AWD F sport Exhaust + MIDPIPE

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-17, 02:09 PM
JonHT
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TJR14IS350
Thanks. Let us know what the noise is. Could it possibly be rubbing that cross brace that has to be removed to install the exhaust?
We did think it was that at first, as the Apex-I fits JUST A BIT lower than the OEM midpipe.
However, we found out that the problem was around the hangers, more precisely the black rod coming from the car's body which holds the top portion of the hanger. That rod was actually banging on the F-sport muffler.
The F-sport had to be moved upwards during installation, which made it closer to the rod and consequently rubbed/knocked during rides.

Don't worry, this may not happen to you as custom exhausts are 99-100% fit.
Overall, hella satisfied (didn't have the chance to record a proper clip yet)

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
Enjoy, but I don't believe the F Sport axle back is louder than the Ark axle back no matter what mid pipe
Hey man, mehh maybe it's my bad! Let's say it's pretty loud!
Old 07-15-17, 03:15 PM
TJR14IS350
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I will be pairing the apexi mid pipe up with my Stillen axle back. So far I don't know anybody that has done that. We shall see what it sounds like.
The following users liked this post:
IreneIS350 (07-24-17)
Old 07-16-17, 06:06 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Waiting patiently for a sound clip!
Old 07-16-17, 10:26 AM
JonHT
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default F-Sport + Apexi midpipe (before and after) Cold starts

F-Sport wtih Apexi midpipe

These are startups only, will do rev and pass-by later.

F-Sport axleback alone

Originally Posted by otakusan
I'm also interested in what the Apex-i mid pipe will do. I currently have Rowen axle back and it's maybe 5% louder than stock...
Originally Posted by ArmaEdd
Hijacking/Bumping this thread. I have an F-sport exhaust on my is350 AWD and am looking for a midpipe. Any recommendations? I do not want rasp or excessive drone does any one have clips or has experience of what this combination would sound like? Fsport axelback + PTS or JoeZ or Apex-i?
Thanks. Let us know what the noise is. Could it possibly be rubbing that cross brace that has to be removed to install the exhaust?
I will be pairing the apexi mid pipe up with my Stillen axle back. So far I don't know anybody that has done that. We shall see what it sounds like.
Originally Posted by Ciggy
Waiting patiently for a sound clip!
The following 2 users liked this post by JonHT:
ArmaEdd (07-17-17), ModInJapan (07-17-17)
Old 07-17-17, 10:19 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

thank you JON for the vids. Midpipe vid sounds amazing
Old 07-18-17, 07:33 AM
ryanwongg
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

following. Thanks Jon for the clip! looking forward to a drive by and rev comparison
Old 07-21-17, 05:23 PM
TJR14IS350
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I know I don't have an f sport exhaust but anyway here's what the apexi midpipes and Stillen axle back sound like.
The following users liked this post:
IreneIS350 (07-24-17)
Old 07-22-17, 11:42 PM
minhael
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I know I don't have an f sport exhaust but anyway here's what the apexi midpipes and Stillen axle back sound like. https://youtu.be/1ubAC7ylckM
It sounds awesome man. I got invidia axel and going to wait for them to produce their midpipe for AWD Lex.
Old 07-24-17, 04:37 PM
IreneIS350
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know I don't have an f sport exhaust but anyway here's what the apexi midpipes and Stillen axle back sound like. https://youtu.be/1ubAC7ylckM
Sounds incredible!!! I'm sure this has to be one of the loudest set-ups available!!
Old 07-24-17, 04:39 PM
IreneIS350
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

BTW, how much does the Apexi mid pipe go for?
Old 07-24-17, 08:22 PM
ArmaEdd
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IreneIS350
BTW, how much does the Apexi mid pipe go for?
I've seen them around 950-1000 not cheap probably better off going the Ark exhaust route when you spending that much. I may just get the Tsudo midpipe altered to fit the AWD at a exhaust shop since I already have the f-sport.
Old 07-24-17, 08:30 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I've seen them around 950-1000 not cheap probably better off going the Ark exhaust route when you spending that much. I may just get the Tsudo midpipe altered to fit the AWD at a exhaust shop since I already have the f-sport.
This FSport exhaust every one is referring to is it what Comes from the factory on an FSport?Sorry if it's a dumb Q but I have noticed people with FSport saying they were going to get that exhaust
Old 07-24-17, 08:38 PM
ArmaEdd
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ttsport15
This FSport exhaust every one is referring to is it what Comes from the factory on an FSport?Sorry if it's a dumb Q but I have noticed people with FSport saying they were going to get that exhaust
The f-sport axle back exhaust it is not the stock exhaust its a factory accessory. Its not a loud exhaust by any means but its build quality it pretty awesome. Theres two versions for the 14-16 model years and also pretty expensive for what it is. I got mine for 1200 and installed it myself. I love its aesthetics but it could be louder.
Old 07-24-17, 08:44 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

The f-sport axle back exhaust it is not the stock exhaust its a factory accessory. Its not a loud exhaust by any means but its build quality it pretty awesome. Theres two versions for the 14-16 model years and also pretty expensive for what it is. I got mine for 1200 and installed it myself. I love its aesthetics but it could be louder.
I love the sound of my exhaust when I get on it little quiet at idle I ordered the new apex quad tip axel back from mod in Japan so we'll see in a few weeks how that sounds...
Old 07-25-17, 06:59 AM
ryanwongg
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you go the Tsudo midpipe + FSport axle back route, please update with a sound clip! It would probably be the first uploaded sound clip so it would help so many! I'm patiently waiting for a used tsudo mid to pair with my f-sport axle back. Will reach out if I install before you.

Agree with this post. It adds a nice tone and noticeably louder than stock but not "loud" by any means. I'm hoping a Tsudo midpipe will wake it up a little.

Quick Reply: AWD F sport Exhaust + MIDPIPE