IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-19, 06:55 PM
Hassled1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi from the Bayarea, had my Isf for about 2 years and haven’t introduced myself so figured I should. Looking forward to being a part of this community and giving info on anything I can. Thanks and take care.

1 Smoky Granite
2 Nav Ml
3 Black
4 Beat Sonic MVX-140L Sony XAV-AX200SXM Joe Z exhaust
K&N intake with injen Carb Sticker.
5 ?

7 Sunroof
8 Nor Cal Bayarea

Last edited by Hassled1; 08-04-19 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Adding more info
Old 08-19-19, 11:12 AM
azmad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's it going guys,

I've been lurking these forums for about a month, juicing over this vehicle. I decided to get this vehicle as my first car purchase, and finally managed to get one! Just a young dude out of college and into the oil field in the middle of nowhere. So excited to be part of the few IS F owners!
My old man 2008 lexus IS F w/ 82k miles!!

1. Smoky granite mica
2. Nav/ML
3. All black interior
4/5. Clean carfax (thank god)
6. I be in houston, texas ! If anyone in texas we should meet!
Old 08-19-19, 11:21 AM
Hassled1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by azmad

How's it going guys,

I've been lurking these forums for about a month, juicing over this vehicle. I decided to get this vehicle as my first car purchase, and finally managed to get one! Just a young dude out of college and into the oil field in the middle of nowhere. So excited to be part of the few IS F owners!
My old man 2008 lexus IS F w/ 82k miles!!

1. Smoky granite mica
2. Nav/ML
3. All black interior
4/5. Clean carfax (thank god)
6. I be in houston, texas ! If anyone in texas we should meet!
Welcome man yours looks a lot like mine lol. Reliable fast and fun your gonna love it and a ton of mods to make it even faster if you want. Enjoy
The following users liked this post:
azmad (08-19-19)
Old 08-19-19, 12:10 PM
ALexusF
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 2011 USB ISF w/52k miles

Been here since March/April of 2019. Purchased my ISF from Golden, Colorado and drove back to Socal in May of 2019. Absolutely love this car, so much to fun to have and very practical for a V8-equipped sedan lol.
1 Ultrasonic Blue Mica
2 Nav ML
3 Alpine White
4 K&N Typhoon intake (going back to OEM), Borla Catback Exhaust w/RR Racing Bazooka Muffler Deletes, Ventross CF Trunk (paint-matched USB, waiting for in mail), RR Racing AOS, Black Pearl Front Emblem (also in mail), ceramic coated w/Cquartz UK 3.0 in June of 2019.

IG:usb_is500

Old 08-19-19, 03:35 PM
azmad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hassled1
Welcome man yours looks a lot like mine lol. Reliable fast and fun your gonna love it and a ton of mods to make it even faster if you want. Enjoy
Thanks bro twin lexus power lol
Reliability was a focus definitely, and a v8
Old 08-19-19, 10:11 PM
BlckGhst
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ALexusF
Been here since March/April of 2019. Purchased my ISF from Golden, Colorado and drove back to Socal in May of 2019. Absolutely love this car, so much to fun to have and very practical for a V8-equipped sedan lol.
1 Ultrasonic Blue Mica
2 Nav ML
3 Alpine White
4 K&N Typhoon intake (going back to OEM), Borla Catback Exhaust w/RR Racing Bazooka Muffler Deletes, Ventross CF Trunk (paint-matched USB, waiting for in mail), RR Racing AOS, Black Pearl Front Emblem (also in mail), ceramic coated w/Cquartz UK 3.0 in June of 2019.
Beautiful car. Whats the reason for wanting to go back to the OEM intake?
Old 08-20-19, 03:48 PM
ALexusF
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BlckGhst
Beautiful car. Whats the reason for wanting to go back to the OEM intake?
Thank you! Just haven't read anything positive about the K&N Typhoon from the forums. I bought the vehicle with it already equipped. I've read on multiple posts that the OEM intake is more than sufficient for performance until I am making around 400whp (which is pretty much FBO w/tune to gain anymore from then).
BlckGhst (08-21-19)
Old 08-27-19, 10:50 PM
Dcepticonz
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2009 Smokey Granite Mica 88k

Hey,

proud owner of an ISF for four (4) whole days and I’m loving it thus far. I’ve always wanted to own this car and after striking out 3-4x in the past few months (ISF goes on the market and within a day or two is sold before I can get to even look at it) I finally was able to secure one. Had to expand my search outside of Seattle and grabbed this one in Portland:

smokey granite mica
ML w/Nav (looking for Apple CarPlay upgrade options)
black interior

mods:

lowered
painted front grille
matte black emblems
debadged
k&n typhoon intake
Toms carbon fiber front lip, side skirts, and rear diffuser
unknown brand LOUD exhaust
Volk Racing rims

happy I don’t need to spend any money on modifications!

Sorry, I’ve only taken one photo so far, the first one. the rest are from the dealership website.

Taking photos this weekend:

Old 09-24-19, 08:24 AM
JWarr00
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

New member, Owned a silver 2003 IS300 for 7+ years, bone stock, didn't really take proper care of it, but loved it to pieces. Somewhere before I bought it it had a windshield replacement, and the liner was nicked, fast forward some years and the whole roof line at the windshield was rusting out. Got it band-aided pretty nicely, and gifted it to my mom when her car died a few years ago. My oldest nephew now owns it, but his funding is effectively non-existent, although he is actively trying to figure out how to get it back to proper working order.

Didn't do enough research, thought I was upgrading, and found a ultra clean, black 2008 IS 250 RWD. Was sold on just how immaculately clean it was, low mileage, and it was a rare RWD. Had this one for slightly over 2 years, found it boring, impossible to keep clean, and it was indicating that is was going to suffer the atrociously expensive intake issues, so ultimately decided to cut my losses and go hunting for a replacement.

https://prnt.sc/pad4g9 - Black IS 250 ready to be picked up
https://prnt.sc/pad470 - Transferring ownership/possession to mom.

Initially was looking for a stock or close to stock 2IS 350, after about a month, my wife realized what age of car I was test driving, she insisted on upping the budget. Spent a couple of weeks looking, but ultimately was disappointed with the selection. Don't particularly like the 3IS look, or the gauge cluster, or the powertrain options, when it hit me that the new budget was barely short of the car I'd wanted for 7-8 years, an ISF...

Found one almost immediately, insisted she go test drive it with me, then she spent the next hour asking me why I wasn't dealing yet/making an offer.

So, now I'm the ecstatic owner of a USB '08 ISF for about a month. Has K&N Typhoon intake, HKS GT IV coilovers, PPE headers Sikky headers, Borla full exhaust with Primary Cat Delete, and looks like the Brembo Big Brake Kit, thinking these are just repainted with decals.

https://prnt.sc/pad4rv - F ready to be picked up
https://prnt.sc/pad55w - Parked at it's new home
https://prnt.sc/pad5f4 - Passenger Front wheel/brake
https://prnt.sc/padaro - Freshly cleaned engine bay

Still have to re-badge and mount a new spoiler, the car used to be vinyl-wrapped, and removing the vinyl broke the spoiler and the delicate badges. So of course, that takes an eternity because it has to be done just right, plus finding blacked out badges (other than the big "L") is either way to expensive, or non-existent. The replacement spoiler I got is just a lip piece, and has no hardware underneath, so have been figuring out how to attach it with more than just the 3M tape.

Update: pretty sure I found a previous owners' build thread, so strike-through'd and updated my initial impression mistakes.

Last edited by JWarr00; 09-29-19 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-09-19, 08:58 AM
supersonic
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey folks,

Back on the club after a couple year hiatus. I traded my 2010 ISF for a 2017 Camaro 2SS new and that became a lemon. Never Chevy/GM Financial again. Learned a hard lesson there. Took a year of saving and getting other things tied up before I could finally get back into the club. I bought an 08 ISF Obsidian Black fully modded from one of the members of the forums here. Now trying to "fix" some odd and ends and thinking of parting away with a Greddy Titanium exhaust and switching to Joe Z for smell issues. I will try to provide more details and pics shortly. Glad to be back on Team ISF.
Lundy11 (10-09-19)
Old 10-10-19, 04:08 PM
Nathansisf
Driver School Candidate

Smile

1.Black.
2.Nav/ML.
3.Black.
4.Awesome car!! Glad i bought it!!
5.bought wrecked and fixed.
6.Dont have very many
7.Sunroof
8.Midwest Ohio

Old 10-12-19, 11:47 AM
NorrinRadd
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all,

Just bought my ISF on Thursday after a couple of years of researching and watching from the sidelines. If anyone in the ATX area want to get together please let me know. Would love to get plugged into the local scene.

1. Mercury Metallic
  2. Nav/ML
  3. Black interior
  4. N/A
  5. no idea what that means
  6. no pics yet
  7. Sunroof
Old 10-12-19, 05:52 PM
JWarr00
Driver School Candidate

Just realized I totally blew the etiquette of the thread (I'm sure you'll give me a break from the excitement of finally getting an ISF...)

1. US
2. Nav/ML
3. Black
4. 7+ years waiting for the price to be in the right range, just enough time to still be able to enjoy one of these for a reasonable amount of time...
5. ????--Pre-crash/or not
6. soon...
7. Sunroof
8. Toronto area, Canada
9. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)
Old 10-19-19, 07:02 PM
LexusVunit
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exterior: Obsidian Black
Interior: Black Leather
Options: Navigation, Mark Levinson, Sunroof
History: Clean Title, No Crash, Dealer Service Life

Old 11-05-19, 01:40 PM
Net Junky
Intermediate

1. Exterior Color - Black
2. Nav/ML
3. Black
4. No parking sensors
5. Not sure
6. Soon, as it's currently getting in the shop for detail
7. Sunroof
8. Pasadena, CA
9. I'll add later.
Meraki Autoworks (11-06-19)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE