IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

So long rusty IS-F wheels, so long Lexus...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 08:56 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck in the future, I too am washing the hell out of my wheels to avoid pitting...
Peter
p.s. DAMN that FX is FUGLY! LOL

Originally Posted by oztiks
A fairly "odd" change, but I went back to Infiniti for a bit...

It's a love it/hate it car.. i'm still not in love with the looks, but love the way it drives.
Old 06-26-12, 05:56 PM
Jb2009
Driver School Candidate

Default Solution to "so called wheel pitting"

If your wheels are like the pictures below go to for a easy fix: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-08-isf-2.html
Attached Thumbnails So long rusty IS-F wheels, so long Lexus...-img_0698.jpg   So long rusty IS-F wheels, so long Lexus...-img_0699.jpg  
Old 06-26-12, 09:35 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Damn dude, do you have stock in the product or something LOL.
Old 06-26-12, 09:49 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Selling a car over the rims? LOL...just buy aftermarket wheels.

Also...how can you post pics of the new/used infinity you have, but you can't post pics of you wheels? Problem or not, i think you're doing way too much bashing, but there's not a single pic of your problem in this thread that maybe we can help you?

I have an 08...I don't have any problems what so ever, however, I wash my car weekly. Maybe you're not maintaining the wheels enough.

You gotta pay to play. I love how people complain about the brake dust...it's a huge 6-piston brake setup! Then people get pads that have less dust, then the car doesn't stop as good and then they complain about that.

Look at all the Ferrari owners and how expensive their car is and that thing catches on fire...LOL. That's explosive performance right there.
Old 06-26-12, 10:19 PM
smartbomb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The IS-F has high performance brake pads stock. These sorts of pads typically make all sorts of corrosive dust.
We switch to Project Mu pads and they make 10x less dust than stock. You can read about our evaluation here.
http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...-and-pads.aspx
Old 06-26-12, 10:46 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

I've been using the wearever ceramic pads as per Lou's recommendations, they have been great! No more dust or squeaks.
Old 06-27-12, 05:12 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

With all this talk about stock wheels pitting due to brake dust I'm wondering if the OEM pads are having the same effect on any of the aftermarket wheels.
Lexus is not the only one that has very dusty brake pads. Some modles of SAAB, BMW, Benz come to mind for this same type of issue and that's just to name a few.
I do however notice that most OEM Toyota/Lexus wheels from about 06' and up have an issue with the paint bubbling but I think that is due to corrosives such as salt getting under the finish. Do the BBS wheels also have this issue? I aks because dealers have to be aware of that and I'm curious as to how the bubbling wheels are being addressed.
Old 06-27-12, 05:48 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys bumped up a 2 year old thread...lol
Old 06-27-12, 06:11 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
You guys bumped up a 2 year old thread...lol
LOL, didn't even catch that! There are multiple threads going about the wheels. I just picked on and posted.
Old 06-27-12, 08:09 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,315 Posts

^^^^For some reason JB2009 bumped every thread on this forum that concerned itself with the wheel issues that appeared to be a problem with early 2008 model ISFs. I have a late 2008 and have never had a problem. This issue has long since been solved by Lexus and by the owners of the vehicles. RIP and let's move on.

Lou
Old 06-27-12, 08:33 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

I think he is selling the product. LOL. Good for him.
Old 06-27-12, 08:45 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

I still have the same issue, although not nearly as bad as some of the pics on here..... I'm glad that someone posted a solution that is a quick and relatively easy fix compared to previous "solutions".
Old 06-27-12, 08:55 AM
smartbomb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My GT-R has the same or even worse brake dust problem. Project Mu for those brakes too!
Old 06-27-12, 02:13 PM
scrosby
Driver

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^For some reason JB2009 bumped every thread on this forum that concerned itself with the wheel issues that appeared to be a problem with early 2008 model ISFs. I have a late 2008 and have never had a problem. This issue has long since been solved by Lexus and by the owners of the vehicles. RIP and let's move on.

Lou
I'm curious how this has been solved by Lexus? My 2011 ISF is curious too, cuz this ***** acquires pitting brake dust daily.. lol

My ISF has about 20k miles and I wash it weekly, including the rims with a wheel/rim brush to make sure I get all the brake dust visible. I'm already starting to see signs of pitting..
Old 06-27-12, 02:30 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
I think he is selling the product. LOL. Good for him.
He's not doing a very good job at it...because I don't know what product he's selling???

Quick Reply: So long rusty IS-F wheels, so long Lexus...