IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Drove 2008 ISF on the Street!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-07, 08:05 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

BACK TO TOPIC:

There are privilaged individuals out there in the world that have been able to test-drive the IS-F.

Whether or not you believe it, the possibility is there.

There are members of ClubLexus that have done it, and there are others not on the Club who've had their hands behind the wheel.

To the Original Poster: I'm happy that you were privilaged enough to ride the IS-F. You're one hella lucky guy!!!

To everyone else: if you don't believe it, don't participate in it...
Old 10-12-07, 08:34 AM
sscarbuff
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, back to the subject at hand. I think in all honesty the only way this car will steal some M3,RS4,or C63 sales is if the car blows the others away in performance which is highly unlikely,I hate to say. I do believe Lexus Owners will accept the car. If I was Lexus I would have dressed up the interior abit and made it class leading. For example Black Headliner is very cool but truthfully how much more would it have been to make it in Alcantara? Seats are great but the same Leather as in Regular IS, The RS4 has Nappa Leather wrapped Recaros,Bimmer has Nappa as well as the Benz. The difference between Lexus and the other guys is they truly have there own identity while LEXUS performance is still creating theirs. I hope I am not offending anyone with my comments here because I know you guys are quite passionite about Lexus. I just thought I would give everyone the non partial objective review of this car as we will all see it upcoming issues of Auto Mags. Please if you don't believe me I don't care just keep your comments to yourself.
Old 10-12-07, 11:21 AM
ZD-Lexus
Driver

I am not offended. In fact quite the opposite, thanks for your input! However I will admit that I am shade greener at the moment! lol. Can't wait to test drive one myself.
Old 10-12-07, 12:06 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing your experience. You are truly one lucky guy you know. Can you tell us how the steering feels? Light and numb like most Lexuses, or weighty and direct like most Germans? How was the road feel from the suspension? That's the main thing that I'm most curious and hope Lexus can do right about.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-12-07 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-12-07, 01:37 PM
sscarbuff
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Thanks for sharing your experience. You are truly one lucky guy you know. Can you tell us how the steering feels? Light and numb like most Lexuses, or weighty and direct like most Germans? How was the road feel from the suspension? That's the main thing that I'm most curious and hope Lexus can do right about.
The car was incredibly smooth and quiet. I hate to tell you the steering felt like my LS it definetely wasn't tight like the BMW. By the way.Pics will be posted shortly.
Old 10-12-07, 02:01 PM
997GT3
Driver School Candidate

LOL, this thread is funny. It's pretty amazing how people think no one can drive this car. It's not like he drove a pre-production Bugatti Veyron on the street. We are talking about a 50-60k IS that is close to being released and in about 2 weeks thousands of people will have driven one at the SEMA show in Las Vegas. I was with the thread starter when he drove the car, he drove it, I didn't, but i was in the back seat when he did. Also, when he got the keys its not like he said "thanks i am going to do massive burn outs". When you are driving the car on empty roads you can do whatever the hell you want to do.

Some people need to realize that some come to this forum to share real experiences with other Lexus fans and not just to lie or create drama.

Here are pictures of the car i took.

Old 10-12-07, 02:05 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sscarbuff
The car was incredibly smooth and quiet. I hate to tell you the steering felt like my LS it definetely wasn't tight like the BMW. By the way.Pics will be posted shortly.
That's terribly disappointing news. One would think that Lexus was actually getting all serious about making real driver's cars by setting up an F division. When will they ever learn?

I now only hope that the same "performance steering" will not be applied to the LF-A. Come on, Lexus. Be serious!!

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-12-07 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-12-07, 02:10 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 997GT3
Here are pictures of the car i took.
First clear pics of a black IS-F!! Thanks!! It looks more luxury than sport in black though.

And yeah we should all assume innocence unless proven otherwise. It's only fair.
Old 10-12-07, 02:48 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

the car was quiet?...weird...from the vids posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHCUeCcwyIg by Manjo....the car didn't seem quiet...not loud but you could hear a constant droning from the engine or exhaust...
Old 10-12-07, 02:52 PM
sscarbuff
Driver School Candidate

I didn't mean quiet from Engine noise just road/tire noise. The car didn't beat me up. It gets plenty load once the Tach goes past 4k
Old 10-12-07, 02:55 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

cool...thanks for the info
Old 10-12-07, 03:33 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Lucky you.

I find it really hard to believe that it has steering "like an LS" though. I mean seriously......
Old 10-12-07, 04:04 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

Thanks guys, back to the subject at hand. I think in all honesty the only way this car will steal some M3,RS4,or C63 sales is if the car blows the others away in performance which is highly unlikely,I hate to say.
Thanks for offering up the information, and your thoughtful analysis, which I mostly agree with.

I recognize that dealership, BTW.
Old 10-12-07, 04:27 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Did you find the car to feel heavy?
Old 10-12-07, 05:50 PM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

So...a "medium fast" performancecar, quiet and smooth, with steering like LS ?

Quick Reply: Drove 2008 ISF on the Street!!!