IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Some f***er keyed my car!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-09, 10:35 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraman16
I'm so pissed off right now. Just got back from the mall and just noticed my driver side door keyed down to the paint. Its mind boggling how humanity can be so jealous, malicious, and just plain evil. I'm a doctor and I work my *** of helping others out and times like this I feel like say "screw you" to everyone else and just not give a ****! I'm so fustrated right now. I hope to whoever did this that Karma catches up with them.
Just take pleasure in knowing that they will probably never amount to anything in there life and that it is probably already ****y and may even get worse. And even if they do become succesfull they may even be so lucky to get keyed too!

I know it sucks, but you have to take the attitude that **** happens and not wonder why, it will only eat away at your happiness. Just let it go, I know the feeling.
Old 05-09-09, 10:42 PM
gqr1c3boi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, that sucks! Sorry to hear about that.

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
people are just plain jealous.... especially i have noticed that this happens a lot in college towns sometimes..... luckily it has not happened to me........ hope it does not... sad to say.... this might be an excuse to get custom paint???
I remember a professor saying one time, "how can you talk to me about not having money when all you kids drive are BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. when I drive a regular pick up truck..." it's the professors who are jealous
Old 05-09-09, 10:51 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

wow that sucks...that's why I don't take my F out too much...only on weekends...but if it happens it happens...just haters...
Old 05-09-09, 11:06 PM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

I know that f*** up..i was so sad and **** when somone keyed my IS. i know how you feel but i am a student your a doctor you should have the $$ to get get it fix around 500... why are you so fustrated if i am a doctor i have all that $$ i wont be all fustrated..
Old 05-09-09, 11:32 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350HKS
I know that f*** up..i was so sad and **** when somone keyed my IS. i know how you feel but i am a student your a doctor you should have the $$ to get get it fix around 500... why are you so fustrated if i am a doctor i have all that $$ i wont be all fustrated..
Wow you're inconsiderate. It's NOT about money, it's about the idea of something you own gets vandalize.
Old 05-09-09, 11:41 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350HKS
dude u need to go back to school....
Old 05-09-09, 11:42 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

that makes me soo mand man. it really makes me feel like commiting a felony
Old 05-09-09, 11:51 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Lightbulb

It happened at the Glendale Galleria. Gave them a call to see if they have any security cameras and if I could take a look at the footage. They gave me some BS that they don't allow review of their private security camera footage. I parked my car in a well lit area right in the area that was very public...I usually try to to prevent such things like this, but even that obviously didn't work. I feel like crap right now. I don't want to even look at the car. I will likely have to get the door resprayed and given that it's starfire pearl, it'll likely be pretty hefty. Life just blows right now...
If it's a private facility, they bear the responsibility of protecting the car, then. Are there signs saying that you park at your own risk when you enter it? If not, then politely tell the security company to ensure that they do not destroy the evidence that they have committed to retain by accepting the responsibility of a private parking lot. Then explain to them that a court order can be issued if they refuse to cooperate with the police investigation. Given that the respray will likely cost over $500, that's malicious destruction of property and vandalism over $100, and the police can get a subpoena for the footage if the company purported to you that they have it.

I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on the interwebs. Having had a car victimized in a parking lot myself, I learned a few things. Good luck, mang, and sorry to hear about it, but the bottom line is that you're okay and the car will be, too. Keep up the good work - those who appreciate it number far more than those who don't, I'm sure.

Big Mack
Old 05-10-09, 01:06 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Doh.. sorry to hear that. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 05-10-09, 01:20 AM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That just blows.

Nothing much we can say to make it better for next few days. However, a good body shop will get her back to a pristine condition. Hang in there, Chief.
Old 05-10-09, 07:10 AM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Just take pleasure in knowing that they will probably never amount to anything in there life and that it is probably already ****y and may even get worse. And even if they do become succesfull they may even be so lucky to get keyed too!

I know it sucks, but you have to take the attitude that **** happens and not wonder why, it will only eat away at your happiness. Just let it go, I know the feeling.
+1.
Evil begets evil.
That'll come around to bite him sooner or later.
The only regret is that you probably won't see him get his, but believe me, he'll get it.

Supraman, you'll feel better once she's all painted up and pretty again. In the meantime, touch it up and try not to think any more about it.

C.
Old 05-10-09, 07:20 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

sorry to hear that! just a while back i had gotten a huge deep door ding when some older teen gets out and kicks his door open. luckily i happen to be going back to my car to get my wallet; when i saw it and almost came unleashed! if he was not 17 i would have probably beat him down but instead i found his parents and made them pay! again sorry for your loss and good luck! if they have a lexus certified collision center use one i did here in dallas and they are the best!
Old 05-10-09, 07:59 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Just livid to hear this story. Many of us have had this happen to them, including myself, nothing like the feeling of being raped ( victim) and not catching the bastard who did this.

People for one reason or another, just have no respect for other people's property. Hope your able to acquire the mall video and catch the bastard.
Old 05-10-09, 08:37 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

This is my worst nightmare as well. I parked at a mall last night, far away from everyone else. But then your car sticks out, but if you park with everyone else, you need to worry about careless people throwing doors open. You can't win.

It doesn't help we are in a bad economy when people are struggling with mortgage payments and aren't even buying Chevys, let alone luxury cars.
Old 05-10-09, 08:55 AM
FMA08ISF
Driver School Candidate

I'm so pissed off right now. Just got back from the mall and just noticed my driver side door keyed down to the paint. Its mind boggling how humanity can be so jealous, malicious, and just plain evil. I'm a doctor and I work my *** of helping others out and times like this I feel like say "screw you" to everyone else and just not give a ****! I'm so fustrated right now. I hope to whoever did this that Karma catches up with them.
---------------------

Hi Doc,

Some malicious jealous idiot did it to my F too! (not as much as yours). I know how you feel. I hate that it happened. I'll have to talk to the Lexus dealer how much it cost to fix the scratch.

Would you, Doc, curse that maliciuos idiot bad dream and nightmare that he'd be unable to sleep at night for the whole month! And when he does fall asleep may your IS F run him down so he would not be able to sleep for a month or more(?).

How do like my curse, Doc?

Quick Reply: Some f***er keyed my car!!