IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Anyone know the part # for this ? Radio bottom edge broken

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-18, 02:23 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Anyone know the part # for this ? Radio bottom edge broken

Today is a nice day in Toronto, was cleaning my car's interior and then this piece of bottom edge fell on my feet, does anyone know the part # , the bottom piece bar i'm sure you can replace? Ya this is the passion of Lexus ! reliable ?

Old 05-20-18, 02:53 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

I just searched everywhere and it looks like you would have to replace the entire thing. Part number I found was 86130-53J80. That’s so random how that happened. Hopefully I’m wrong and you can replace just that piece?
Old 05-20-18, 04:30 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Flash5
I just searched everywhere and it looks like you would have to replace the entire thing. Part number I found was 86130-53J80. That’s so random how that happened. Hopefully I’m wrong and you can replace just that piece?
that bottom cover is removable , it is 1 bar all the way to the right **** , i believe they sell it separate but not 100% sure tho , ill check dealership . For 2 hours now im still thinking why did it break ? How did this happen , i wiped that small gap between the radio and the leather pad part there and i done this for years. What pisses me off is that something happened and i dont know how did it happen. Im not luck with Lexus perhaps they used cheapass materials, ya Thats 50k $ Lexus IS350 Fsport
Old 05-20-18, 04:32 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350

that bottom cover is removable , it is 1 bar all the way to the right **** , i believe they sell it separate but not 100% sure tho , ill check dealership . For 2 hours now im still thinking why did it break ? How did this happen , i wiped that small gap between the radio and the leather pad part there and i done this for years. What pisses me off is that something happened and i dont know how did it happen. Im not luck with Lexus perhaps they used cheapass materials, ya Thats 50k $ Lexus IS350 Fsport
Seems like really bad luck. Definitely call and ask because all I could see what the whole unit assembly.
Old 05-20-18, 05:35 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

I'm pretty sure the faceplate comes with the radio and not sold separately.
Time to hit the scrap yard...but that will be a tough find.
The following users liked this post:
Flash5 (05-20-18)
Old 05-20-18, 06:18 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Flash5

Seems like really bad luck. Definitely call and ask because all I could see what the whole unit assembly.
very bad luck , too many problem so far
Old 05-20-18, 06:21 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
I'm pretty sure the faceplate comes with the radio and not sold separately.
Time to hit the scrap yard...but that will be a tough find.
i see thanks bro , i did a super glue it sticked well but i can see the crack line . Can u give me yours lol :d please if you see anyone sell . Give me a pm , i really dont want the whole unit just because the face cover broke
Old 05-21-18, 10:45 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Faceplate not sold separately, not easily to replace either. The faceplate has it's own circuit board internally and ribbon cable attaching it to inside the main stereo unit. Not a easy swap for someone not familiar with electronics
Old 05-21-18, 12:39 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Just glue it on. I checked eBay and there's a couple for $800. seems like a lot just to fix a cheap piece of plastic you might want the 2014 model though so it matches your hvac controls. i think the 2014 has that black plasticky cheap look where they changed it to the less cheap (still cheap) matte dark gray plastic look in later years.

seriously if it were me, i'd just glue it on best i could. how did that happen anyway?
Old 05-21-18, 06:48 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by specONE
Faceplate not sold separately, not easily to replace either. The faceplate has it's own circuit board internally and ribbon cable attaching it to inside the main stereo unit. Not a easy swap for someone not familiar with electronics
i see, even if they sell the faceplate it hard to replace.
Old 05-21-18, 07:13 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by E46CT
Just glue it on. I checked eBay and there's a couple for $800. seems like a lot just to fix a cheap piece of plastic you might want the 2014 model though so it matches your hvac controls. i think the 2014 has that black plasticky cheap look where they changed it to the less cheap (still cheap) matte dark gray plastic look in later years.

seriously if it were me, i'd just glue it on best i could. how did that happen anyway?
Ya i super glued it for now and get replacement if i have a chance, i saw the Mark Levinson Unit on ebay, i don't know if they work with my car, but you're right its a lot to fix just that plastic. i don't really care much just disappointed from a Car Brand i always thought its the best those guys at the shop probably make fun of me "they told me to buy Mercedes CLS" and i went for Lexus.

how did it happened ? to be honest i don't know how and why it broken, while cleaning my Car's interior and cleaned that part of Radio Unit that piece fell on my feet, i was surprised, i remember when i 1st bought the car, and cleaned this part here i've seen the internal cracked line it did not come off so i thought probably the previous owner nails scratch or some kind of chemical, im really not So Sure.

According to Chris on this forum he's Lexus a employee in my Area, he checked my VIN and said the previous owner had a problem with the Radio Unit before on the complaint list. My Guess, probably some Lexus Dealership somehow accidentally made it internal cracked (Like i said i remember the cracked Line and normal eye cant see because its INSIDE) but it did not fell apart until now, i spent hour to look and test on other side i tried to Pull and Bend and did a hard press on other side to see if the plastic is Cheap and it did not break when i test with same pressure while i was cleaning i pulled other side hard and did not break apart, this is what i can imagine.

in other word, a Luxury car should not be THIS FRAGILE, clean and break its ridiculous, i always talk about Lexus in my Company, my Boss probably laugh whenever i ride him again "they called me Mr Lexus, no more ! i don't mind Mechanic or suspension break down because its normal, in my case this is abnormal .

Thanks for your input guys ! keep in mind if you see any broken or cheap one shoot me a PM

Last edited by Solara350; 05-21-18 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-21-18, 07:14 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
i see, even if they sell the faceplate it hard to replace.
I think specONE is right about the board and ribbon. I would say it's 'challenging', not necessarily hard. Patience and the right tools and it's doable.
Old 05-21-18, 07:46 PM
evltwn
Advanced

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT

I found it for a little cheaper than the ebay route.
https://ahparts.com/buy-used/2015-Le...53T40/195991-1
Old 05-22-18, 06:26 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by evltwn
I found it for a little cheaper than the ebay route.
https://ahparts.com/buy-used/2015-Le...53T40/195991-1
PM me if you see anyone selling just the FACEPLATE or a non-working one, i really don't wanna waste the working radio receiver bro, thanks
Old 05-22-18, 06:27 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
I think specONE is right about the board and ribbon. I would say it's 'challenging', not necessarily hard. Patience and the right tools and it's doable.
i would pay couple hundred dollars if Dealership replace the faceplate bro, really i don't wanna waste the working radio into the garbage bin. Do you think dealer will do it ?

Quick Reply: Anyone know the part # for this ? Radio bottom edge broken