IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Question RE: Transport

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-15, 12:18 AM
nocxx2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question RE: Transport

I wish to get my IS350 delivered to Edmonton from Toronto.
Any of you guys have experience with transporting their cars?
- Preferences, suggestions about shipping companies.
- Suggestions, advice about safety precautions.
Old 09-13-15, 01:28 AM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought the car from Longo Lexus, they saw they offered to deliver the car to anyone that buys a car from them. Check with the dealer to see if they deliver. I think it should be free if you are going to spend $$$ at the dealership.
Old 09-13-15, 01:36 AM
knG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently transported my IS250 F Sport from Texas to California for $950 insured, open carrier.

You can follow this website for transportation reviews for each company
http://www.transportreviews.com/

Bottom line is, every person or company you will be calling for a quote is just a broker who in turn puts your listing onto a Freight Harbor List which is accessed by transportation drivers statewide (Of course I don't know if it's like that in Canada). So if one broker is willing to give you what seems like a lower quote, you would just be listed close to the bottom of the list when the drivers access it. The drivers are just looking to pick up the cars that give the most pay, so the higher quote. So get a couple quotes and find an even ground but if you pick a reputable company from the link I provided you then your broker should be knowledgeable enough to put your listing for a price both you, and the driver would be willing to accept. Basically, the lower the quote the less likely, slower your car will be picked up and transported to your desired location. So what some brokers do is that they reel you in with a low quote but your car might never even get picked up and you have to resort to a cancellation fee AND a waste of your time. The price will also be higher or lower depending on if you want a closed or open carrier. If you do use an open carrier make sure the driver knows it a new car and puts it on the top to avoid anything dripping onto it as well as hitting it. I got mine shipped via open carrier and the driver came to pick up my car last and he had to unload every other single car just to load mine up on the top. It took him about 3 hours...

If you find a good broker, you'll have an easy time finding transportation in your price range and desired window for the arrival date.

Originally Posted by Stevent
When I bought the car from Longo Lexus, they saw they offered to deliver the car to anyone that buys a car from them. Check with the dealer to see if they deliver. I think it should be free if you are going to spend $$$ at the dealership.
It was not free at my dealership , they were going to charge me $1300 to transport the car.