IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

WANTED - Driver Seat Cover for 2015 IS 350 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-17, 01:05 PM
LouisV
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZeR
Well after a while, if you don't care for, and treat your leather car seats regularly, ALL of them will crack.

But, I'm more so referring to the friction and rubbing every time you get in & out of your car. This is my second Lexus.
that is good info

I apply conditioner every week on my driver seat and once a month on the rest as im usually riding solo.

I am really worried about my F sport bolsters ripping open from getting in and out over and over....im pretty fat so that is worrying me as they are already creasing yet maintain the form for now.
Old 06-30-17, 01:18 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

If you learn to leviated in and out of the seat, tearing and ripping won't happen.

But really, I pull myself up before getting out of the seat, and slide in gently w/o touching or hitting the bolsters when getting in.

And cleaning/detailing the interior regularly would make it look nice and new.
Old 06-30-17, 01:24 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by LouisV
... I apply conditioner every week on my driver seat and once a month on the rest as im usually riding solo. ...
That's great you do that ~ keep it up! Just to digress, you know how BIG a GS is and how much more room ya got to get in & out as compared to an IS? If seat depreciation happens so easily on a big GS I hope the same thing doesn't happen on IS!!
Old 06-30-17, 01:29 PM
LouisV
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nathantse
If you learn to leviated in and out of the seat, tearing and ripping won't happen.

But really, I pull myself up before getting out of the seat, and slide in gently w/o touching or hitting the bolsters when getting in.

And cleaning/detailing the interior regularly would make it look nice and new.
haha yea! I finesse myself in and out but its still hard.
Old 06-30-17, 01:30 PM
LouisV
Pit Crew

That's great you do that ~ keep it up! Just to digress, you know how BIG a GS is and how much more room ya got to get in & out as compared to an IS? If seat depreciation happens so easily on a big GS I hope the same thing doesn't happen on IS!!
yea, i am a freak when it comes to cleaning and detailing but I read the products actually destroy the seat and the best thing is just a damp towel to wipe.
Old 06-30-17, 05:32 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by nathantse
... But really, I pull myself up before getting out of the seat, and slide in gently w/o touching or hitting the bolsters when getting in. ...
Do you ALWAYS remember to do that? My problem is, especially when I run in & out which is "almost always" (lol), car seats take a beating, friction, and scratches from belts getting caught, etc...
Old 06-30-17, 09:27 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Do you ALWAYS remember to do that? My problem is, especially when I run in & out which is "almost always" (lol), car seats take a beating, friction, and scratches from belts getting caught, etc...
Yes, I do. Muscle memory now.
Old 06-30-17, 10:16 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I have the same concerns for my seats especially since I already see noticeable wear on the bolsters after only 12k miles but I personally would never put seat covers on. I'd rather just deal with it later if it gets too bad by upholstering or having a shop take care of it.
Old 07-01-17, 07:27 AM
The350Girl
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if you don't care for and/or treat leather car seats regularly, after a while, ALL of them will crack.

I'm more so referring to the friction and rubbing every time you get in & out of your car. Physically I'm NOT huge, in fact I'm relatively athletic, but this is my second Lexus and the seats on the IS 350 F-Sport are too nice!!
Lazer, buy 2 Men Tank Top side L or XL and put it on both of your driver/passenger seats, the tank top yes compatible when airbag deploys, they will looks wild but its save you from leather tears, i just put them on my seats, looks cool. Its the 90s style.

Never had leather tears issue in any car except this Lexus Fsport leather.
Old 07-01-17, 02:05 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by The350Girl
Lazer, buy 2 Men Tank Top side L or XL and put it on both of your driver/passenger seats, the tank top yes compatible when airbag deploys, they will looks wild but its save you from leather tears, i just put them on my seats, looks cool. Its the 90s style.
I already ordered a real one but can you post some pix of yours?

Just to confirm, are you saying the leather in your IS350 got torn?!? DAMN!!
Old 07-01-17, 02:29 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by The350Girl

the 'leather' in your car isn't leather at all, it's a type of vinyl called nuluxe. genuine leather is only available on cars equipped with the luxury package and since yours has the f-sport package it's nuluxe.
Old 07-02-17, 07:39 AM
The350Girl
Driver

I already ordered a real one but can you post some pix of yours?

Just to confirm, are you saying the leather in your IS350 got torn?!? DAMN!!
1st answer : i will take a pic tonight
2nd : yes they are, car is out of warranty Dealer won't do anything, i got this 2014 350 fsport a little bit high Mileage, its 90k KM 55k miles now
Old 07-02-17, 07:41 AM
The350Girl
Driver

Originally Posted by davyjordi
the 'leather' in your car isn't leather at all, it's a type of vinyl called nuluxe. genuine leather is only available on cars equipped with the luxury package and since yours has the f-sport package it's nuluxe.
uh huh dealer told me the same
Old 07-09-17, 08:09 AM
Jcar1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E46CT
Why would one install that? The look is not nice at all. defeats the whole purpose of the car. The stock material of any modern car using vinyl is extremely durable.
Yes I agree they don't look great and I never used a seat cover prior but I could care less what others think about the way it looks. This is my 4th Lexus and the drivers seat leather looked like crap, cracking/ worn out on all of them. I sell my cars privately and guess what the first thing buyers say when they look at the car? Did you turn back your miles, the drivers seat looks beat up. Yes I do treat them and tried several leather conditioners with the same result and no I'm not fat. The scary part is there are already people complaining about worn leather on the 3IS with under 10k miles. At least my other ones started to show ware around 50k-60k so it wouldn't surprise me if Lexus saved money by using lower quality leather on the 3IS.
Old 07-09-17, 08:18 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcar1
Yes I agree they don't look great and I never used a seat cover prior but I could care less what others think about the way it looks. This is my 4th Lexus and the drivers seat leather looked like crap, cracking/ worn out on all of them. I sell my cars privately and guess what the first thing buyers say when they look at the car? Did you turn back your miles, the drivers seat looks beat up. Yes I do treat them and tried several leather conditioners with the same result and no I'm not fat. The scary part is there are already people complaining about worn leather on the 3IS with under 10k miles. At least my other ones started to show ware around 50k-60k so it wouldn't surprise me if Lexus saved money by using lower quality leather on the 3IS.
Most 3ISs don't have leather seating. It's only available on luxury-package equipped cars in the US and those are a bit of a rarity. Most 3ISs have NuLuxe (leatherette). One could take care of both leather and NuLuxe equipped car with something like 303 as NuLuxe is vinyl and the true leather is coated to avoid premature wear and tear.

Quick Reply: WANTED - Driver Seat Cover for 2015 IS 350 F-Sport