F sport lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-18, 10:12 PM
Vdang
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F sport lowering springs

Hey guys,

Never lowered a car before and for threads I looked up regarding the f sport lowering springs never really got into detail about it and the thread would die out before the question was answered.

Thinking about buying some f sport lowering springs from lexus for my 2018 IS f Sport. Was wondering if anyone have a before and after picture of an IS on the f sport springs. Also, since the springs only lower the height by ~1inch, will that wear out my tires more dramatically or just slightly?

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-10-18, 12:29 AM
flexspace
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vdang
Hey guys,

Never lowered a car before and for threads I looked up regarding the f sport lowering springs never really got into detail about it and the thread would die out before the question was answered.

Thinking about buying some f sport lowering springs from lexus for my 2018 IS f Sport. Was wondering if anyone have a before and after picture of an IS on the f sport springs. Also, since the springs only lower the height by ~1inch, will that wear out my tires more dramatically or just slightly?

Thank you in advance.
Lowering a car does not wear out your tires more dramatically. A bad alignment does.

Whatever you do, just make sure you get an alignment after the change.

Last edited by flexspace; 09-11-18 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-10-18, 06:27 AM
V350
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Depends on goals. If the goal is just for looks, then it works fine and will be better quality since made by the factory. If you are looking for better handling, lowering springs nay make changes you don't desire. You are still on the stock shock, so reduced the stroke travel. BUT, given this was designed by Lexus, my guess is the compression and rebound on the spring will be similar to factory, so less a problem than third party springs.
Old 09-10-18, 08:08 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by V350
Depends on goals. If the goal is just for looks, then it works fine and will be better quality since made by the factory. If you are looking for better handling, lowering springs nay make changes you don't desire. You are still on the stock shock, so reduced the stroke travel. BUT, given this was designed by Lexus, my guess is the compression and rebound on the spring will be similar to factory, so less a problem than third party springs.
A quality brand with a quality spring will take into account the stock shock to make sure they don’t cause dramatic wear on them by making sure the spring doesn’t change much in regards to travel from the oem one. Obviously the lower you go the harder that is. A half down spring or down spring will be fine. The f sport springs are actually closer to a 0.5 drop from my understanding they are closer to a half down spring and the RSR down springs or Swift springs are about a 1” drop give or take a little.
Old 09-10-18, 09:43 AM
JNP1227
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5

A quality brand with a quality spring will take into account the stock shock to make sure they don’t cause dramatic wear on them by making sure the spring doesn’t change much in regards to travel from the oem one. Obviously the lower you go the harder that is. A half down spring or down spring will be fine. The f sport springs are actually closer to a 0.5 drop from my understanding they are closer to a half down spring and the RSR down springs or Swift springs are about a 1” drop give or take a little.

I have seen a 3IS with the F Sport springs installed and the rear sits a tad bit lower than the front. Correct me if I am wrong but they are only available for RWD not AWD?
Old 09-10-18, 10:51 AM
V350
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

A quality brand with a quality spring will take into account the stock shock to make sure they don’t cause dramatic wear on them by making sure the spring doesn’t change much in regards to travel from the oem one.
True, but I'm looking beyond wear. Reduced stroke travel means that on hard cornering you can (if hard enough) bottom out suspension on the outside wheels on the suspension, causing the inside wheels to go light.
Old 09-10-18, 08:10 PM
Vdang
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flexspace
Lowering a car does not wear out your tires more dramatically. A bad alignment does.

Whatever you do, just make sure you get an alignment after the change.

I also "might" have F-Sport Springs for you in the next few weeks. Will be removing them @ 20k~ mi. DM if interested.
do you have pictures of your car on the springs right now ?
Old 09-10-18, 08:12 PM
Vdang
Driver School Candidate

the Lexus website doesn’t specially say how lower the springs are. But on other websites it said ~1 inch. I’m not saying you’re wrong about it only being 0.5inch, but can you show me where it says that ? Was hoping for at least 1 inch drop. 0.5 is barely noticeable to me.😪
Old 09-10-18, 08:57 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by JNP1227
Correct me if I am wrong but they are only available for RWD not AWD?
You are correct
Old 09-11-18, 05:59 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Whenever Toyota has offered lowering springs, the drop is 1.0 inch. This way they can state that you can use it with the stock shocks/struts, since the drop isn't that aggrressive.
On the initial install it may not be exactly the 1 inch, but after a couple weeks it should settle into the final height.
The following users liked this post:
Gladius (01-02-20)
Old 09-11-18, 12:16 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Lexus F Sport Blues are an excellent premium choice. I have the most conservative aftermarket spring on the market (Tein H Tech) and they're slightly too stiff for my tastes. But the drop is identical more or less to Lexus F Sport.

People scratch their head and ask "is your car lowered? I can't tell."

that to me is the greatest compliment. Subtly can sometimes go a long way! Also when I returned my last Lexus lease it had Blue F Sport springs I installed. I was concerned they'd charge me or be upset. dealer looked at it and like it's Lexus equipment, it's all good!

Anyway i've attached a pic for you to get an idea of what your Lexus Blue springs will look like. Here's mine with Tein H Tech. Roughly the same drop. Less than an inch. very conservative

The following users liked this post:
MagStock (08-12-22)
Old 09-11-18, 12:47 PM
Vdang
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E46CT
Lexus F Sport Blues are an excellent premium choice. I have the most conservative aftermarket spring on the market (Tein H Tech) and they're slightly too stiff for my tastes. But the drop is identical more or less to Lexus F Sport.

that to me is the greatest compliment. Subtly can sometimes go a long way! Also when I returned my last Lexus lease it had Blue F Sport springs I installed. I was concerned they'd charge me or be upset. dealer looked at it and like it's Lexus equipment, it's all good!

Anyway i've attached a pic for you to get an idea of what your Lexus Blue springs will look like. Here's mine with Tein H Tech. Roughly the same drop. Less than an inch. very conservative

Are the f sport springs just as stiff or stiffer than the stock springs. I read somewhere saying it was almost identical.
Old 09-11-18, 12:51 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts

On my CT you can definitely tell the difference. Haven't tested on the IS.

Here's what Lexus has to say on the IS version (or all the versions):

Part Number: PTR0753140

• Lowers the vehicle by approximately one inch in both front and rear
• Enhances on-road vehicle performance with quicker turn-in, enhanced steering response and improved cornering
• Features F SPORT-developed proprietary spring rate (linear in front, progressive in rear)
• Coated with F SPORT's durable blue powder-coat finish, providing superior corrosion resistance
• Rigorously tested through the slalom, on the skid pad and around a high-speed road course

Take to the road with a more aggressive stance and a lower center of gravity. Installing front and rear F SPORT lowering springs sets the vehicle approximately one inch closer to the ground. Performance benefits include quicker turn-ins as well as enhanced steering response and cornering ability. Rigorously tested and engineered to help ensure against rattles, clunking or rubbing—even when pushed to the limit—these springs work with either the stock shock absorbers, or the F SPORT shock absorbers. A durable F SPORT blue powder coat finish provides superior corrosion resistance.
Old 09-13-18, 06:16 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Vdang
Are the f sport springs just as stiff or stiffer than the stock springs. I read somewhere saying it was almost identical.
I think it'd ride just a little stiffer than the stock springs but not by much. If you're looking for a conservative/small drop, the F-Sport springs might be what you are looking for and as other mentioned, it should account for and work with the stock dampers and shocks. I'm not sure if the Eibach Prokit makes springs for our cars, but on my Corolla they were installed and it was just a little more than a half inch drop - the quality of the ride was still close to stock.

Whatever you're going for as far as drop and springs, just make sure you get an alignment afterward.
Old 01-28-21, 08:23 AM
vietvu85
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original springs

Originally Posted by E46CT

do you still have the original springs?

Quick Reply: F sport lowering springs