IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Some advice on body shop work bumper gap

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-18, 08:49 PM
ChineseKFC
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Unhappy Some advice on body shop work bumper gap

Hello, I need some advice and thoughts on my car after it was repaired at a local body shop.

I have been going back and forth with this body shop about the repairs after the accidents for maybe a bit over a year now.

They claim that because of the scrapes under my front bumper my alignment of both sides are off.
*they have "tried" their best to getting it to fit but its the scrapes that messed the alignment up

I claim that perhaps the overall frame was not done correctly. Since all attachment points of the bumper is on top and fender.
*parts that were replaced were both fenders passenger and driver side (oem) plus an (oem) front bumper as well
*i was hit from the passenger front fender then my driver side scraped another car
*the car was bought new and has never changed ownership

driver side

passenger side
*it seems like the bumper needs to be pushed back more into the car and the fenders need to be widen out.

thanks for your time
Old 03-11-18, 07:02 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by ChineseKFC
Hello, I need some advice and thoughts on my car after it was repaired at a local body shop.

I have been going back and forth with this body shop about the repairs after the accidents for maybe a bit over a year now.

They claim that because of the scrapes under my front bumper my alignment of both sides are off.
*they have "tried" their best to getting it to fit but its the scrapes that messed the alignment up

I claim that perhaps the overall frame was not done correctly. Since all attachment points of the bumper is on top and fender.
*parts that were replaced were both fenders passenger and driver side (oem) plus an (oem) front bumper as well
*i was hit from the passenger front fender then my driver side scraped another car
*the car was bought new and has never changed ownership

driver side

passenger side
*it seems like the bumper needs to be pushed back more into the car and the fenders need to be widen out.

thanks for your time
Wow you're more sensitive than me my eyes see they done their job fine except one thing, the bumper cliff and the Bolt between Fender to the frame needs a little adjustment, it doesn't matter OEM or AEM once the car is damaged its not gonna be 100% like Factory, except dent repair etc. But if they spend little time it can be done up to 99% , you know the hook to tight the Bolt for the fender with your Headlight ?? tight that thing down, use a small maul and hammer it down a bit to fill the gap out, you can't push the Bumper in , was your car front end collided ? or side ? frame damage ? if Frame damaged, no guaranty, but a Pro Bodyshop should get it done up to 99% back to normal, the Fender can be knocked out a bit.

I think the Headlight also misaligned , Take a close pic Front Left and Right , i like to see please. i'm afraid the Headlights and Bumper need to get down again !
Old 03-12-18, 01:10 AM
ChineseKFC
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Solara350
Wow you're more sensitive than me my eyes see they done their job fine except one thing, the bumper cliff and the Bolt between Fender to the frame needs a little adjustment, it doesn't matter OEM or AEM once the car is damaged its not gonna be 100% like Factory, except dent repair etc. But if they spend little time it can be done up to 99% , you know the hook to tight the Bolt for the fender with your Headlight ?? tight that thing down, use a small maul and hammer it down a bit to fill the gap out, you can't push the Bumper in , was your car front end collided ? or side ? frame damage ? if Frame damaged, no guaranty, but a Pro Bodyshop should get it done up to 99% back to normal, the Fender can be knocked out a bit.

I think the Headlight also misaligned , Take a close pic Front Left and Right , i like to see please. i'm afraid the Headlights and Bumper need to get down again !
I understand that the car will not be 100% factory but in this case it seems it was just done a bit lazy,
i think the issue is the passenger side was not pushed out enough as the bumper seems to bend/ protrude out more.
also my car was front end was hit from the passenger side wheel, i am also not sure if they did any frame work to the car.
drivers side

passenger side

thanks for your thoughts solara350!
Old 03-12-18, 06:51 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by ChineseKFC
I understand that the car will not be 100% factory but in this case it seems it was just done a bit lazy,
i think the issue is the passenger side was not pushed out enough as the bumper seems to bend/ protrude out more.
also my car was front end was hit from the passenger side wheel, i am also not sure if they did any frame work to the car.
drivers side

passenger side

thanks for your thoughts solara350!
Hood lineup good, headlight lineup correctly, except the 2 sides gaps between Hood n Bumper, go back and tell them, don't be lazy, take the headlights off and knock the Fender down a bit, also push up the hood a bit too. This can be done because OEM parts helps a lot for that. you're welcome bro, overall , those guys did a good job ! ask them if frame has been damage.