IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus dealer's stock locating - How does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-15, 08:37 AM
cantinoz
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus dealer's stock locating - How does it work?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if anyone has an experience dealing with dealers stock locating a car for you from another dealer?

How does it work and will the discounts be the same as if they were selling off their own lots?

just curious to see if it is worth it.

Thank you!
Old 06-24-15, 09:06 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To my understanding, they are looking for another dealer within the same company. Like Longo in SoCal for example. Just my guess.
Old 06-24-15, 10:15 AM
hoya08
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They will search the entire country if needed. They have a database to locate the particular model and options you desire. If that car doesn't exist, they will locate a car closest to your wishes.

I had Audi locate a particular car for me which they found in Western US when I live in the DC area. They wanted to charge me the freight fee to transport the vehicle, but eventually waived it. However, I chose to special order a new one instead since.

My Lexus dealer didn't have my preferred build and located 3 cars that were close enough to my configuration. Though they were willing to discount the options I did not want, I decided on a special order to get my build.
Old 06-24-15, 11:52 AM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hoya08
They will search the entire country if needed. They have a database to locate the particular model and options you desire. If that car doesn't exist, they will locate a car closest to your wishes.

I had Audi locate a particular car for me which they found in Western US when I live in the DC area. They wanted to charge me the freight fee to transport the vehicle, but eventually waived it. However, I chose to special order a new one instead since.

My Lexus dealer didn't have my preferred build and located 3 cars that were close enough to my configuration. Though they were willing to discount the options I did not want, I decided on a special order to get my build.
I had a similar experience in that the car they were able to locate had some extras that I hadn't asked for. So I got the extras for free.
Old 06-25-15, 02:42 AM
hoya08
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus offered all the options for free on the available cars, but none of the cars had the options I wanted, ML and VGRS.