AWD F sport Exhaust + MIDPIPE

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-17, 06:24 PM
ArmaEdd
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JonHT
Hey man,

I feel like the drone is actually less with the midpipe LOL ,which doesn't make sense, but I love it.
If there are any drone, if would be around the 2-3k rpm mark as was with the F-Sport alone without midpipe.
I'm saying "if there are" because I don't notice it, and I recently installed the AFE Takeda intake, so I guess it drowns the drone out around the same RPM

I almost bit the bullet on the AFE but was worried i wouldn't notice any difference in sound between the stock intake vs AFE with the apexi mid pipe and f sport already on the car. Is it noticeable different from stock intake in sound where the exhaust doesnt drown it out? Also thanks for all the clips brother.
Old 08-03-17, 02:18 PM
JonHT
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default AFE Intake

Originally Posted by ArmaEdd
I almost bit the bullet on the AFE but was worried i wouldn't notice any difference in sound between the stock intake vs AFE with the apexi mid pipe and f sport already on the car. Is it noticeable different from stock intake in sound where the exhaust doesnt drown it out? Also thanks for all the clips brother.
No probs for the clips, still haven't posted the driveby...

There's definitely a huge difference. At around 3.2k rpm, the growl of the intake kicks in, you'll be amazed at how aggressive your 3IS sounds after the mod.
The stock intake did give the IS a nice growl, but you could barely notice the difference outside of the car. Now with the AFE, you notice it both in the interior and exterior of the car. The exhaust is more noticeable at lower RPMs, since the Intake doesn't play a huge role yet... but at higher RPMs or greater acceleration, that's when you'll hear the aggressive growl coming from the engine bay with the AFE.

There's quite a few clips on youtube of before/after AFE intake, you should check it out to see if you like it!
Also, Intake doesn't make any uncomfortable noises, you can still enjoy the comfy Lexus ride when you want.
The following users liked this post:
ArmaEdd (08-03-17)
Old 08-03-17, 08:24 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the AFE I can make a vid tmrw on my way to work will be later at nite tho....No apexi exhaust for me the cargo ship got lost at sea....
ArmaEdd (08-04-17)
Old 08-04-17, 06:30 AM
ArmaEdd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ttsport15
I have the AFE I can make a vid tmrw on my way to work will be later at nite tho....No apexi exhaust for me the cargo ship got lost at sea....
No need brother. I already bought one I'm putting it on later today. Where did you buy the Apexi from? Mine was shipped tuesday from california from Apexi's warehouse of this week and Fedex says I'll have it next week. Maybe they got their axelbacks from outside the US? I thought all of their stuff was made here. Could be wrong.
Old 08-04-17, 08:12 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Angry

No need brother. I already bought one I'm putting it on later today. Where did you buy the Apexi from? Mine was shipped tuesday from california from Apexi's warehouse of this week and Fedex says I'll have it next week. Maybe they got their axelbacks from outside the US? I thought all of their stuff was made here. Could be wrong.
modinjapan...I spoke with apexi direct they told me the same thing I would've already had it by now ..
Old 08-04-17, 09:41 AM
JonHT
Driver

modinjapan...I spoke with apexi direct they told me the same thing I would've already had it by now ..
I also went with ModInJapan, took less than a week.
In Canada BTW, so it should be faster for you guys
ttsport15 (08-04-17)
Old 08-04-17, 10:12 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Just me I guess ....Life story "Checks in the Mail" ....What's the usual cut off period for the lost cargo issue?
Old 08-04-17, 03:56 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

Just me I guess ....Life story "Checks in the Mail" ....What's the usual cut off period for the lost cargo issue?
it is not lost just delayed.
Old 08-04-17, 04:38 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
it is not lost just delayed.
Thank you I'm just a little anxious like a kid on xmas morn...
Old 08-04-17, 05:17 PM
ArmaEdd
Driver School Candidate

Just put the AFE Intake on and drove for the first time today HOLY JESUS! Honestly for $380 it can't be beat that F1 style noise from the intake is aural cocaine I cannot get enough of it. Only took me an hour to install because I didn't read the directions but it was easy enough and everything fit great. Can't wait for the midpipe wednesday. Also ModinJapan sold me my apexi for a great price and shipped out really fast. I'm sure if it was under his control it'd already be on your car.
JNP1227 (11-23-17)
Old 08-04-17, 06:05 PM
JonHT
Driver

Just put the AFE Intake on and drove for the first time today HOLY JESUS! Honestly for $380 it can't be beat that F1 style noise from the intake is aural cocaine I cannot get enough of it. Only took me an hour to install because I didn't read the directions but it was easy enough and everything fit great. Can't wait for the midpipe wednesday. Also ModinJapan sold me my apexi for a great price and shipped out really fast. I'm sure if it was under his control it'd already be on your car.
Can't agree more, you'll def LOVE IT MORE with the Apexi man.
Check my thread too, make sure they don't force the midpipe in.
I had some difficulties with the original hangers coming down from the car body itself, they started to hit the F Sport mufflers and create a very uncomfortable noise. Had to bend the hangers up so that the noise would go away.
While they install,look at the mufflers and look for the black hangers from the car body
Old 08-04-17, 07:15 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

I ordered the axel back not the mid pipe that's were the confusion was ...
Old 08-06-17, 06:04 PM
Jaddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone has the apexi midpipe paired with the joe z axleback or f sport axleback im looking for a drive by video, if anyone can record one it would be great! Still deciding which midpipe.

Thank you in advance!
Old 08-10-17, 12:40 PM
ArmaEdd
Driver School Candidate

Installed the APEXI AWD Midpipe with my f-sport exhaust and AEM intake. Its nice and deep I absolutely love it at low RPM's and the engine screams at mid to high RPM. I'll try to get a driveby clip this weekend. It is pretty loud when you get on it and the drone from the f-sport exhaust I had previously from 1.5k to 2.5k RPM ~ 72-77 mph is less noticeable. Very aggressive sounds coming from this is350 f sport now.
Old 08-10-17, 12:42 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

can't wait to install mine next week

Quick Reply: AWD F sport Exhaust + MIDPIPE