IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

2010 IS350c exhaust identical to the sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-18, 09:44 PM
Lexusloud
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010 IS350c exhaust identical to the sedan?

I can't find any good underside pics of a IS350C. If the sedan is the same then I may have found some on Google. I need pictures from the upstream cats back. Want to do a little modifying with out making the wife mad
Old 07-16-18, 11:08 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusloud
.2010 IS350c exhaust identical to the sedan?
No. due to the bracing, it isn’t identical

Sedan exhaust will not work on the convertible. Piping after the midpipe is different. Midpipes are the same though. Only exhaust that fits without modification is the f sport exhaust for the convertible.

Last edited by ryanSC300lover; 07-18-18 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-17-18, 10:51 PM
Lexusloud
Driver

Thanks Ryan
Old 07-18-18, 12:32 PM
Lexusloud
Driver

Default Anyone have or know a pic of 2010 up, is350c factory exhaust?

I can't find on google a for sure picture of the factory exhaust system for the 2010 and up IS350C. Everything is IS350. At least no one specifies it a C exhaust. It apparently is different from IS350's per our forum here. Can anybody help? Thanks a lot.
Old 08-04-18, 01:39 AM
SlenderKen
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I can't find on google a for sure picture of the factory exhaust system for the 2010 and up IS350C. Everything is IS350. At least no one specifies it a C exhaust. It apparently is different from IS350's per our forum here. Can anybody help? Thanks a lot.
I'm a little late to the party haha, but they are 100% different at the axleback. The midpipe is compatible between the sedan and the convertible, but the axle back is not. I confirmed this first hand when selecting the exhaust I wanted, so I ended up going the custom route for the axleback and running with a megan midpipe. If you want to hear a sound clip, I have one on my instagram @lexus_isc.63
Old 08-06-18, 07:31 AM
Lexusloud
Driver

I got a look at the underside of my C the other day. Really not enough room for the cutouts I was hoping to use. I would love to hear this V6 with an open exhaust in the sweet spot of the RPM range!
Old 08-08-18, 06:59 PM
SlenderKen
Pit Crew

I got a look at the underside of my C the other day. Really not enough room for the cutouts I was hoping to use. I would love to hear this V6 with an open exhaust in the sweet spot of the RPM range!
They have the regular IS350 with cutouts on YouTube, which would sound the same. Also for the cutouts, most people replace the resonator with a straight tube and then put the cutout on that section. The car will sound about stock with the valve closed and loud when open.
Old 08-09-18, 09:34 AM
Lexusloud
Driver

I wonder if anyone sells a bolt in resonator delete pipe, or cat delete pipe?
Old 08-09-18, 10:49 AM
SlenderKen
Pit Crew

I wonder if anyone sells a bolt in resonator delete pipe, or cat delete pipe?
They do not due to the configuration of our exhaust. The entire Y-pipe is one piece, so there is no way to separate the resonator or cat converters without cutting and welding. Only the aftermarket midpipes like Invidia or Megan have two pieces that could be separated. In that case they might have one.. but I'm not sure haha. I would just go custom for the deletes and keep the parts in case you ever want to throw it back on.
Old 08-09-18, 01:32 PM
Lexusloud
Driver

If the car was loud my wife would have a conniption fit (she deals with country clubs and high end clients) so it wouldn't be a good fit.
Old 08-09-18, 02:20 PM
SlenderKen
Pit Crew

If the car was loud my wife would have a conniption fit (she deals with country clubs and high end clients) so it wouldn't be a good fit.
I'm saying place the cutout where the stock resonator goes, you just need a pipe welded in its place to use the cutout. The car sounds about the same.

Here are two videos to kind of show you how it sounds and around where to place it:

Lmk if that helps
Old 08-28-18, 06:03 PM
Winters
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I have a 2014 is250C and I was wondering if it's possible and or a good idea to try and modify the F sport exhaust from a 2014 is350 F sport to fit the isc. Is it doable and worth it or so I stop being cheap and buy it new?

Thanks!

AW
Old 08-28-18, 07:56 PM
SlenderKen
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Winters

I have a 2014 is250C and I was wondering if it's possible and or a good idea to try and modify the F sport exhaust from a 2014 is350 F sport to fit the isc. Is it doable and worth it or so I stop being cheap and buy it new?

AW
It will not work for many reasons. First off, our car's axleback converges into one pipe. Our car is based off of the 2is (2nd generation IS) and that was discontinued in 2013, which was when the 3is (3rd generation IS) was released. The ISC and ISF did not change their design much in terms of exhaust from those times.

Secondly, even a 2is F-Sport exhaust would not work at all. At that point what the shops would have to do for any F-Sport exhaust that isn't made for our car is cut the mufflers off and weld them onto our factory pipes. It's annoying yes... but that's the life we chose when we got this car haha.

You can check out my IG if you want to see my build. It sounds nice and is custom. Just in case you want to go that route!
@Lexus_isc.63
The following users liked this post:
Winters (08-29-18)
Old 08-29-18, 07:59 AM
Winters
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response and nice car! I haven't seen any is350c's up here let alone a FSPORT one!

So would using my old exhaust and cutting the pipe at the mufflers and weld the Fsport muffler be a good idea? I think I can get the exhausts for $600 used and it wouldn't cost me more than $200-$300 to get it welded and installed. Do I have to worry about anything else? The muffler's on that exhaust are the same one's I would find on There are no used ones available and the cheapest new one I found is 1850 + shipping to Montreal, so almost double the price. I don't want to make a poor decision and cheap out if it's a bad idea but think this is a good opportunity to save a couple bucks.

I don't think it's worth trying to keep the original muffler and selling as is as there are many for sale and I could probably get at best 350-400 for it and could take me 2-3 years to sell it! I still have my OEM STI exhaust for 8 years + and yet to find a buyer that want's OEM parts!

Having just bought the car, the wife isn't too keen on me putting more money into it and I could use the extra budget to buy struts, coils and cold air intake. If not I will just get exhaust and have to wait a few years to get approval to buy other parts!

Thanks!

AW
Old 08-29-18, 09:23 AM
SlenderKen
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Winters
Thanks for the response and nice car! I haven't seen any is350c's up here let alone a FSPORT one!

So would using my old exhaust and cutting the pipe at the mufflers and weld the Fsport muffler be a good idea? I think I can get the exhausts for $600 used and it wouldn't cost me more than $200-$300 to get it welded and installed. Do I have to worry about anything else? The muffler's on that exhaust are the same one's I would find on There are no used ones available and the cheapest new one I found is 1850 + shipping to Montreal, so almost double the price. I don't want to make a poor decision and cheap out if it's a bad idea but think this is a good opportunity to save a couple bucks.

Having just bought the car, the wife isn't too keen on me putting more money into it and I could use the extra budget to buy struts, coils and cold air intake. If not I will just get exhaust and have to wait a few years to get approval to buy other parts!

Thanks!

AW
I would typically start with an intake, since it becomes a little harder to hear once the exhaust is on. There is an intake mod that you can do where you cut a hole in the airbox to simulate having an F-Sport intake, then drop in a K&N filter. There should be a thread somewhere.. Check the IS sedan's page. That will save you money and still sound like an F-Sport intake.

OP, it really comes down to if you like the sound of the F-Sport muffler that much. For $600 you can buy a range of other mufflers as well. You can look up the sedan version of our car on YouTube and pick a sound you like, then just copy those mufflers. The way I would start modding a car for sound is intake>axleback>midpipe>headers.

Also for like ~$900, a shop can probably fabricate a high quality custom axleback and you can get the sound you want. Some people even go to the extent of having a fully custom midpipe and axleback in order to have a true dual exhaust (does not converge to the Y-pipe). Again, the choice is yours, just pick a sound you like.