IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Pic Request, front bumper clips

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-21, 11:38 AM
MoreNachos
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Pic Request, front bumper clips

Hi all, can anyone get me a picture of the front bumper tabs. Specifically, the tabs that are attached on the top inner portion of the front bumper cover itself where the bumper and fender meet near the wheel well (not the tabs on the bracket connected to the fender/chassis, need the tabs on the bumper itself). Reason being, my cars bumper is sitting 1-2cm below where it should and I believe the tab is broken so I'm looking to confirm. Appreciate any help.

Last edited by MoreNachos; 10-12-21 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-12-21, 12:55 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Here is a pic of the tab from a distance unfortunately...it was an old pic i had laying around.

You can see the tab in the bottom left area...not much to it

However, if the tab is broken the bumper is garbage because there is no way to fix that so the bumper will actually stay in place properly.
Old 10-12-21, 01:02 PM
MoreNachos
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, its not the tab at the end so much as those small upticks that click into place just infront of that actually, it seems they just wont catch. If I'm right, there is a solution to fix it. It really probably isnt noticable to anyone but me unless its pointed out... but it bugs me and I have some time working from home so hoping to fix it.
Old 10-12-21, 01:36 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

You could try replacing the black bracket on the car first to see if a new bracket might grab the bumper better.
The other option is adhering it in place so it can't move at all, basically gluing it to the bracket...in which case removing the bumper in the future will be problematic.

If the little upticks are worn down, then there isn't much you can do about it.
Certainly good luck in giving it a shot, but don't be too discouraged if it doesn't work...many a bodyman have tried and failed, so there is little hope for us mere mortals lol!