IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Satelite Radio cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-18, 06:50 PM
Dunhill421
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Satelite Radio cutting out

Hey so every since I picked up my car I noticed when listening to my XM radio the sound cuts out for a second then comes back. This happens randomly depending on how long I’m in the car it can happen multiple times on a single drive.

I already know what some some will say and this is completely different cut out sound than when my radio loses reception. It’s like a sharp cut and then comes back

Its really weord and never ever happened on my NX so I was wondering if a known issue or anyone else experience this.
Old 02-22-18, 07:05 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

did your navigation unit reboot ? if yes leave those 2 USB ports empty , happened to anyone using USB ports for Dashcam etc. im testing it and on the 8th day testing.
Old 02-22-18, 09:02 PM
minhael
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Dunhill421
Hey so every since I picked up my car I noticed when listening to my XM radio the sound cuts out for a second then comes back. This happens randomly depending on how long I’m in the car it can happen multiple times on a single drive.

I already know what some some will say and this is completely different cut out sound than when my radio loses reception. It’s like a sharp cut and then comes back

Its really weord and never ever happened on my NX so I was wondering if a known issue or anyone else experience this.
You can try to reinstall or upgrade your firmware. You can find the firmware in the address below. If it still exists after the firmware upgrade then it sounds like a potential frequency interface of some sort. You can disable all bluetooth/wifi etc while you are in the car and give it a shot. These are all the ideas i can think of due to my lack of knowledge. Good luck.

https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/downloads
Old 02-22-18, 09:11 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

well you'll know if its signal loss, since it will say no signal when it cuts out even if its a split second. Is it only satellite radio that cuts out? or does regular radio/ audio jack/ bluetooth cut out as well?
Old 02-22-18, 10:31 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven’t had the problem on my IS. But on my old RX I had to refresh the XM signal a couple times to get it to work correctly.
Old 02-23-18, 08:40 AM
Dunhill421
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good idea I’m going to call xm and ask them to refresh the signal to my radio

it only happens with XM

but one annoying thing with the Bluetooth to my phone is that when I skip tracks sometimes it works and sometimes it takes a while to change to the next track after I hit the skip button.

Also this didnt happen woth my NX and so I’m curious
Old 02-23-18, 09:39 AM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Good idea I’m going to call xm and ask them to refresh the signal to my radio

it only happens with XM

but one annoying thing with the Bluetooth to my phone is that when I skip tracks sometimes it works and sometimes it takes a while to change to the next track after I hit the skip button.

Also this didnt happen woth my NX and so I’m curious
You can do it yourself from the XM website.
Old 09-01-18, 02:08 PM
cybrnaut
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by minhael
You can try to reinstall or upgrade your firmware. You can find the firmware in the address below. If it still exists after the firmware upgrade then it sounds like a potential frequency interface of some sort. You can disable all bluetooth/wifi etc while you are in the car and give it a shot. These are all the ideas i can think of due to my lack of knowledge. Good luck.

https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/downloads
Thanks for this link. I'm having the same issue with my radio in my 2017 RX350, M.L. system with Navigation. But unfortunately the site just says No Updates Available and does not provide you with a FW.
Old 09-01-18, 02:11 PM
cybrnaut
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dunhill421, were you ever able to resolve this issue? I'm having exact same problem . Thanks.