sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Someone hit my car and tried to run away

Old 12-11-16, 08:42 AM
metrik
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smdh that's so dirty. When you say tried to run away, did you get their info? Sorry man
Old 12-11-16, 08:55 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

what part of san diego did this happen in? / what part of san diego are you from? i live in de luz temecula.
Old 12-11-16, 08:56 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

Luckily, when i ran down the street to look for him, i found him stopping at a redlight. He drove back since he knew that i got his license plate.
Old 12-11-16, 09:03 AM
wnguyen350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least you tracked him down
Old 12-11-16, 09:14 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

should be able to buff most of that out, and pop that dent out, couldve been a LOT worse
Old 12-11-16, 10:02 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
That sucks, people can suck sometimes as there are many posts about hit and runs (attempted in your case). Great job chasing the other driver down. Transfer looks like it may buff out with some waxing or compound. Can't tell if there's sheet metal damage. Did the other driver accept fault? Did you work out how the damage will be corrected with other driver and who will pay? If you anticipate going through insurance (if there is sheet metal damage), if you haven't already, I would recommend filing a police report due to the other driver attempting to run. I'm sure they will claim they did not know they hit your car. Just a CYA kinda guy and in this case, even if they've accepted fault to you after you chased them down, they could very well change their story when and if you go through insurance to fix dent (if there is one). Good luck.
i got his driver license and insurance. I then called his insurance to file a claim. Later on I called San Diego police department to file a report about he attempted to hit and run, but they said since I got the guy info I should call their insurance. I'm now waiting for the guy insurance to call me.
Old 12-11-16, 10:03 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

It's was on university ave near downtown SD
Old 12-11-16, 10:09 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

I know from experience that SD police ain't gonna do anything in a situation like that. They are so nonchalant about vehicle damage it's laughable.

I'd take it to the most expensive place I could find to fix that damage to ream the guy In San Diego, Amatos makes the insurance companies cry for mercy
The following 2 users liked this post by EZZ:
BlkFSport (12-13-16), zhifan1 (12-29-16)
Old 12-11-16, 10:11 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by sandiegoer
It's was on university ave near downtown SD
ah, san diego proper. hillcrest area? anyhow, i hope that it gets sorted out soon.
Old 12-11-16, 10:25 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Hope it gets fixed spanking new.

Off topic, you got a very nice looking lip. Mind sharing the brand and where you got it?
Old 12-11-16, 10:33 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

Originally Posted by EZZ
I know from experience that SD police ain't gonna do anything in a situation like that. They are so nonchalant about vehicle damage it's laughable.

I'd take it to the most expensive place I could find to fix that damage to ream the guy In San Diego, Amatos makes the insurance companies cry for mercy
yeah my friend told me about Amatos. I'll go there on Monday
Old 12-11-16, 10:40 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

Originally Posted by nathantse
Hope it gets fixed spanking new.

Off topic, you got a very nice looking lip. Mind sharing the brand and where you got it?
its from seibon
Old 12-11-16, 10:51 AM
sandiegoer
Driver

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Sounds like you've done all you can do at this point. As damage doesn't look bad this shouldn't be a big deal, just make sure you're clear with his insurance who is at fault, as I've had people on-scene fully cooperate and take blame, then when their insurance co gets involved the story has changed. If your car was parked (as I assume) then it's a no-brainer. Did the other driver realize they had hit your car? Curious what their reaction was when you chased them down.
yes, my car was park and I'm away from the car. One of the witness ran to me and told me my car was hit. The guy knew he hit my car since it's made really loud noise, and he tried to take of as fast as possible. Luckily, the light was red so caught up to him on feet and told him I got his license plate. He freak out and said he will drive back. His face expression shows that he knew he fcked hahaha
Old 12-12-16, 07:00 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

So now I got into the insurance loop hole. When I made the claim thru their insurance company, the claim adjuster told me that the guy don't answer the phone. Which is what people commonly do, and the adjuster can't do anything until the guy answer the phone. Now I have to file a small claim to maybe get my money.

Quick Reply: Someone hit my car and tried to run away