The following users liked this post:
Caughtupin (10-25-17)
Old 10-24-17, 10:16 PM
IMSCHUR
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 387
Did anyone go to demoday?
Sorta wish someone had - got the notice that pre-order pricing died today (that was fast) and to be honest it was real real hard for me to pull the trigger with absolutely no real world testimonials. Guess if it's awesome I'll catch up later.
Old 10-25-17, 08:56 AM
Caughtupin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schur
Sorta wish someone had
Sorry gents! I didn't make it out to Anaheim that morning. Was originally planning on it, but got stuck on a project in the morning and by the time I could leave the house wasn't sure if I'd make it there in time (45-60 minute commute).

Originally Posted by schur
got the notice that pre-order pricing died today (that was fast) and to be honest it was real real hard for me to pull the trigger with absolutely no real world testimonials. Guess if it's awesome I'll catch up later.
I also received an email notice. However mine said the current pricing was good till the end of the week.

** Anyone local to Anaheim able to stop by and evaluate this setup? You'l be a forum hero
Old 10-25-17, 08:58 AM
plastus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone has a spec sheet or any additional information on this, could you please post it to this thread? Their site doesn't seem to have anything besides a contact form. What is the pricing?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-25-17, 09:02 AM
Caughtupin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plastus
If anyone has a spec sheet or any additional information on this, could you please post it to this thread? Their site doesn't seem to have anything besides a contact form. What is the pricing?

Thanks in advance!
The product page for our vehicles is here: http://oemaudioplus.com/lexus/3is/
Old 10-25-17, 10:50 AM
plastus
Rookie

Originally Posted by Caughtupin
The product page for our vehicles is here: http://oemaudioplus.com/lexus/3is/
Thanks!

I wonder if this is a relatively easy DIY job or if it requires going to an audio shop to get installed.
Old 10-25-17, 11:04 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder if this is a relatively easy DIY job or if it requires going to an audio shop to get installed.
Good question - I've asked a contact at OEM Audio to provide me with a draft of the installation instructions and I'll post them here as soon as (and if) I get them.
Lexcuse (10-28-17)
Old 10-26-17, 03:17 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Previous models on the Tundra and the Subarus, OEM+ audio made youtube videos on how to install their systems, hope they make the same with the 3IS.
Old 10-28-17, 10:22 PM
Lexcuse
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

First time posting here! So I just pulled the trigger on this system too as I feel like the current standard audio in the IS is pretty bad. The OEM audio system is $1,199 for the preorder sale which says it ships as first come first serve next month, plus another 50 bucks for UPS ground shipping. So it's a total of $1,250. I really hope this is worth it, and I have no idea how to install it. I too will post updates right here when I get it!

Last edited by Lexcuse; 10-28-17 at 10:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lexcuse:
LexSense (10-29-17), zhifan1 (11-02-17)
Old 10-30-17, 11:45 PM
Raghza
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Can't wait until someone installs this on a Mark Levinson system and shares some feedback. This could be the best solution to improve the "not-so-impressive-afterall" Mark Levinson sound.
Old 11-18-17, 08:29 AM
Lexcuse
Driver School Candidate

Default Still Waiting

Still waiting for the system to ship. I called OEM Audio up a couple days ago and they told me they were working on an installation video and will ship my system this week...
Old 11-28-17, 09:03 AM
plastus
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexcuse
Still waiting for the system to ship. I called OEM Audio up a couple days ago and they told me they were working on an installation video and will ship my system this week...
Did they ship the system to you yet or provide you with a video for the install?
Old 11-29-17, 06:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Ugh, I am really thinking about this.... even though it may be temporary.

With the high pass filters for the front speakers, it will clean up the mids in the front doors and keep the door panels from rattling, give a little bit more low end with the separate dedicated amp for the sub, keeping everything other than the subwoofer on the factory amp, keeping it from clipping or distorting less at high volumes.

It would be nice if there was a remote subwoofer volume control you could wire and install on a blank plate on the left side lower area of the steering column.

I don't have ML in my car and for this reason, I was leaning towards new speakers up front, a JL TWK-88 and some five channel amp. The improved sub bass is nice, but eventually you miss it and you want mids and highs to keep up with it. I am leaning towards going with this OEM+ upgrade and then upgrading to aftermarket along with modifying the enclosure for a different 8" or even a 10" that has more output and power handling. A subwoofer enclosure of this build quality would be well over a g alone easily if you can find a shop to build something like this suspended from the rear deck.

This seems like a nice setup for the money. Just a public service announcement to anyone getting this; buy some sound deadening material like Dynamat or Hushmat or their equivalent and put some on your rear deck and your front doors to get the most out of it. If my car was ML equipped, I really think I'd go with this and call it a day.
Lexcuse (12-17-17)
Old 11-30-17, 08:02 PM
Lexcuse
Driver School Candidate

Did they ship the system to you yet or provide you with a video for the install?
So I called them yesterday to followup on my order (it's been over a month now) and spoke with Daniel. He said they are having processing delays, but are on their final QC steps before shipping. He also said their video will be up soon. They have nice customer service, but they seem to be a very small operation (probably why they are having delays due to demand).

He also told me that their system will include a dedicated kn0b that you will install at the bottom of the dash to control the subwoofer, and ensured me there is no rattle (i don't have any rattle right now). I have the non-ML system and I feel as if the sound is coming from the very front speakers near the windshield way more than the speakers on the door panels, and he told me their system will fix that. I really want to install this now. I hope they ship it soon. Anyone else in the same boat?

Last edited by Lexcuse; 12-01-17 at 06:26 PM. Reason: they censored kn0b lol
LexSense (12-01-17)
Old 12-02-17, 08:04 PM
Lexcuse
Driver School Candidate

Default It has shipped!

Just got the shipping announcement last night! I’ll install it late next week. No install video yet though...do we really need to add sound deadening materials? I feel like the cabin noise is minimal and the doors sound solid when you close them. I also have no rattles

Quick Reply: OEM Audio - Product Announcement?