IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Is 350 c

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-09, 08:30 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by CAS
Thanks, I also bought a 2010 ES 350 for my wife. She had an 08 ES 350.

By the way, where is the oil filter on the C?
Since you are on a buying spree, I'd like mine in blue. No? Okay, just thought I'd make sure.
Old 10-26-09, 09:41 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an 08 BMW335i cabriolet...nice car. However, i am concerned with BMW quality over time. Lexus service and quality are top of the line....and as well there are a few features that I really like over BMW. First off, BMW i-drive is not user friendly, their navigation is terrible-love Lexus touch screen (got used to it in my 08 RX). For me, there is nothing like the comfort of a Lexus driver's seat--BMW just does not do it for me - some rave about their sport seats but there is a hollow without support where the lower cushion and backrest meet--that kills my back--this is not the case in the Lexus--and now Lexus has both heated and cooled seats - not avail with BMW. My Lexus dealer always has a loaner car for me when i go in for service - i might get one at the German store. My BMW has those horrible-riding run-flat Bridgestone tires. Lexus also has Bridgestone tires and that is my only area of concern --they are not run-flats but I have driven both a 250C and 350C and am concerned about the ride quality--why are they not using Michelin Pilots?? Furthermore, there is no comparing thre paint job quality on the Lexus vs BMW--Lexus has a first rate paint job while every 3 series BMW that I have seen - mine included suffers from "orange peel" quality. Lexus parts always seem designed with top-notch quality in mind--BMW's seem flimsy and cheap--prone to problems...How is visibiity out of the back window with the top up?? I have only driven them with the top down. So in the spring, i will consider a IS350C with navi and Levinson--while i await feedback from other new IS "C" owners.
Old 10-26-09, 11:17 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally would not do it......but the Convertible is a plus for sure, which the IS-F would have a convertible version I would of be all over it.
Old 10-26-09, 11:18 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dentate
I have an 08 BMW335i cabriolet...nice car. However, i am concerned with BMW quality over time. Lexus service and quality are top of the line....and as well there are a few features that I really like over BMW. First off, BMW i-drive is not user friendly, their navigation is terrible-love Lexus touch screen (got used to it in my 08 RX). For me, there is nothing like the comfort of a Lexus driver's seat--BMW just does not do it for me - some rave about their sport seats but there is a hollow without support where the lower cushion and backrest meet--that kills my back--this is not the case in the Lexus--and now Lexus has both heated and cooled seats - not avail with BMW. My Lexus dealer always has a loaner car for me when i go in for service - i might get one at the German store. My BMW has those horrible-riding run-flat Bridgestone tires. Lexus also has Bridgestone tires and that is my only area of concern --they are not run-flats but I have driven both a 250C and 350C and am concerned about the ride quality--why are they not using Michelin Pilots?? Furthermore, there is no comparing thre paint job quality on the Lexus vs BMW--Lexus has a first rate paint job while every 3 series BMW that I have seen - mine included suffers from "orange peel" quality. Lexus parts always seem designed with top-notch quality in mind--BMW's seem flimsy and cheap--prone to problems...How is visibiity out of the back window with the top up?? I have only driven them with the top down. So in the spring, i will consider a IS350C with navi and Levinson--while i await feedback from other new IS "C" owners.
Yowza that one one hell of a beating you just gave your fifty plus G car.
Old 10-27-09, 01:32 PM
Ghost ES3
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would u do that??? Vertibles are for chicks.. Mainly Barbie type girls... Why...
Old 10-27-09, 01:55 PM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

NIce somebody has to trade their IS-Fs in for us to buy USED IS-fs....IMO
Old 10-27-09, 02:16 PM
Low Offset
Driver

wow u payed more money for a less powerful car.
Old 10-27-09, 04:06 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusSC430
The 350C is new, refreshing and a great choice. I am loving this car.
+1

everyone is talking about it being a downgrade. if its concerning power yes, it is a downgrade. But its a whole other car once the top is dropped and your cruising on a sunday afternoon.

I, like LexusSC430 love the vert.
Old 10-27-09, 04:19 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

i dont know why everyone is bashing his choice. if you like the car more power to you, trust me i had a chance to get a 2006 gto w/23k miles on it for like 18k otd, but i didnt. and i never hear the end of it from my buddies, i also never hear the end of it for trading my truck in for my is350. but i dont regret my decision. sure i could of had a 400hp beast but only being 19 that would have killed me in insurance after i started racking up the tickets. or i could have wrapped the thing around a tree. sure i would like more power but there is nothing compared to how comfortable my car is and i have never looked back since. i just love the look i get when i get out of my car and my neighbors all give me the same look, damn that is such a nice car. just like i said before MORE POWER TO YOU, enjoy your vert i think you made a good decision if you like convertables

btw imo 300hp is enough for daily driving hahaha
Old 10-27-09, 04:22 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Congrats on the vert!

I can't wait to see all the modified verts on CL! The car definitely has potential!
Old 10-30-09, 06:11 PM
CAS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tC_demon
Very nice...what color is the ES350?
Truffle Mica w/brown and parchment interior
Old 10-30-09, 06:14 PM
CAS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dentate
Top Up and rear head restraints down, the visibility is not bad as you can see through the "roll over" bars.
Old 10-30-09, 06:20 PM
CAS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Low Offset
wow u payed more money for a less powerful car.
The 08 ISF was around $62k with tinted windows, I got 5k off or around $57k total w/o tax and fees.

The 2010 IS 350 C was stickered for almost $52K and I got $3K off.

So how is that more?
Old 10-30-09, 09:54 PM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Congrat on the new ride.