IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lease Ending Soon - Lexus or Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-17, 10:48 AM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't driven the new A5, but I have driven the new S4. It's better performance-wise than my IS350 AWD, and I think the interior is built better too. When I was looking at it though, it was significantly more expensive in Canada with the options I wanted.
Old 07-27-17, 05:03 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by mickydoyle
The lease on my 15' IS350 AWD F-Sport is up soon. Absolutely loved this car. Do I get the same car but 17' model OR pick up one of the new 17' Audi A5 Sportbacks? ...
With the Audi do ya get a 6 cylinder? If NO, are you 100% certain you'll be/remain satisfied with a 4 cylinder?

Last edited by LaZeR; 07-27-17 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-27-17, 05:30 PM
mickydoyle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evltwn
Lexus just did a refresh for 2017, so I don't think they'd be changing up the style for another 3 years or so. The 2IS had a mild update in 2011 and they kept that style for 3 years. So I don't think you'd be getting a car a year before a redesign is due. I think your new lease would be up right as the 4IS is being released.
Lexus refreshed the IS, not the RC. I'm happy with the IS updates but am hoping they refresh the 18' RC's with the larger infotainment screen and dump the claws on the rear bumper. If they do that, it's probably the car for me. The interior of the Audi puts a lot of cars to shame, but that 4 cyl might not cut it. Unfortunately I don't have the cash to go ***** to the wall S4/S5. The A4 is out of the question as it's styling is too boring for me. I'll probably test drive the Sportback this week & report back.
Old 07-27-17, 07:03 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

Hi Mickydoyle - I had the same choice to make and was torn between the 2018 S5 sportback versus the 2017 IS 350 AWD (had a 2015 same version) and decided to go LExus and do not regret, its an amazing car!!
Old 07-27-17, 07:22 PM
gianttama
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tried the 17 a4 before got my 16 350. A4 looked nice, interior was nice, feature was nice, tech toys in the a4 was nice too, but with the Technik pkg it was was 12k more than what I paid for my 350 luxury 2 in Canada, didn't quite like how the turbo 4 drove in the a4, it was quite under whelming to be honest. Maybe it was the AWD, didn't quite got the kick I was looking for. The 350 doesnt have the initial kick neither but once I rev it up in 2 and 3 gear, it is pretty satisfying.
Old 07-28-17, 01:51 AM
itsx
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

When I was car shopping a while back, I test drove the A4 and S4, both amazing cars, but my own personal issue with them was where the volume **** was located. I kept hitting it with my elbow somehow, i know, i'm special that way, but that was enough for me to turn away from them.
I suggest sitting in the car and just kinda going through the motions and seeing how convenient or easy it is for you to adjust music, or do other functions with the car. I'm not a big fan of our cup holders, or ease of use for the center console glove box, but I love everything else about my car now.
Old 07-28-17, 08:46 AM
Darqhelmet
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Lexus. I won't touch anything made but VAG.
Old 07-28-17, 12:08 PM
Chedeng88
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was faced with a similar decision when I sold my Mercedes. I really like the styling of the S4 but in the end I went with the Lexus since I'm fed up with the high maintenance costs of German cars.
Old 07-29-17, 06:58 PM
Jay89
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Just remember, German reliability is an oxymoron. I've driven many Audi's, Benz, bmws, vw, and the Lexus really impressed me with fit and finish, quality.
Old 07-29-17, 08:42 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I just returned home after test driving the 2018 S5 Sportback. It had the prestige package, S sport package, Driver assistance, Nappa leather, 19 inch wheels, random other options. Total MSRP 67,750.

All I can say is what an incredible machine. I am coming from a Lexus RCF (5.0 v8), and the S5 shames the RCF in every performance way except maybe from triple digit acceleration. The Salemans actually took me to a back industrial road to test out the performance. The all wheel drive S5 puts the power down with complete efficiency from stop and hits triple digits in a breeze. Only thing i didnt like is slight turbo lag when the gas is depressed from a stop. Next he told me to floor the gas while making a 90 degree turn from stop. I was hesitant at first bc my lady was with me but did it anyways. The turn felt completely planted and smooth. The car never lost any traction with the all wheel drive. The S5 is smooth all around with adaptive dampening suspension and turning radius can be compared to a Miata I rented once. I would say the exterior is better looking than any Lexus model, and im always biased towards my Molten Pearl RCF. The interior is surprisingly roomy with 2 inch leg room to spare in the back (im 5'10 and adjusted the driver seat to my driving position). believe it or not, the A6 is WAY smaller in the back seat. My knees would knee the drivers seat. The infotainment system and navigation controls are years ahead of Lexus' touchpad. I almost pulled the trigger today but decided to call around for better pricing elsewhere.

Most the dealer willing to discount is 6% off MSRP for purchase or lease. With all fees and taxes rolled in on a lease, with 0 down, cap cost 63.690, 6% my tax, .0025 money factor (6%), 12k miles, 36 month, 61% residual... monthly $1016. One payment lease saves about 3600
Old 07-29-17, 08:54 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mickydoyle
The lease on my 15' IS350 AWD F-Sport is up soon. Absolutely loved this car. Do I get the same car but 17' model OR pick up one of the new 17' Audi A5 Sportbacks? I'd love an RC350 but it's due for a refresh and I don't want to get one the model year before a refresh. You can't beat the exterior styling of the IS but the interior/infotainment is outdated.
how much is your lease for the IS?
Old 07-29-17, 10:07 PM
Darqhelmet
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
I just returned home after test driving the 2018 S5 Sportback. It had the prestige package, S sport package, Driver assistance, Nappa leather, 19 inch wheels, random other options. Total MSRP 67,750.

All I can say is what an incredible machine. I am coming from a Lexus RCF (5.0 v8), and the S5 shames the RCF in every performance way except maybe from triple digit acceleration. The Salemans actually took me to a back industrial road to test out the performance. The all wheel drive S5 puts the power down with complete efficiency from stop and hits triple digits in a breeze. Only thing i didnt like is slight turbo lag when the gas is depressed from a stop. Next he told me to floor the gas while making a 90 degree turn from stop. I was hesitant at first bc my lady was with me but did it anyways. The turn felt completely planted and smooth. The car never lost any traction with the all wheel drive. The S5 is smooth all around with adaptive dampening suspension and turning radius can be compared to a Miata I rented once. I would say the exterior is better looking than any Lexus model, and im always biased towards my Molten Pearl RCF. The interior is surprisingly roomy with 2 inch leg room to spare in the back (im 5'10 and adjusted the driver seat to my driving position). believe it or not, the A6 is WAY smaller in the back seat. My knees would knee the drivers seat. The infotainment system and navigation controls are years ahead of Lexus' touchpad. I almost pulled the trigger today but decided to call around for better pricing elsewhere.

Most the dealer willing to discount is 6% off MSRP for purchase or lease. With all fees and taxes rolled in on a lease, with 0 down, cap cost 63.690, 6% my tax, .0025 money factor (6%), 12k miles, 36 month, 61% residual... monthly $1016. One payment lease saves about 3600
You're going to pay 1016 a month to drive an Audi, thats not an R8?
Old 07-29-17, 10:19 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Have to give points just for the cool factor to the lexus all I see on the roads here are Audi mayb 2 times I seen an RCF
Old 07-30-17, 08:41 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Darqhelmet
You're going to pay 1016 a month to drive an Audi, thats not an R8?
thats why i held off. The lease deal is horrible
Old 07-30-17, 08:56 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Audi leases tend to be quite high. The Sportback was just released and in high demand, so discounts are hard to negotiate.

Quick Reply: Lease Ending Soon - Lexus or Audi?