IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

C6 vs IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-09, 05:16 PM
1conbaba
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Grt is a slow car. It really is. A bolt-on C6 LS3 will walk all over it from a roll.
Sorry my friend! any where from 0-100mph, GTR will GTvRoommmmm it!
Old 05-18-09, 10:18 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1conbaba
Sorry my friend! any where from 0-100mph, GTR will GTvRoommmmm it!
Sorry my friend. You Obviously havnt been acquainted with The new GTR. From a roll the car is basically a hog. Ive beaten cars that trap the same as it does.

From a roll any 08+ c6 vette with bolt-ons will ***** a GTR. Its just how things go.
Old 05-18-09, 10:20 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Btw. I have 2 friends that have GTR's. One that makes 600+whp on c16 and another that is just shy of that number. And for what they are... There still slow
Old 05-19-09, 04:10 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PHXF
I drove them both before buying the IS-F.
The C6 feels a lot faster and weighs a lot less. However, it actually didn't feel as sharp as the IS-F, despite the limits being higher. It feels big, wide, etc.
The interiors aren't even comparable.
Transmissions are obviously different.
DEAD ON accurate... Z06 makes more sense... back seats win
Old 05-19-09, 06:16 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

If i can make my c6, look and sound like this.

Sorry BUT, Id rather have a --

Sleeper --- > R O F L !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take it over the GT-R. HAHA!

P I N T O - P O W E R PVV///
Old 05-19-09, 09:58 AM
1conbaba
Rookie

Hey Guys! snap out of it! let your ego go and accept the fact: 0-60 4WD turbo rules!even in stock form......and RWD with insane HP only good for crash! Ask Hogan.
Old 05-19-09, 10:11 AM
1conbaba
Rookie

Sorry my friend. You Obviously havnt been acquainted with The new GTR. From a roll the car is basically a hog. Ive beaten cars that trap the same as it does.

From a roll any 08+ c6 vette with bolt-ons will ***** a GTR. Its just how things go.
You are right! i'm not rich to have a GTR but i do have a picture of it on the front of the magazine saying "corvette killer!"
C6 vs IS-F-motor_trend_cover_dec-0917-950x650.jpg

Last edited by 1conbaba; 05-19-09 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-19-09, 11:29 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Too bad the magazine doesn't mention using your LC will void your warranty. Ooops

Yes, the GTR is fast, we know. However, I don't think it posesses the characteristics of a supercar. It is just another fast car on the road. It has more power than the ISF and AWD so it should be faster. But the Z06 with a good driver is better than or equal to the GTR from a dig. From a roll a bad driver in the Zed could pull away from the GTR. I'm talking stock. Aftermarket for both these cars is through the roof. The possibilities are endless.
Old 05-19-09, 12:33 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DRE1615
Too bad the magazine doesn't mention using your LC will void your warranty. Ooops

Yes, the GTR is fast, we know. However, I don't think it posesses the characteristics of a supercar. It is just another fast car on the road. It has more power than the ISF and AWD so it should be faster. But the Z06 with a good driver is better than or equal to the GTR from a dig. From a roll a bad driver in the Zed could pull away from the GTR. I'm talking stock. Aftermarket for both these cars is through the roof. The possibilities are endless.
People still cant get over the fact of the all GTR's 2009 -2010 now have updated software that allows you to use the LC without voiding your warranty. Ooops

ZO6 is a monster and stock for stock it will from a roll pull on a GTR. weight really hurts there. But from a dig the GTR really is amazing and it would take a awesome driver to beat it from a dig. Aftermarket to me goes to the ZO6 because of cost and you can get more power out of it versus the GTR. You are right though

To say the GTR isnt a supercar would be to say the ZO6,911tt, and others in its performance catagory arent either. Its hard to really Judge the GTR from the keyboard and until you have really pushed one you cant understand. My personal opinion is that the GTR does things that cars that weigh as much could never do. Is it a supercar? Thats tough. It probably isnt in most peoples eyes except the owners
Old 05-19-09, 01:26 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Z06... S5... 911... IS-F... CTS-V... GT-R... SL AMG... RS4 last Friday... I've driven them all.... which winds up in the garage... stay tuned...
Old 05-19-09, 03:06 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kickhard
People still cant get over the fact of the all GTR's 2009 -2010 now have updated software that allows you to use the LC without voiding your warranty. Ooops

ZO6 is a monster and stock for stock it will from a roll pull on a GTR. weight really hurts there. But from a dig the GTR really is amazing and it would take a awesome driver to beat it from a dig. Aftermarket to me goes to the ZO6 because of cost and you can get more power out of it versus the GTR. You are right though

To say the GTR isnt a supercar would be to say the ZO6,911tt, and others in its performance catagory arent either. Its hard to really Judge the GTR from the keyboard and until you have really pushed one you cant understand. My personal opinion is that the GTR does things that cars that weigh as much could never do. Is it a supercar? Thats tough. It probably isnt in most peoples eyes except the owners

I forgot about the whole LC issues being resolved. I guess I'm just still mad a company would do that and screw people and advertise otherwise. And I don't even own one, I'll move on.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'd consider the Z06 or the 911TT supercars either. But that is neither here nor there, totally subjective. They are all rediculous rides and I'd kill for any. ANybody wanna give me a ride in their GTR?
Old 05-19-09, 05:16 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I forgot about the whole LC issues being resolved. I guess I'm just still mad a company would do that and screw people and advertise otherwise. And I don't even own one, I'll move on.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'd consider the Z06 or the 911TT supercars either. But that is neither here nor there, totally subjective. They are all rediculous rides and I'd kill for any. ANybody wanna give me a ride in their GTR?
I agree. Honestly a supercar probably has alot more exclusivity and way less production numbers.
Old 05-19-09, 05:20 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Btw. I have 2 friends that have GTR's. One that makes 600+whp on c16 and another that is just shy of that number. And for what they are... There still slow
If they are making those kinda numbers then they are high 10 sec cars. Thats not slow to me. If they arent making those numbers then something is wrong. That in comparison is the kind of power a supra would need to break that 10 number. Do they post on the GTR forum? I may know them
Old 05-20-09, 05:26 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I agree. Honestly a supercar probably has alot more exclusivity and way less production numbers.
That's exactly where I was headed.

.[/QUOTE]Btw. I have 2 friends that have GTR's. One that makes 600+whp on c16 and another that is just shy of that number. And for what they are... There still slow .[/QUOTE]

I don't think a slow 600hp car exists.

Last edited by DRE1615; 05-20-09 at 05:32 AM.
Old 05-20-09, 06:44 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

If they are making those kinda numbers then they are high 10 sec cars. Thats not slow to me. If they arent making those numbers then something is wrong. That in comparison is the kind of power a supra would need to break that 10 number. Do they post on the GTR forum? I may know them
Supras ran 10's at BPU with a nitrous shot in 1998. That was back in the days of Tozer, Saad, and Guilly arguing about who had the quickest Supra in Arizona. It's been a long time.

Quick Reply: C6 vs IS-F