IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Homelink in my IS200T won't work on my townhome community gate

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-16, 03:34 PM
scherer326
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink in my IS200T won't work on my townhome community gate

I am trying to get Homelink in my car to work on my townhome community gate but am having no luck. If someone has been able to get it to work can you please post your exact steps. I even went on the Homelink website and tried their steps with no luck. Please assist, thank you.

Various Steps tried with no luck:
- Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired HomeLink button and the gate operator handheld transmitter button. Continue to press and hold the HomeLink button while you press and re-press ("cycle") your handheld transmitter every two seconds until the frequency signal has been learned.

And also

- Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired HomeLink button and hand held transmitter button. DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapid flashing indicates successful training.)
Old 07-09-16, 04:27 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If it's rolling code, you wouldn't be able to learn it off the handheld transmitter since the rolling code is tied to that particular transmitter to the opener.

You would need to get it learned from the actual gate opener itself as if were a regular garage door opener with rolling code if I am correct.

Edit:

I find that the Homelink instructions are not quite correct or accurate. I found that out when following the instructions which said, learn something along the lines of getting it off the remote for rolling code which it definitely did not work. Used the learn button from the garage door opener and it work perfectly.

Last edited by Sango; 07-09-16 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-10-16, 05:13 PM
manchild
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
If it's rolling code, you wouldn't be able to learn it off the handheld transmitter since the rolling code is tied to that particular transmitter to the opener.

You would need to get it learned from the actual gate opener itself as if were a regular garage door opener with rolling code if I am correct.

Edit:

I find that the Homelink instructions are not quite correct or accurate. I found that out when following the instructions which said, learn something along the lines of getting it off the remote for rolling code which it definitely did not work. Used the learn button from the garage door opener and it work perfectly.
I can confirm this. I had to use the learn button on the gate for my home link. Just ask the security guard to push the button for you then just follow the step outlined in the manual.
Old 07-10-16, 05:19 PM
scherer326
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by manchild
I can confirm this. I had to use the learn button on the gate for my home link. Just ask the security guard to push the button for you then just follow the step outlined in the manual.
unfortunately there is no security at my townhome community gate so there is no one to ask. I will try to see if I can look at the the gate area that raises the arm to see if I can see a learn button.
Old 07-11-16, 12:44 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scherer326
unfortunately there is no security at my townhome community gate so there is no one to ask. I will try to see if I can look at the the gate area that raises the arm to see if I can see a learn button.
The button should be around there or at the motor. Since it is a community gate, the button may not be accessible as it maybe in some kind of enclosure for security reasons.

Try to find the person or company which manages the particular gate because they would most likely be your best resource.