.
Old 02-10-11, 06:56 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Good to see pics of the install process. I think I will likely go this route (Sikky headers, JoeZ exhaust, with high flow cats added) later this year. The bonus for me is I only live 30 minutes from JE Import Performance.

Quick Reply: Install and Dyno at JE Import Performance