IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS at the Nurburgring in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-05, 11:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L

Also, the fact that both AutoExpress and Best Car quoted the same displacement and horsepower numbers should mean something, unless of course one simply plagiarized from the other.
Those two magazines are not credible sources of info. They're not authentic and they usually come from the same channel of rumors. Take it w/a grain of salt.
Old 04-26-05, 01:14 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, how many feet away do you think the photographer was hiding? If he/she was within a decent range, they would perhaps be able to hear the sound of the engine at full-throttle... its very easy to tell the difference between the note of a V6 and 8 or more cylinder engine.
Old 04-26-05, 01:30 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Judging by the pictures, he had a very long zoom lens to capture that photo. You can tell by the proportion of the guardrails in back. The image looks "pressed" if you will. I'm sure he was close enough to hear the sound. but it's doubtful the photographer will come here to tell us how it sounded.
Old 04-26-05, 01:55 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
Just curious, how many feet away do you think the photographer was hiding? If he/she was within a decent range, they would perhaps be able to hear the sound of the engine at full-throttle... its very easy to tell the difference between the note of a V6 and 8 or more cylinder engine.
You can get pretty close to the track.
The guy must have heard the engine from where he was standing.
Old 04-30-05, 03:49 PM
mink92890
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VVT-i
It is hard to tell about the gap between fender and the how height between the body to the ground from those pictures. The car in the picture may taking a turn or coming down hill and we all know the Ring has a lot of turns.

What is this vent on the driver side hood?
The person that said something about what is on the drivers side... It is making me think of how amazing this IS500 or whatever it is will be... It might me a instrument cluster like the corvette which displays all the info on the windshield, like speed, etc. so u dont have to look at the cluster... If that is Lexus is about to revolutionize (which it already has ) But back to the point, could it be nightvision... I dont know how that works, but could it be... Im thinking about the cluster being portrayed on the windshield as my first guess..

Do you guys think I am right
I think it is a good first guess

Mink92890
Old 04-30-05, 03:55 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mink92890
The person that said something about what is on the drivers side... It is making me think of how amazing this IS500 or whatever it is will be... It might me a instrument cluster like the corvette which displays all the info on the windshield, like speed, etc. so u dont have to look at the cluster... If that is Lexus is about to revolutionize (which it already has ) But back to the point, could it be nightvision... I dont know how that works, but could it be... Im thinking about the cluster being portrayed on the windshield as my first guess..

Do you guys think I am right
I think it is a good first guess

Mink92890
ahhhh which one on the driver side are you talking about????

if you are talking about headup disply HUD, they are usually projected on the windshield from the dash, interior of the car. not from the hood.
i might be wrong. but yours is a good guess tho
Old 05-01-05, 07:24 AM
mink92890
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DC52E55
ahhhh which one on the driver side are you talking about????

if you are talking about headup disply HUD, they are usually projected on the windshield from the dash, interior of the car. not from the hood.
i might be wrong. but yours is a good guess tho
I was confused to because it sounds like it should be from the inside... Maybe we are in for a japanese surprise...

Mink92890
Old 05-31-05, 10:09 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Came across a few more pics. Not sure if it's the same one seen at the Nurburgring though. Would've been able to tell if there were a shot at the hood.

Old 05-31-05, 12:39 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Came across a few more pics. Not sure if it's the same one seen at the Nurburgring though. Would've been able to tell if there were a shot at the hood.

Looks to be in Europe.
Old 05-31-05, 12:43 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Richie
Looks to be in Europe.
Yeah...the license plate seems to be of European dimensions.
Old 05-31-05, 01:10 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah...the license plate seems to be of European dimensions.
Looks to be on their way to Toyota Europe HQ in Belgium, the cars have Belgian plates on them.
Old 05-31-05, 01:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

wow seems like lexus is indeed doing a lot of testing there!
Old 05-31-05, 02:19 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Richie
Looks to be on their way to Toyota Europe HQ in Belgium, the cars have Belgian plates on them.
Wow you can tell it's Belgian from such low-res pics. Good eyes you have.

I found the pics from this thread: http://www.autoweek.nl/forum/read.ph...=72907&t=72907
If anyone can read what they say (I can't even tell which language they're speaking... .nl = Dutch maybe? Richie?) maybe it'll give us some clue to where the pictures were taken.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 05-31-05 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-31-05, 02:26 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by rominl
wow seems like lexus is indeed doing a lot of testing there!
Historically they always have. It's just more recently that people are tech-savvy and carry their digital cameras w/them wherever they go now.
Old 05-31-05, 03:05 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Wow you can tell it's Belgian from such low-res pics. Good eyes you have.

I found the pics from this thread: http://www.autoweek.nl/forum/read.ph...=72907&t=72907
If anyone can read what they say (I can't even tell which language they're speaking... .nl = Dutch maybe? Richie?) maybe it'll give us some clue to where the pictures were taken.
Yeah, easy to tell, that they are Belgian plates. All toyota/lexus test cars have belgian plates here.

The guys on the Dutch forum where mostly talking about the school girl on the front cover.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS at the Nurburgring in Germany