IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

ALL FIT- Lip Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-15, 11:32 AM
phoenix888
Driver

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts
Default ALL FIT- Lip Help

I just purchased and installed your Product last week, and installed Sunday. Below are Pics of the installation, and the finished product. I am SUPER happy with the look, fit, and style. BUT... Not so happy with the end result.

After thoroughly researching your Product, installation, and YouTube, I meticulously cleaned the entire application area with Rubbing Alcohol, allowed to try and then applied as directed to ensure proper Adhesion. But, Monday Morning (very next day) I came out to the lip on the ground.... Very disappointed to say the least. I had a lot of high hopes after seeing all the positive reviews, but this was not something I was expecting. There was some unexpected rainfall that night after installation, but isn't this lip MADE for that? I thought this could withstand Car Washes, and high speed driving. So to fall off after 1 nights rain has me re-thinking this whole purchase, and the quality of the product itself. I didn't want to use the Self Tapping Screws because many others have NOT and experienced nothing but a great product. Any body have any suggestions>?

ALLFIT! I've seen you respond back to many posts and offer amazing customer service so please let me know how we can resolve this. I was loving the product the 1st 6 Hours it was on, but need some Help and Support with where we stand now...

Old 12-15-15, 01:55 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi. Did you use the screws that came with the lip as well? The adhesive should hold so I don't know why it didn't stay on the car but the screws are there for added support. I have had their lip on 2 cars and side skirts on my current car and have had no issues but I also used the screws. Definitely contact All-Fit about this issue.
Old 12-15-15, 03:46 PM
ichobu
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i installed mine no problem. I didnt even use the screws for 2 weeks before fastening them down on the ends.

The adhesive tape should be strong enough to stick without falling off. Did you wash the underside of the car, dry off, then use the alcohol wipes?
Old 12-15-15, 05:04 PM
phoenix888
Driver

Originally Posted by ichobu
i installed mine no problem. I didnt even use the screws for 2 weeks before fastening them down on the ends.

The adhesive tape should be strong enough to stick without falling off. Did you wash the underside of the car, dry off, then use the alcohol wipes?
Car was washed the Day Before... Prior to installation I cleaned the entire underside with Alcohol to remove any last bit of dirt/grime for a clean stick.

I just sent them a message directly on their site, so should have a resolution soon...
Old 12-15-15, 05:45 PM
steveo55
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crazy that it fell off. Its good product mine lasted like 7 months. The all fit person is on these forums you should look him up and message him. Do you think a jealous neighbor saw you installing it got jealous and yanked it off. Just saying
Old 12-15-15, 05:53 PM
Northevo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that anyone asked for it but I'll give my opinion. That all fit lip kit stuff is ****ed. I may have put that on my 1990 civic hatch when I was 17, but not now. Take it off and toss it dude, save up for a nice legit kit.
Old 12-15-15, 08:36 PM
LINSTEFAN
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you use a hair dryer or a heat gun to heat up the adhesive before applying it to the car? If all you did was apply it straight to the car without heating it, of course it wouldn't bound correctly resulting it to fall off.
Old 12-15-15, 09:06 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i'm gonna have to go with user error
Old 12-16-15, 01:52 AM
janterry15
Rookie

the allfit sticky tape sucks. Parts of mine came off too. Some parts of the tape actually split in half for mine. Half was stuck on the car, half was on the lip. Kinda like a tie in a Oreo cookie challenge.
My solution was I put my own double side tape found at lowes or Home Depot. The strongest one you can find there!

Last edited by janterry15; 12-16-15 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-16-15, 08:40 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Northevo
Not that anyone asked for it but I'll give my opinion. That all fit lip kit stuff is ****ed. I may have put that on my 1990 civic hatch when I was 17, but not now. Take it off and toss it dude, save up for a nice legit kit.
I'll have to agree with you
Old 12-16-15, 09:58 AM
phoenix888
Driver

Originally Posted by steveo55
Crazy that it fell off. Its good product mine lasted like 7 months. The all fit person is on these forums you should look him up and message him. Do you think a jealous neighbor saw you installing it got jealous and yanked it off. Just saying
HAHA... The thought did cross my mind

If I posted this as a thread, opinions are welcome. Very valid point, this was just a $50 Lip that I could care less about as I researched the other lips/diffusers I've been seeing posted on here.

Originally Posted by LINSTEFAN
Did you use a hair dryer or a heat gun to heat up the adhesive before applying it to the car? If all you did was apply it straight to the car without heating it, of course it wouldn't bound correctly resulting it to fall off.
Originally Posted by tea
i'm gonna have to go with user error
I think you two hit the nail on the head. I live in South OC, so during the day it's gorgeous and Sunny. Figured it was warm enough and just went at it. It was warm enough to Plasti Dip the Emlems and have clean spray. But at evening and night, we remember it's winter. So during the day during the install everything was pliable and worked great. I finished when the sun was setting, so it was already cold... this may have had a big piece to play

Originally Posted by janterry15
the allfit sticky tape sucks. Parts of mine came off too. Some parts of the tape actually split in half for mine. Half was stuck on the car, half was on the lip. Kinda like a tie in a Oreo cookie challenge.
My solution was I put my own double side tape found at lowes or Home Depot. The strongest one you can find there!
I might just go to Lowe's and do the same thing. This way, no $$$ Wasted, bumper protected while I research something nicer with more style in the future as Nortevo stated
Old 12-16-15, 10:07 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you're confusing All-Fit and EZ Lip... 2 different kinds of material. I have had both and the difference is insane. My EZ lip ripped even with screws on and both of my All-Fit lips have stay on with no issues.
Old 12-17-15, 11:43 AM
ichobu
Rookie

When i installed my lip it was on a cold day and i didnt heat up the bumper. I scrape on everything after my RSR downs were installed. Thats why I went the EZ lip route I doubt i will ever get a front CF lip.

I installed mine on the very edge of the bumper and lined it up with every curve of the bumper.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...350-uw-rr.html
Old 12-18-15, 08:29 AM
phoenix888
Driver

Originally Posted by ichobu
When i installed my lip it was on a cold day and i didnt heat up the bumper. I scrape on everything after my RSR downs were installed. Thats why I went the EZ lip route I doubt i will ever get a front CF lip.

I installed mine on the very edge of the bumper and lined it up with every curve of the bumper.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...350-uw-rr.html
That's my hesitation on Springs...
I really dig the aggressive stance when it's lowered, but how much of a pain is it to drive on a daily basis?

If its just dealing with Speed Bumps and Driveways, no big deal, but hpw is the Street and Highway driving?
Old 12-19-15, 09:32 PM
ichobu
Rookie

As long as you angle driveways and dips you will be fine.