Lexus Dealer's F Performance/Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-16, 10:50 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Lexus Dealer's F Performance/Accessories

Hey Guys,

Does any one have any prior experience or knowledge of the Lexus Dealer's F performance exhausts & intake?

How much "better" or "fun" does it make a currently stocked IS350 F Sport? And, how much do they cost ? (I live in California if that helps with cost)

About the Lexus Dealer's Paint Protection Film.. are they any good? I got a white car, and I feel like rock chips will definitely show.. it cost $429 according to the official Lexus website. But, I don't know if that quality is up to par with outside body shops. (I was quoted $800 for bumper/hood)

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
Old 04-02-16, 08:23 AM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Look it up on eBay.

The Fsport exhaust sounds amazing. I'm not into the raspy bubble bee exhaust sound of the other aftermarket exhausts for the IS. The Fsport sounds the best IMO.
Old 04-02-16, 09:05 AM
k3vn
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
Hey Guys,

Does any one have any prior experience or knowledge of the Lexus Dealer's F performance exhausts & intake?

How much "better" or "fun" does it make a currently stocked IS350 F Sport? And, how much do they cost ? (I live in California if that helps with cost)

About the Lexus Dealer's Paint Protection Film.. are they any good? I got a white car, and I feel like rock chips will definitely show.. it cost $429 according to the official Lexus website. But, I don't know if that quality is up to par with outside body shops. (I was quoted $800 for bumper/hood)

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
The film is dealer installed so quality will always vary. I imagine many would hire an outside contractor to do it. Ask the local shop if they use a template... These will have larger gaps than if it is 100% custom. The dealer option will for sure have noticeable gaps at the edges though this might not be a deal breaker to you.

You can always buy a template cut kit from eBay and do it yourself though your results may disappoint... The pros say it's harder than it looks but I'm tempted to find out for myself.
Old 04-02-16, 11:31 AM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Do a search on the forum for these.

I have the F Sport performance exhaust and I love it. Though there are louder ones out there, it suits my taste. It adds a sound to the car in the way that the stock exhaust didn't. Pricey, but I recommend it. I've seen prices for it, new, from $1100+. Check eBay, as mentioned above, or, the classifieds.

Check this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...t-exhaust.html

As for the intake, the price is about $300+. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ke-or-not.html

As for the Lexus Dealer Paint Protection Film, I had checked it out before I decided to go the offsite film installer route. Not many dealerships knew about it nor offered it. The fifth dealership I called offered it but it was far away. I don't know about the quality of their film. Ask what they use. Like I said in the NorCal clear bra thread, the custom made film will cost more and is preferred over pre-cut. It depends on what you're looking for.
Old 04-02-16, 02:09 PM
listairee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
You can get it but never let the dealer apply anything. I did it on my previous car and regretted it. You can get a better application (and deal) using an offsite installer.
Old 04-02-16, 11:21 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm crossing off the Dealer's "clear bra" off the list, cost about $900.. could get it done cheaper elsewhere.

For the F-exhaust.. it seems pricey, but how does it compare with the Joe Z?

I can live with or without the intake, the previous thread gave mixed reviews, so its mehhhh.
Old 04-04-16, 10:04 AM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

I would not get the dealer clear bra...assuming it's the same thing as the port-installed factory option clear bra, which I got.

I opted for the factory installed clear bra (half hood, rear door corners) and it has an ugly yellow tint. I have a white car, so it's quite obvious.

I went to an aftermarket clear bra installer to get other parts of my car covered and I asked him why the factory clear bra was yellow...he said it's because OEM's tend to use older generations of clear bra that aren't as good and aren't clear. The Xpel clear bra I had installed in the aftermarket was perfectly clear so eventually I will rip off the factory clear bra (which was $$$) and install aftermarket in it's place.

For the price that I paid for the factory clear bra, which barely covers anything, I got Xpel on my entire front end covered (bumper, fogs, DRLs, headlights), mirrors and under the handles.

...go aftermarket...Xpel or 3M at a local installer and they'll have the latest materials.