IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Yet another LED Interior/Exterior Replacement Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-15, 09:02 PM
ImmortalR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another LED Interior/Exterior Replacement Thread

Hey everyone, I have been researching on what LED package or DIY LED package for my 2014 IS 250 and to be honest, I can't tell really which I want to get. I'm looking to replace everything, the interior that includes the door lights, the puddle lights, and the trunk. I've looked at these threads,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-led-kit.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...bs-on-3is.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-lighting.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-led-kit.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ed-lights.html

The consensus that I have been getting is maybe get them from IJDMToy, HIDPowerhouse, VLED, or ExLEDUSA but I am not really swayed one way or another on any of them. I had a 2009 ES 350 before the IS and it had LED interior lights and if I remember correctly, it also had LED puddle lights. I'm looking for something classy.
Old 04-07-15, 10:45 PM
DENNiiEE
Driver School Candidate

I always hear good thing about IJDMToy but its kind of pricey IMO, I have a friend that ships me good led pads from china instead of spenting more than 20 bucks a bulb I spent 5 bucks for the same quality. But IJDMtoy would be your best bet.
Old 04-08-15, 02:11 AM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the 10 pack for 10 dollars one on ebay. they are the cree brands i believe and they advertise them as error free. colors are not super bright but more subtle. i think they are perfect.

i personally hate of the super bright ones. its like having a kitchen light in your car.
Old 04-08-15, 03:56 AM
is3501007
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like exledusa since they are super bright. When I say super bright I mean its bright that you can go blind just glancing it. I think Im the only one here to have exledusa if Im not mistaken.
Old 04-08-15, 06:24 AM
Maveri9720
Driver School Candidate

I just placed my order with Kenneth at HID Powerhouse. He was very quick to respond to my PM's, answered all of my questions and he provides CL members with a discount. Definitely earned my business. I'm hoping to receive them over the weekend so I can install them. I'll report back when I do. BTW, I'm in the same boat as you. My first mod on my 06 Acura TL was to replace all of the lights with cool white LED's. Very classy and sophisticated look. Expecting the same with the MCR complete LED conversion kit I ordered.
Old 04-08-15, 06:58 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 369 Likes on 213 Posts

would you mind letting us know what they charged for all those lights w/ the discount? he sells them as a package deal right?
Old 04-08-15, 07:47 AM
Maveri9720
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cp2
would you mind letting us know what they charged for all those lights w/ the discount? he sells them as a package deal right?
Correct. Sold as kits. I paid $130 shipped. Website cost is $140. And this is for the full LED conversion kit package 3. They do sell individual lights too, if that's all you're interested in as well.
Old 04-08-15, 08:13 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 369 Likes on 213 Posts

thanks for the quick response. $130 shipped isn't bad for all of those lights.
Old 04-08-15, 10:23 AM
ImmortalR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DENNiiEE
I always hear good thing about IJDMToy but its kind of pricey IMO, I have a friend that ships me good led pads from china instead of spenting more than 20 bucks a bulb I spent 5 bucks for the same quality. But IJDMtoy would be your best bet.
Thanks for the advice, I probably won't go with them since like you said they are kind of pricey and they don't include the bulbs on the exterior that I want to replace also.

Originally Posted by Sexis350
i got the 10 pack for 10 dollars one on ebay. they are the cree brands i believe and they advertise them as error free. colors are not super bright but more subtle. i think they are perfect.

i personally hate of the super bright ones. its like having a kitchen light in your car.
I also don't like super bright spot lights in my car, any links to the bulbs that you got from ebay? Did you replace your exterior bulbs also?

Originally Posted by Maveri9720
I just placed my order with Kenneth at HID Powerhouse. He was very quick to respond to my PM's, answered all of my questions and he provides CL members with a discount. Definitely earned my business. I'm hoping to receive them over the weekend so I can install them. I'll report back when I do. BTW, I'm in the same boat as you. My first mod on my 06 Acura TL was to replace all of the lights with cool white LED's. Very classy and sophisticated look. Expecting the same with the MCR complete LED conversion kit I ordered.
I also PMed them too. Kenneth got back to me. I might order from them since they have the most complete set for LED conversion. I like not having the hassle of sourcing out all my bulbs from different places and worrying about if the color temperatures match.

Originally Posted by is3501007
I like exledusa since they are super bright. When I say super bright I mean its bright that you can go blind just glancing it. I think Im the only one here to have exledusa if Im not mistaken.
Thanks for your opinion lol, I probably won't get them then since they are blindingly bright.
Originally Posted by cp2
thanks for the quick response. $130 shipped isn't bad for all of those lights.
They also are selling the LP Series Complete LED Conversion Kit for $155 shipped for CL members.
Old 04-08-15, 10:49 AM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Just FYI, all of our LEDs come with 3 year replacement warranty for our customer's peace of mind. Our LEDs will last over 40000 hours (overkill, I know) and will therefore outlast the lifetime of your vehicle. We stand behind our products and we won't sell anything that does not meet our stringent quality standards. In addition to the manufacturer's quality control measures, we also test our products immediately prior to shipping as part of our order fulfillment process. We don't just test some LED bulbs, not every other LED bulbs, but EVERY LED bulb to ensure that it exceeds our customer's expectations.

We've seen low-grade LEDs melt on the base due to overheating. We've also seen LEDs with subpar sealants that would drip and stick onto the plastic lens cover overtime. Sometimes manufacturers cut costs with LEDs by using factory second components and using the least amount of resistors, which can easily blow the car's fuse. Off-brand LED chips can also have mixed colors and therefore you might sell color mismatches.

In many instances, it will save you money to invest in quality LEDs than having to replace faulty LEDs (not to mention the time spent to uninstall and reinstall light bulbs). Just my 2 cents!
Old 04-09-15, 01:06 AM
Sexis350
Pole Position

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261487515654?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
everything can be used for everthing except reverse lights
Old 03-22-16, 10:12 PM
OmarIS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HIDPH
Just FYI, all of our LEDs come with 3 year replacement warranty for our customer's peace of mind. Our LEDs will last over 40000 hours (overkill, I know) and will therefore outlast the lifetime of your vehicle. We stand behind our products and we won't sell anything that does not meet our stringent quality standards. In addition to the manufacturer's quality control measures, we also test our products immediately prior to shipping as part of our order fulfillment process. We don't just test some LED bulbs, not every other LED bulbs, but EVERY LED bulb to ensure that it exceeds our customer's expectations.

We've seen low-grade LEDs melt on the base due to overheating. We've also seen LEDs with subpar sealants that would drip and stick onto the plastic lens cover overtime. Sometimes manufacturers cut costs with LEDs by using factory second components and using the least amount of resistors, which can easily blow the car's fuse. Off-brand LED chips can also have mixed colors and therefore you might sell color mismatches.

In many instances, it will save you money to invest in quality LEDs than having to replace faulty LEDs (not to mention the time spent to uninstall and reinstall light bulbs). Just my 2 cents!
Sent you a PM
Old 03-23-16, 09:46 AM
devinkato
Driver School Candidate

I mounted these into the dome light locations.

Amazon.com: GRV Ba9s T10 Festoon 48-5050SMD Warm White DC 12V Super Bright RV Car Panel Interior LED light Pack of 2: Automotive Amazon.com: GRV Ba9s T10 Festoon 48-5050SMD Warm White DC 12V Super Bright RV Car Panel Interior LED light Pack of 2: Automotive

I was specifically looking for something NOT super cold white - like all the 6000k LEDs. These are closer to 4500k and are more like a natural indoor light, not like a blue-ish outdoor light. They're not a direct fit, they take a bit of DIY'ing. Since mine was a lease, I did a non-permanent modification with some velcro mounting points. They're super bright, give a fantastic spread of light in the interior. Would recommend.