IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Precut Chrome Trim Delete Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-19, 10:00 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
For $50 it better be very accurate, considering it's $10 for the Mini rolls.
You would hope but with most things on Ebay, I rather be cautious. If I couldn't do it myself I would rather pay a professional to do it
Old 06-19-19, 10:31 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
You guys can also pick this vendor's brain:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...om-decals.html
Thanks, emailed him and sent him the link to this thread. He says there he needs 5-10 people in order to run a batch.

Originally Posted by TonyN
You would hope but with most things on Ebay, I rather be cautious. If I couldn't do it myself I would rather pay a professional to do it
Yeah, I was planning to get someone to do my roof and probably side chrome as well. Materials are relatively cheap, but I've never done it and lack the skills to cut straight lines to begin with, and being a perfectionist would likely end up having someone redo it.
Old 06-20-19, 07:01 AM
AgentZer0
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, emailed him and sent him the link to this thread. He says there he needs 5-10 people in order to run a batch.

Yeah, I was planning to get someone to do my roof and probably side chrome as well. Materials are relatively cheap, but I've never done it and lack the skills to cut straight lines to begin with, and being a perfectionist would likely end up having someone redo it.
Seems promising although I get the ebay caution, i'm usually the cautious one, we'll see.
Old 06-20-19, 09:01 AM
sbunz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm down for a group buy for precuts from him.
Old 06-20-19, 03:18 PM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Im also thinking of jumping on this mod. I hate chrome around my window trim as well
Old 06-21-19, 08:21 AM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

Use knife less tape
Old 06-21-19, 08:42 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TonyN
Use knife less tape
Use it before? Still the issue of learning how to use it, positioning, tucking, etc. The roof looks like it'd be easier than the side trim, as the top piece especially sits flush.
Old 06-21-19, 10:50 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,656 Posts

That assumes they're using good vinyl. I guarantee its garbage. ive wrapped a few cars before. Go with rolls or strips. You'll still need a heat gun, super sharp dedicated razor pens, lots of practice and patience to get this job pristine.

This is what I used with ultra supreme results. This and only This. You'll need two rolls for a complete window trim job. A third for the grill. and you'll have plenty left over.

This vinyl is SUPER glossy. 98% like paint. And very very durable. I've tried others and was so junk looking. VVIVID IS IT

https://amzn.to/2WVvm17
Old 06-21-19, 10:54 AM
AgentZer0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E46CT
That assumes they're using good vinyl. I guarantee its garbage. ive wrapped a few cars before. Go with rolls or strips. You'll still need a heat gun, super sharp dedicated razor pens, lots of practice and patience to get this job pristine.

This is what I used with ultra supreme results. This and only This. You'll need two rolls for a complete window trim job. A third for the grill. and you'll have plenty left over.

This vinyl is SUPER glossy. 98% like paint. And very very durable. I've tried others and was so junk looking. VVIVID IS IT

Luckily I also have a roll of VVIVID wrap in case things go south, it suppose to be here on Monday, it ships out of New Orleans it looks like, i'll keep you guys updated.
Old 06-21-19, 10:57 AM
sbunz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you know how much we would need for the roof to be wrapped?
Old 06-21-19, 12:23 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

The roof would probably take a 6ft x 5ft piece. $40

same for hood
Old 06-21-19, 12:26 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Here's the gloss on Vvivid gloss black. These are on my CT mirrors. (the base has 3M on them still, you can see the difference. I'm a bit lazy and have to re-do the bases some day) It's been almost a year and still super glossy. not even scratches on it. i honestly don't know how they made the vinyl this good. and for the record, the bend of the mirror makes me appear larger than i really am. i promise you i'm not that large. lol

The following users liked this post:
lance55 (06-25-19)
Old 06-21-19, 01:17 PM
Ajowhan
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Interested as well. I tried contacting Don Nguyen for the service. He seems to be based in Irvine and ask me where I am from and once I answered Rowland Heights (30 miles away), he just ghosted me
Old 06-21-19, 03:01 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Here's the gloss on Vvivid gloss black. These are on my CT mirrors. (the base has 3M on them still, you can see the difference. I'm a bit lazy and have to re-do the bases some day) It's been almost a year and still super glossy. not even scratches on it. i honestly don't know how they made the vinyl this good. and for the record, the bend of the mirror makes me appear larger than i really am. i promise you i'm not that large. lol

Nice pajamas...

So you've compared VVivid directly with 3M, Avery, and others and found it to be best, or at least a better gloss black?
Old 06-23-19, 01:04 PM
AgentZer0
Driver School Candidate

Okay so update, I got them in hand, pieces look fine. I start trying to put them on, I did buy a car wrap kit it was like 10bucks on Amazon that was a must, I have a heatgun as well, another important step is cleaning the surface with alcohol! it took me about 2-3 hrs to put them on, is it perfect? No. There is some slight imperfections but it did come out solid and i’m actually pretty happy with it!!! Would definitely recommend.
The following users liked this post:
GibbsLexus (06-23-19)

Quick Reply: Precut Chrome Trim Delete Kit?