IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

So long rusty IS-F wheels, so long Lexus...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-10, 09:23 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oztiks

From what I understand the lower-dust pads are slightly more effective but not really....?

The lower-dust front pads for the IS250/IS250 are really and actually very effective at drastically reducing brake dust with slightly improved brake feel and modulation. I have been using them for thousands of miles and so have other CL members driving IS250's and IS350's.
Old 03-11-10, 10:08 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I am having second thoughts on lexus. I'm at 15k miles and needing my tires changed, and their denying my tires for life package. I am suppposed contact some guy in the finance dept. and straighten his a$$ up. Hopefully that works out, or I may never choose lexus again.
Old 03-11-10, 11:59 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kickhard
So My point is they will most always deny you everytime on something like this that cost alot of money to fix. Toyota has alot on their mind now but you have to stay on them about it. It took me over 6 months to get Nissan to see it my way.

Good luck
This is good advice. The unfortunate reality is that most companies these days are going to do their best to dismiss individual claims, so if many people are having this problem, they all need to start pushing Lexus harder on this to get anything resolved. Posting on CL alone almost certainly isn't going to help in that regard, and it's not going to do anything to help the greater community either.

FWIW, I have no pitting on my wheels, but that's probably because I clean the wheels often (every time I wash my car, which is frequently). As a temporary fix, this may help avoid pitting - and as I said in a previous post, it's a very easy and fast clean with products like ONR.
Old 03-11-10, 01:10 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Try posting pictures on this thread and sending Lexus corporate the link with complaints from fellow F owners.

GL
Old 03-11-10, 06:55 PM
AU_EE
Rookie

There are pics of mine (I think on pg.2 or 3) and lots of posts (with many of the same sentiments) in this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-pitting.html

Last edited by AU_EE; 03-11-10 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-11-10, 11:31 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gengar
This is good advice. The unfortunate reality is that most companies these days are going to do their best to dismiss individual claims, so if many people are having this problem, they all need to start pushing Lexus harder on this to get anything resolved. Posting on CL alone almost certainly isn't going to help in that regard, and it's not going to do anything to help the greater community either.

FWIW, I have no pitting on my wheels, but that's probably because I clean the wheels often (every time I wash my car, which is frequently). As a temporary fix, this may help avoid pitting - and as I said in a previous post, it's a very easy and fast clean with products like ONR.
I created this thread mostly to make others aware and also to express my dismay and true disappointment with lexus. I in no way what-so-ever, based on my current treatment from lexus, expect any attempts to be made to resolve the issue. I do want current owners, and potential future buyers to be aware of the situation, though.

Regarding the cleaning - my car gets professionally detailed every week (with a MAXIMUM of two weeks in between). There is no excuse for the rims rusting... I do appreciate the advice on the cleaning, but as mentioned, that will only go so far. Lexus should have ponied up and engineered a better finish for the wheels. End of story.
Old 03-11-10, 11:36 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

they have a new design for 2010.. maybe that's better?
Old 03-12-10, 03:36 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lex
they have a new design for 2010.. maybe that's better?
Given my treatment by the "Pursuit of Perfection" company, they can take their new wheels, and cars, and shove them up their AZZ!! I will NEVER for as long as I live buy another one of their cars. When you BLATANTLY deny peoples claims and say "oh you must have done something to the wheels" you didn't wash the car enough". "Oh we have never seen or heard of this problem". That is simply crazy man. Own up and take responsibility, my car is less than 1 year old is washed on a weekly basis, has 7k miles on it, is kept in a climate controlled garaged, and NEVER driven in the winter! Sorry guys just venting.....
For what it is worth, this is the same sort of arrogance that put GM and Ford in the boat that they are in now, and what has lead to the problems we are seeing Toyota suffer at this very moment. We will deny ANY accountability, and pretend there is "Nothing to see here, just move along people". News flash Lexus/Toyota, I am moving along, to a different brand vehicle!

Last edited by ming15237; 03-12-10 at 03:43 AM.
Old 03-12-10, 04:43 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ming15237
I am moving along, to a different brand vehicle!
but in reality, is there a better brand than Lexus?

and you should show them this, maybe they will realize their mistakes and be humble and nice to you again:

Last edited by lex; 03-12-10 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-12-10, 06:45 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Default I would but...

Originally Posted by lex
but in reality, is there a better brand than Lexus?

and you should show them this, maybe they will realize their mistakes and be humble and nice to you again:
And the question goes on...
Attached Thumbnails So long rusty IS-F wheels, so long Lexus...-beating-a-dead-horse.gif  
Old 03-12-10, 06:55 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by oztiks
Koz - I don't think I am really over-reacting. many other owners are experiencing the same issue. I am not upset about the amount of dust, I am upset about the wheels' inability due to poor quality/finish to deal with the dust.
I agree about Lexus being held accountable for the damage of the wheels considering they know of the problem and did not have a SIMPLE replacement pad available. I would get the wheels powder coated and take Lexus to small claims court. There are enough cases/claims that could prove the wheel’s finish is subpar. What I do not agree with is that because of this Toyota and Lexus would not be considered because of a brake dust problem.

I have an IS350 and both front wheels cracked within a couple months after purchase. Lexus has no liability when it comes to wheels so I just replaced them with aftermarket. Needless to say I travel the same roads I did with the OEM wheels and there are NO more problems with the wheels. In my mind this indicates the OEM wheels are very fragile and border-line defective. My point is; I still think Toyota/Lexus vehicles are the best cars made and I would get another in a heartbeat.

Koz
Old 03-12-10, 07:57 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,059 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by AU_EE
There are pics of mine (I think on pg.2 or 3) and lots of posts (with many of the same sentiments) in this thread:

'08 IS-F Front Wheel Pitting Thread
I actually forget about that thread started last September....

I am very sure Lexus USA/Japan is aware of the issue. It just may have not made it to the right person just yet... on how to handle the current owner complaints.

Let me ask you ALL this...

Are all the members having this issue, only 2008 owners ???

Sounds like this issue disappeared for the 2009 owners and it won’t be a problem for the 2010 owners either...

Which would lead me to believe a change or improvement was made on how the wheel was finished during the manufacturing process.. Somewhere during the mid to late 2009 production year.

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 03-12-10 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-12-10, 10:36 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

I agree with you and understand how you feel. Your complaint is not getting to the right person. It took me again 6 months to get my problem resolved but only after I went over several peoples head in corporate. Its also very frustrating when they are blaming you for the problem when in no way is it your fault. All you are doing is driving and washing the car. Its not like most ISF owners trash their 60k cars,most baby them and enjoy.Thats what pissed me off the most. The root of the problem lies in the brake pad compound. LOL oh yeah I on purpose made my 1000 dollar rims pit and rust.!!!
Old 03-12-10, 10:40 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

^^^^, mmmmm, I see the root of the problem being in the particular wheel finish.
Old 03-12-10, 10:47 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS-SV
^^^^, mmmmm, I see the root of the problem being in the particular wheel finish.
Hmmmm Maybe but if that were so just about every ISF owner would have the issue. I dont have it. It could be a combo of the two. But it definately has something to do with the excessive brake dust with the pad compound

Quick Reply: So long rusty IS-F wheels, so long Lexus...