IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Dealer Spoiler Install Fail

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-15, 01:09 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by steveim86
i understand your frustration. When I got my is350 about a month ago, i found a dent on the body and deep scratch (2 days after the purchase) on the moonroof. dealer denied seeing any damage. They eventually agree to fix the dent but not the moonroof issue. Today I found my visor plastic cover is cracked, and the sales man said thats something he cant replace.

He said thats something you dont see unless you pull down the visor. Its no big deal kinda ****. Now I spent $40 ordering the cover.

Dont go to Tustin Lexus in Socal. Worst customer service.
Wow! That is a terrible dealership.. I would expect more satisfaction than that even if I bought from a Second Hand Lot in the bad part of town.
Old 09-11-15, 02:14 PM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glashub
Stevant, when I bought my IS from Longo in 2013 the right seat made a noise. They wanted me to leave my car for a week so Lexus techs could investigate if it was a production issue. I raised hell. I sent an email to the GM -- I went into see him. I emailed Lexus and spoke to a rep. I hammered home the same message again and again. My time is valuable -- I deserve a "make good". I asked what are you going to do to make this right for me?

They sent a $770 check. They based the amount on what a 1st payment would be if I'd financed. Good luck. You life is valuable. You only have so many hours in a day and in a life. You've wasted several of them -- you deserve a make good.

PS - They fixed the seat while I waited too. Go make some noise. What are they going to do -- not take your money if you want to buy another Lexus some day?
So I was suppose to pick up the car on Thursday...but they called to tell me that they needed to keep the car a few extra day because it was still not perfect and that it would be ready this Saturday. Considering how long I already waited...I said fine but I decided to show up at the dealer to make sure they are really fixing the spoiler/trunk lid and not trying to cover up something else they messed up.

The car was fine but the "supervisor" there was a total jerk. The whole 10-15 minutes I was there with him, he kept reminding me that I was being "picky" with my installation and implied that it was MY responsibility to insure that the spoiler the DEALER ORDERED was in good in condition before they put holes into my car. I am thinking WOW.....shouldnt that be THEIR JOB?! So how do they explain the actual damage they did to my trunk lid? Am I suppose to drill the holes myself so they don't mess it up? I was so angry yesterday. I gave Lexus Corp and waiting for them to call me back. I talked to the guest relations at the dealership. The only thing she said was she could offer me two service certificate on them.....like I would ever trust them with my car again. I wasn't even asking for compensation...when I made my complaint....but now I want a real compensation.

I am going to request a check just like you, Glashub.
Old 09-11-15, 09:22 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevent
The car was fine but the "supervisor" there was a total jerk. The whole 10-15 minutes I was there with him, he kept reminding me that I was being "picky" with my installation and implied that it was MY responsibility to insure that the spoiler the DEALER ORDERED was in good in condition before they put holes into my car. I am thinking WOW.....shouldnt that be THEIR JOB?! So how do they explain the actual damage they did to my trunk lid? Am I suppose to drill the holes myself so they don't mess it up? I was so angry yesterday. I gave Lexus Corp and waiting for them to call me back. I talked to the guest relations at the dealership. The only thing she said was she could offer me two service certificate on them.....like I would ever trust them with my car again. I wasn't even asking for compensation...when I made my complaint....but now I want a real compensation.

I am going to request a check just like you, Glashub.
Is there someone above that supervisor? If there is, I would get in touch with them including the owner of the dealership itself.
Old 09-11-15, 09:43 PM
Stevent
Driver

Originally Posted by Sango
Is there someone above that supervisor? If there is, I would get in touch with them including the owner of the dealership itself.
Yea I talked to the higher person in the Service Department. I emailed the president of longo. Waiting on word.
Old 09-12-15, 09:42 PM
Stevent
Driver

So I picked up the car today..... surprise suprise suprise.... The supposedly new paint job on my trunk looks like they just put touch up paint in my car and they did a terrible job at it too. Top of it they got residual from the paint in my trunk. The interior of my car has a really strong paint smell. I assume the correct way to paint my deck lid would be to remove it and paint it not paint it while it's on the car.

Definitely requesting a new car. I paid good money to buy a NEW car for a NEW car experience not to drive around a damaged car. I would have bought a used car if it was like that.

Old 09-13-15, 04:55 AM
mello03
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

What a ****ing joke. Time to go to the general manager at the very least. I would have been hunting him down already though. Good luck man. The incompetence of some of these service departments/dealerships is incredible.
Old 09-14-15, 02:39 PM
Stevent
Driver

Due to paint smell they are replacing my car. They just have to find one. Any one know the procedure for this so they don't try to pull a fast one on me?

Last edited by Stevent; 09-14-15 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-14-15, 04:36 PM
new2jdm
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would lawyer up
Old 10-08-15, 06:57 AM
Stevent
Driver

Just figured I would provide and update to close off this post....dealer finally replaced my 2015 IS350 with a 2016 IS350.... they couldn't find another 2015 with the color combo I had. Everything was the same except the spoiler was pure installed by the factory. woot! Thanks for all the input guys.
Old 10-08-15, 07:52 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

you had to fight for it but looks like they did right for you at the end. congrats on the one year newer car and post pics
Old 10-08-15, 08:17 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

congrats! glad all is finally done and taken care of...a lot of head ache, but you came out on top...can't be mad at that!
Old 10-09-15, 06:08 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad they finally got this solved for you. luckily since my many spoiler install incidents, both my husband and I have had really good like with our service department.
Old 10-10-15, 12:48 PM
Stevent
Driver

Yea I'm pretty happy. Can't wait till I finish breaking in the car so I can really have fun with it. Thanks guys.

Old 10-12-15, 12:40 AM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

thats.... a great outcome. maybe this was a blessing in disguise
Old 10-12-15, 09:11 AM
Stevent
Driver

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
I'm shocked they chose to replace the car and not just the trunk lid, as most dealers would either order a new trunk lid or swap with an identical part off of one of their demo or loaner cars that they own. Great outcome for you if an even replacement.
The problem with just replacing the trunk lid was that the car interior would still smell like paint..... It's was a brand new car... should still smell like a new car not paint after a month of ownership.

Quick Reply: Dealer Spoiler Install Fail