IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Twin turbo IS-F 1/4 mile *VIDEO* Somone please confirm...Grrrr

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-09, 12:25 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by malujerry
wow, i can only imagine the brake's pain to slow down that runaway train. that car is scary fast. is that why it has a scary movie, "quarantine", / mockumentary style cut out at the end of the video?

I have no clue why my friend made the video like that. Maybe to make it look cool and show how scary fast his car would be? No matter what kind of video it is, his CLS55 is very fast and sounds sick in person.
Old 11-04-09, 01:48 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Agreed!

If going fast is all that matters for $75K a Z06 or GT R should fit the bill nicely.
I agree, as a matter of the fact my F will be for sale in about a year, and I will be picking up another vette this time a Z06. Will be close to retirement then so it will be time to give up the DD and pick up a track car.
Old 11-04-09, 01:52 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Sorry for bringing this up again... but I'm just appaled at how many Americans are talking about selling their very reliable, Japanese ultra-performance sedan to buy a Corvette.
Old 11-04-09, 02:11 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

LOL! The email exchange made me laugh my *** off. Thanks for the entertainment.
Old 11-04-09, 02:14 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Sorry for bringing this up again... but I'm just appaled at how many Americans are talking about selling their very reliable, Japanese ultra-performance sedan to buy a Corvette.
'Cause it's not an ultra-performance car.

Don't get me wrong...I love my F...but there are many cars out there that will own it all day, every day. The Z06 and GT R are about the best bang for your buck available, if you're talking straight performance numbers.
Old 11-04-09, 02:18 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

i would like to see a TT ISF going against a m5, that would be awesome!
Old 11-04-09, 02:52 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

no need to argue over opinions as if this is m3post

as long as we all agree, this 1/4 is BS without a timeslip or even the time on the light board! if someone ran 10's, they would run around with the timeslip as if they hit the mega million lotto, not get the wife to defend times.

and to delete posts on youtube shows how sensitive this guy is, which is probably why he couldn't handle losing to someone then dumping $15k on a largely discredited TT set up.
Old 11-04-09, 02:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Guys lets keep this thread mature and polite. I think it would benefit us all for the owner of the car to join and share more details about his setup.
Old 11-04-09, 06:09 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys lets keep this thread mature and polite. I think it would benefit us all for the owner of the car to join and share more details about his setup.
Sorry Dave but I dont which is why he or she hasnt
Old 11-04-09, 06:10 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
'Cause it's not an ultra-performance car.

Don't get me wrong...I love my F...but there are many cars out there that will own it all day, every day. The Z06 and GT R are about the best bang for your buck available, if you're talking straight performance numbers.
I think an Mitsubishi Evo is a better bang for the buck for straight performance numbers.... $40k for the car with $30k+ to mod it, im pretty sure its a realllly bang for the buck car... Just my opinion, don't jump up and bite me, lol
Old 11-04-09, 06:33 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
1/4 mile numbers dont mean much for our cars and shouldn't be the deciding factor about the cars true potential. The isf is not a 1/4 mile car. I can almost guarantee that the doubters would be silenced if they roll raced a 500whp isf.
Exactly. I speak from experience. My slips are less than impressive, but my real world performance is. There is no question about a car putting down more power when you can go from stepping on the gas at 100MPH and getting a nice, subtle pull.. vs stepping on the gas at WOT and having the tires brake loose.

1st gear is what's killing us. It's going to be very hard to see below a 1.9 60', i believe.

(Edit: by 1st gear I actually mean the torque converter which allows massive slip in 1st)

The weather is getting cooler here, slowly.. I will begin to post more evidence soon.

Last edited by oztiks; 11-04-09 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-04-09, 06:42 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
I think an Mitsubishi Evo is a better bang for the buck for straight performance numbers.... $40k for the car with $30k+ to mod it, im pretty sure its a realllly bang for the buck car... Just my opinion, don't jump up and bite me, lol
But then there's the fact that the Evo doesn't take very well to mods and without serious custom tuning, it definitely isn't really reliable or dependable. There are a lot of reports on evoxforums and evolutionm of X's with blown blocks because the owners were running mods and high boost without a tune, just a map. I'll have to agree that the Evo is one hell of a handling car from the factory, and lots of power to boot... but it lacks the refinement of, heck, even a WRX STI. And it has no proper manual transmission (just a 5-speed Mitsubishi has some petty excuse for, which I can't quite remember), even though if you're going to be putting almost $50k towards this thing, might as well get the TC-SST, which really gets the most out of the engine.
Old 11-04-09, 06:43 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,854 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Gearing isn't the problem. It's the skinny tires the factory gave us. My Supra is 300+ lbs lighter than the F and it came with 255s. Everyone tracking a Supra says it needs 315's on all four corners. I'd say that says the F could use 335's on all four corners for the weight it has.
Old 11-04-09, 06:46 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Gearing isn't the problem. It's the skinny tires the factory gave us. My Supra is 300+ lbs lighter than the F and it came with 255s. Everyone tracking a Supra says it needs 315's on all four corners. I'd say that says the F could use 335's on all four corners for the weight it has.
Exactly! My Supra had 265s in the rear, and over 600 hp at the crank, and it was so uncontrollable that it was either I got 315s in the rear or sold the car. I opted for the latter. I don't know if wheelbase has anything to do with this but, the Supra looked like this big buggy from the rear without a proper bodykit, which I think helped a lot in keeping traction.
Old 11-04-09, 06:53 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

You don't have to go wider if you go stickier. Wider and stickier of course would be even better. For instance I use 245's at the drag strip.

Quick Reply: Twin turbo IS-F 1/4 mile *VIDEO* Somone please confirm...Grrrr