IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Needs some stereo advice for new 2011 IS350C

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 09:10 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree mike, its such a shame! but here are some areas that i have thought of to fab a one off box. Note: I have air so my spare is gone.

1. Use the spare tire well and fab an enclosure, sub magnet facing up. from the spare tire panel there is some space in between that and the trunk separator.

2. Right or Left corners of the trunk next to the bumper. looks like an 8" on each side will do the trick.

3. With the top down, check the sides where the wheel wells are, there is some space there. I think?

4. last resort, kick panel on the passengers side. Ive seen NSX's with that kind of setup.

Good luck and keep us updated if you happen to get one installed.
Old 12-23-10, 05:32 AM
scubamike
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, the kick-panel was what I was hoping to use, but the dealership confirmed there was no room there either.

At this point, I'm thinking of having a Bazooka Tube with the wiring harness's quick connector coiled up under the seat, so you can take the subwoofer in or out (if you need the rear floor space).

Doubt that will happen much, I just don't like the look of having it sitting in the rear floor area.
Old 12-23-10, 12:30 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ If you go that route, you might want to lay a black piece of cloth over the Bazooka tube so would be thieves can't see it through the windows.
Old 12-25-10, 08:59 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
^ If you go that route, you might want to lay a black piece of cloth over the Bazooka tube so would be thieves can't see it through the windows.
The rear floorboard on the verts isn't really visible through the windows.

(obviously, though, YMMV depending on interior color, tint, and har far back your seats are)
Old 12-25-10, 09:10 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scubamike, dumb question but have you turned on the ASL/volume equalizer or whatever it's called in the sound menu. (sorry I don't have the car here at the moment and can't think of what the specific setting is, but IIRC the button is in the lower corner in the sound menu)

That setting may help your situation, although with the music I listen to it seems to be hit or miss. It seems that once I go over 20 mph, it cranks up the bass.....which is really crappy if you're in the city cause it will be fine at a stop light, then you start moving and it will have too much bass, so you have to lower the volume, and then when you get to a stop again you have to increase it again, and the cycle repeats.

Personally, I feel that there's too much low end on certain tracks on my CD's, and a lack of low-end bass on satellite. (this is even with the volume adjuster on) I've fiddled with the typical sound settings (treble/bass/mid) to get it better, but it's still weird in the way it acts.

With ASL off, it seems like I can't get much punch without cranking up the bass near all the way.

IIRC, the audio system lets you make adjustments for each source, so I've tweaked my satellite settings to be a little different than my CD source. However, IIRC, the ASL isn't independent for each source......it's either on or off for the entire system .

I guess long story short, you may just have to fiddle with all the adjustments, both with that equalizer/adjuster on and off......

Moreover, what makes things even more difficult on top of all of that is that the radio adjusts itself for top up vs top down driving.

Of course, top down does it really matter, with all the ambient noises

(note: all of that I described in my system is with top up driving......also, I'm by no means an audio expert, and my ears like just nice highs and a little low end bass to fill out the voids......I don't like having my system felt 5 cars behind me)

Last edited by mikes rx; 12-25-10 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-26-10, 06:11 AM
scubamike
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried adjusting the stereo systems settings and no real improvement. Having two other cars with subwoofers in them (one aftermarket and one stock) I'm sure the Lexus will sound better with one.

Another thing I've noticed about the Lexus stereo, is that adjusting the volume (going up or down) is very slow. If you use the steering wheel controls or instrument panel controls, it just adjusts slow.
Old 12-26-10, 06:34 AM
lexusis305
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Were do u want the sub l can make you a custom box . Here some of my systems in diff. ISs and the mid one am just geting started ,but if your interested I can make custom mold for your and send it to you because I have access to all lexus and can test fit to be fit %100 . pm me if any thingeNeeds some stereo advice for new 2011 IS350C-2010-10-08-20.13.09.jpg

Needs some stereo advice for new 2011 IS350C-2010-11-05-00.13.18.jpg

Needs some stereo advice for new 2011 IS350C-2010-11-30-15.33.12.jpg

Needs some stereo advice for new 2011 IS350C-img_4702.jpg

Needs some stereo advice for new 2011 IS350C-2010-11-26-22.12.19.jpg