IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any problems with the new IS350 models?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-17, 09:45 AM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by goldengame
All the things you've listed and more are available options on the German competitors (+ Jaguar).
then I'll at least feel like I'm paying for premium features

Really? So do you think a $145K car should have .. say memory seats? BMW I8 starts at this price and there are no memory seats, none are available.
Old 06-28-17, 01:24 PM
Bhasina
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello this is my first time using a forum but looking to test drive and purchase an IS 300 F Sport 2017 in few weeks. Was thinking Atomic Silver with red interior or Atomic Silver with black interior but need to see colors at the dealership. Does anyone have these color combos and have any regrets/suggestions. Also where can I find invoice price and how much should I expect to pay for a good deal, wouldn't get navigation/premium sound. I think the only extras I would get are weather mats and lug nuts. Last time I purchased a car was 17 years ago so I've been out of the game, any help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 06-28-17, 01:46 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Why bother about invoice prices since many dealers get their cars below invoice? Go to truecar.com and this will give you an idea what a particular car is selling for in your area. I used this in my negotiation with the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
Bhasina (06-28-17)
Old 06-28-17, 01:47 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Bhasina
Hello this is my first time using a forum but looking to test drive and purchase an IS 300 F Sport 2017 in few weeks. Was thinking Atomic Silver with red interior or Atomic Silver with black interior but need to see colors at the dealership. Does anyone have these color combos and have any regrets/suggestions. Also where can I find invoice price and how much should I expect to pay for a good deal, wouldn't get navigation/premium sound. I think the only extras I would get are weather mats and lug nuts. Last time I purchased a car was 17 years ago so I've been out of the game, any help would be appreciated, thanks
Hi @ Bhasina, I was just recently in the same boat as you, had a GS300 for a long time (still have it), but wanted a 3rd generation IS350, so just recently got a shiny Grey w Red interior, F-Sport, RWD, 18" wheels, Mark Levinson, and Navigation.

IMO you can't go wrong with Silver//Red, however, please make sure you get ALL the features & options you're expecting. In my case missing are: Seat & Driving Position MEMORY Settings, Power Telescopic Steering Wheel Adjustment, Power Folding Side View Mirrors. THANKS!!
Bhasina (06-28-17)
Old 06-28-17, 02:27 PM
dteskmo
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by goldengame
Yeah this really pisses me off about Lexus. Next time I might actually go German because then I'll at least feel like I'm paying for premium features. All the things you've listed and more are available options on the German competitors (+ Jaguar).
It amazes me how often F Sport owners will complain about missing features from their car! I wanted to buy an F Sport for the AVS, variable steering rate, and Sport + mode, but I hated the grill and loved the features that the Executive package (Canada) had (like real leather memory seats, and all the extra safety features), so I went with the package that had most of what I wanted.
Bhasina (06-28-17)
Old 06-28-17, 02:45 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by dteskmo
It amazes me how often F Sport owners will complain about missing features from their car! I wanted to buy an F Sport for the AVS, variable steering rate, and Sport + mode, but I hated the grill and loved the features that the Executive package (Canada) had (like real leather memory seats, and all the extra safety features), so I went with the package that had most of what I wanted.
What are all these features in the Executive package you're referring to and all the extra safety features that are NOT included in the F-Sport other than Seat & Driving Position Memory Settings, and Power Telescopic Steering Wheel Adjustment, (and maybe Power Folding Mirrors)?

I wanted the F-Sport for something similar to an "Ultimate Driving Machine". Thanks!!

Last edited by LaZeR; 06-28-17 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-28-17, 02:48 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZeR
What are all these features in the Executive package you're referring to and all the extra safety features? Thanks!!
In the U.S it is called the Luxury package, which includes mem seats, tele steering wheel, parking assist, real leather. However, you can only pick either Luxury OR Fsport.

For 2017, Lexus Safety + is standard on the IS. (BSM, PCS, LKA, RCTA, DRCC).
Old 06-28-17, 04:09 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

, however, please make sure you get ALL the features & options you're expecting.
AND please make sure you first understand what car comes with what options, options often do not sell a la carte, if you are crazy about F-Sport many options may not be available to you so please - educate yourself first. If you bought F-Sport because this is what you really wanted - stop complaining that you didn't get memory seats or that this is somehow missing. It is getting tiresome.

Last edited by Olasek; 06-28-17 at 04:12 PM.
davyjordi (06-28-17)
Old 06-28-17, 04:25 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by Olasek
... If you bought F-Sport because this is what you really wanted - stop complaining that you didn't get memory seats or that this is somehow missing. It is getting tiresome
NO THANKS ~ we will CONTINUE. Why? Because it's ridiculous. Lexus is conducting an extreme disservice to committed, dedicated, LONG TERM customers, by behaving this way wrt IS models, based solely on Greed and Profit. Many exclusions, or inclusions, are not based on factors or reasoning involving Engineering or Technology, or combinations thereof.

My neighbor has an old BMW and the Side View Mirrors fold in every time he parks right beside me. The replacement cost + labor for ONE complete Side View Mirror assembly from Lexus approaches around ~$1000.

Last edited by LaZeR; 06-28-17 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-28-17, 06:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

NO THANKS ~ we will CONTINUE. Why? Because it's ridiculous. Lexus is conducting an extreme disservice to committed, dedicated, LONG TERM customers, by behaving this way wrt IS models, based solely on Greed and Profit. Many exclusions, or inclusions, are not based on factors or reasoning involving Engineering or Technology, or combinations thereof.

My neighbor has an old BMW and the Side View Mirrors fold in every time he parks right beside me. The replacement cost + labor for ONE complete Side View Mirror assembly from Lexus approaches around ~$1000.
LaZer, officially asking you to drop it; you've had a fair chance to state your complaint. That recent thread went sideways with rude personal comments and was closed with a request not to continue.

Let's please now move forward. If you want to discuss, PM me

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-28-17 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-12-17, 07:19 PM
dizlex
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

(Rolls eyes) I've never had a side mirror damaged ever in my life. You can keep your silly motors and unnecessary weight and complexity.
Old 07-13-17, 02:33 PM
bull34dog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
'16 IS350F, 19k miles.

No major problems. Only thing I found annoying was slight ticking noising when going over bad roads. AND THE PAINT IS SOFT AF. Get a clear bra, <-- regretted that I didn't in the first place.

FYI, you made the right choice going with the atomic silver. I have White/Blk, but it gets dirty so easily. If I were to do it over again, I would had went with atomic silver.
I went the opposite direction - had a 2015 Atomic/Red and went to a 2017 White/Black - and wish I had waited until they had a 2017 Atomic now if I had it to do over again. EVERYONE in Dallas has a white IS F Sport (most are 250/200t though )
Old 07-13-17, 02:39 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by bull34dog
I went the opposite direction - had a 2015 Atomic/Red and went to a 2017 White/Black - and wish I had waited until they had a 2017 Atomic now if I had it to do over again. EVERYONE in Dallas has a white IS F Sport (most are 250/200t though )
Same with my area, almost all the IS LEXUS' on the road is white (& yeah 9/10 is a 250/200t ). Should had got a not so popular color lol.

My first choice was actually SLM, but I was persuaded by my gf and brothers that silver is too basic (my last car was silver).