IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New rims for 2014 lexus is350 awd

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-18, 11:59 AM
NateCott31
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rims for 2014 lexus is350 awd

I am looking to get new rims on my Lexus and am concerned about width. I have my eyes on a set of 20 in rims that run 5x114.3 at 20x10.5 all around. Ive seen most people going with a staggered look but wondered if I would be okay with that. I want to avoid any rubbing when I turn. Would these work well or should I go smaller?
Old 06-28-18, 12:23 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by NateCott31
I am looking to get new rims on my Lexus and am concerned about width. I have my eyes on a set of 20 in rims that run 5x114.3 at 20x10.5 all around. Ive seen most people going with a staggered look but wondered if I would be okay with that. I want to avoid any rubbing when I turn. Would these work well or should I go smaller?
Welcome to the forum!
20X10.5 is gonna be a huge fitment for the IS, especially the front. I can't imagine shoehorning a 20X10.5 on the front and it not rubbing everywhere lol!
The rear might fit, but the tire would be the equivalent of putting a rubber band around a Coke can...not much sidewall at all.

From my signature below you'll see I have 20s. The fronts rub ever so slightly at full lock, which isn't a big deal. The rears I have no issues, even with 2 adults and 3 kids in the car. (2 of the kids are pretty like adult size anyways).
With the tires I have, the sidewall is about an inch tall, so yeah, the ride comfort has been impacted slightly.
19 inch is still you best bang for style, comfort, and cost.

Check out the wheels thread to get some ideas. It's a thousand images of just pure wheel **** lol! : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...exclusive.html
The following users liked this post:
NateCott31 (06-28-18)
Old 06-28-18, 03:10 PM
AR_Motorwerkz
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

19's would definitely fit the 3IS without any rub, we actually have Independence Day specials going on this week and next week until July 4th!

Now is the time to pick up some new mods, I'll definitely give you a good discount brotha!

Feel free to contact me whether it's PM, call, text or email

-Nick
Old 06-28-18, 04:57 PM
henrymc8
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Welcome to the forum!
20X10.5 is gonna be a huge fitment for the IS, especially the front. I can't imagine shoehorning a 20X10.5 on the front and it not rubbing everywhere lol!
The rear might fit, but the tire would be the equivalent of putting a rubber band around a Coke can...not much sidewall at all.

From my signature below you'll see I have 20s. The fronts rub ever so slightly at full lock, which isn't a big deal. The rears I have no issues, even with 2 adults and 3 kids in the car. (2 of the kids are pretty like adult size anyways).
With the tires I have, the sidewall is about an inch tall, so yeah, the ride comfort has been impacted slightly.
19 inch is still you best bang for style, comfort, and cost.

Check out the wheels thread to get some ideas. It's a thousand images of just pure wheel **** lol! : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...exclusive.html
Hey Sasnuke, I'm thinking do the square setup with 4 Lexus F Sport Forged PTR45-30103 19” x 9” x 40 with your recommended 235/35/19. Will there be rubbing or will I need spacers? The IS was design with staggered wheels. Is there any difference by going to square setup?
Old 06-28-18, 09:17 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by henrymc8
Hey Sasnuke, I'm thinking do the square setup with 4 Lexus F Sport Forged PTR45-30103 19” x 9” x 40 with your recommended 235/35/19. Will there be rubbing or will I need spacers? The IS was design with staggered wheels. Is there any difference by going to square setup?
The F Sport comes with the staggered wheels, but the rest of the models come with a square setup from factory. So going square isn't going to effect anything really.
Oversteer and understeer will be effected depending on what setup you have, but realistically unless you're tracking the car, I doubt anyone is really driving that hard on the road.

You can run the 235/35/19 all around, which gives you a wide variety of tire choices, and no issues rubbing with that rim/tire setup, especially at stock height.
You could also run a 255/30/19, but the selection is limited and the price is more per tire.
Height-wise the 255 is a tad shorter, but you'll get a wider contact patch with the road.
The 235/35 would definitely be the more comfortable ride of the two.

Love the wheel choice, can't wait the see pics on the car.
A couple members have them, and they look really good.
Old 06-28-18, 10:42 PM
henrymc8
Rookie

Ok thanks alot Sasnuke! Do you or anyone know if the oem Fsport lugnuts will fit on them or have to buy the Fsport lugnut kit PTR27-30010? Also, where to find low cost TPMS Sensors or can I buy used on eBay?
Old 06-29-18, 07:44 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by henrymc8
Ok thanks alot Sasnuke! Do you or anyone know if the oem Fsport lugnuts will fit on them or have to buy the Fsport lugnut kit PTR27-30010? Also, where to find low cost TPMS Sensors or can I buy used on eBay?
The factory F Sport wheels have a shank style seat for the lug nuts, but the Lexus wheels you want to purchase have a conical seat for the lug nuts.
You can use the set of nuts you reference, or really any kind of tuner nut for aftermarket wheels. The Lexus F Sport nuts would be a nice touch though.

As for the sensors, you can buy aftermarket sensors that can be cloned to your current set. So that way you can swap wheels and the vehicle won't know the difference.
If you can find used ones on eBay that are the correct fit for your vehicle, then you can get those too.

Check out these threads:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...m-sensors.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...4826-tpms.html
Old 06-29-18, 06:35 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
The factory F Sport wheels have a shank style seat for the lug nuts, but the Lexus wheels you want to purchase have a conical seat for the lug nuts.
You can use the set of nuts you reference, or really any kind of tuner nut for aftermarket wheels. The Lexus F Sport nuts would be a nice touch though.

As for the sensors, you can buy aftermarket sensors that can be cloned to your current set. So that way you can swap wheels and the vehicle won't know the difference.
If you can find used ones on eBay that are the correct fit for your vehicle, then you can get those too.

Check out these threads:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...m-sensors.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...4826-tpms.html
Sasnuke can this fit our Lexus IS bro ?
Old 06-30-18, 07:25 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Solara350
Sasnuke can this fit our Lexus IS bro ?
LOL! Someone has to photoshop that!