IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Unwanted attention

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-09, 08:55 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you bought a performance car, if you don't like attention from other performance cars your should trade her in for a IS250 and get a new hobby. But since i'm assuming you bought the car 'cause you like performance you might wanna use it at some point or you might as well save on the loan.

Lots of "lesser" cars at a stoplight can dust you and they just want to prove it. We all love the F but it's heavy and they know it, plus they figure you're some yuppie that has no clue how to actually drive it, therefore you better get off the line right. You can drive can't you?

I'm just saying, by owning the car, you will have to show what it can do from time to time. Stop bit(hin' about people wanting to give it a go........ that's what you bought her for right?
Old 06-18-09, 01:27 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

this happened in just a single day---my car is dirty haven't washed it over month

Worker at the bank told me, this is the slickest looking lexus he has even seen-he loved the quad tails, he especially got out the bank to look at the car. (TD/commerce bank)

While filling up at the gas station a older guy with mini was asking me all about the isf, like how fast it is, what grade it takes etc

While at parking lot this middle age guy in a infinity next to me, was asking me what color wheels are these and where to get them from, when i informed him it was 100% stock car he was shocked. he later complimented about the car and wheels too.

i get a lot of thumbs up and people slowing down or tail gating me, which i got used too..
Old 06-18-09, 06:20 PM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by carLx
hahaha the 335i's think they can keep up? this has been done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doiUnMocw0U
Funny. Those guys are killing me.
Old 06-18-09, 06:33 PM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

On the Palmetto in Miami about 3pm and a slammed yellow C6 ZO6 with fat color- matched wheels pulls up next to me, I'm doing 65. He puts it in neutral and revs his engine, he must have had aftermarket exhaust cuz it sounded way meaner then stock. Traffic was light and I would have stretched it out for a few, BUT two days before I blew out my passenger side rear tire so I was rocking the big yellow donut. Worse thing was it was on the other side of the car and he couldn't see it. So it looked like I punked out. I'll see him again.
Old 06-18-09, 08:19 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They just wanna hear the sound of the V8 man. just act like you dont wanna race, look away, then FLOOR IT!!! WOT
Old 06-18-09, 08:51 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting... I have had opposite experience with drivers. I have never been revved on (Which I'm glad). Usually the really aggressive ones come up like a bat out of hell, but as soon as they get next to me or behind me, they slow down immediately and stay behind me keeping a big distance. Not sure what the deal is there.

In terms of the general public, this car def. gets a grip of attention. I once took the car to the recycling center, and the work came to a halt because all the workers were checking out the car. The people behind me were getting mad because the line wasn't moving anymore.
Old 06-19-09, 04:58 AM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm surprised to see people give it so much attention. I've had exactly one stranger ask me anything. He asked how many hp, said "nice car" and was on his way.

One co-worker asked about it because her family has several Lexus's and she's unfamiliar with this model.

I've had zero rev's, zero race up to me, zero pointing at my car, etc.
Old 06-19-09, 09:14 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Believe me when I say this. Modded 335's are no joke. A fast one will take you so don't throw down and talk trash just because you have a V8. I am sure from 0-100mph I would stay right in line with you guys if not be ahead. If you think a youtube video is the end all be all than you haven't seen one in person. Mine isn't the fastest around by far either. There are some I know that pushing close to 400whp and 400wtq. That video was of a stock 335i I am sure so don't read much into it.

If you don't want to get rev'd on than don't drive fast. Nobody says jack to me when I drive. I just don't pay attention to them anyway. Honestly, who cares what goes on next to you?
Old 06-19-09, 09:58 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by larrysb
The ISF is down right stealthy by comparison. Not that many people even know what it is.
This is my experience as well. You can kind of tell that 99% of the drivers out there do not know the IS F.

I have had my IS F for 2 months now and have only been directly challenged once by a 335 and I was able to pull on him easily. He flashed his lights in my rear view mirror.

Most of the time I ignore the other cars, until I get cut off. That's a different story and cannot be ignored.