IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any color remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-14, 06:29 AM
Loe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doodlebug
I went Nebula with light gray. This color looks clean when it's not. I love the contrast of light and dark and am pretty sure the color combo is pretty rare. Hell, 3IS's are pretty rare around here.
thats a great choice. the light gray is striking against the black.
Old 10-02-14, 08:45 AM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is my NG RR on delivery day. Enjoying the new ride and loving the color so far. I used some filters on my phone to increase the shine, but they throw the color off a bit too.

Nebula Gray IS350

Nebula Gray IS350
Old 10-02-14, 08:59 AM
Loe
Pole Position

^^ great combo! the color is shown off well in those pics
Old 10-03-14, 08:28 AM
ISTORO
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks! Last three cars were white so wanted to get something totally different this time. My non-enthusiast neighbors actually noticed I got a new car this time

Just wanted to say your USB looks amazing!!! Feeling deprived that color is not even an option here. Mods are subtle, tasteful and unique... loving the mirrors!
Old 10-03-14, 09:36 AM
Thetalk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISTORO
Thanks! Last three cars were white so wanted to get something totally different this time. My non-enthusiast neighbors actually noticed I got a new car this time

Just wanted to say your USB looks amazing!!! Feeling deprived that color is not even an option here. Mods are subtle, tasteful and unique... loving the mirrors!
My last 3 cars were white also. My girlfriend and I bought an IS 350 F Sport together yesterday. She liked the Nebula Grey and I was ok with it. I knew it was going to be a ***** to keep clean but what the hell I thought I've got all the good car wash stuff and then some. Thought it would be nice to have something different too.

Well I do like the grey, it's nice. But, it shows dirt right away. Part of it might be that the dealership didn't really give me a clean car (inside or out) but that's a different story. I also wish we would have gone with a more contrasting interior color. We went with black. Bad call. She didn't like the red interior and I didn't either honestly. Is there another option with Grey other than black or red? I know, too late now.

Another thing I noticed is these wheels show break dust very fast. My dealer had my car driven from another dealership (car had 127 miles on it) and the front wheels were literally covered in a layer of black break dust. Looks like they'd look nice clean though. Guess I'll have to wash it today to find out. Really have a bad feeling about how my dealer didn't care enough to wash the car for me. And he was begging me for perfect scores on the survey...sorry man.
Old 10-03-14, 09:46 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,625 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Originally Posted by Thetalk
My last 3 cars were white also. My girlfriend and I bought an IS 350 F Sport together yesterday. She liked the Nebula Grey and I was ok with it. I knew it was going to be a ***** to keep clean but what the hell I thought I've got all the good car wash stuff and then some. Thought it would be nice to have something different too.
FWIW, my RX is NGP and is much easier to keep clean than I had expected. It's really not bad at all. I did OptiCoat it, and keep it coated in HydrO2 too, so dirt doesn't stick to it. Sometimes I find it easier to keep clean than my Starfire Pearl IS, which really surprises me.

Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy!
Old 10-08-14, 03:12 AM
stush7
Driver School Candidate

When I started looking at the 3IS I saw a Ultra White/ RR combo and was set on it for a while. However my work travel timing was off and dealers kept suggesting other colors with the RR that got me to think again. I saw the AS combo and decided to get that one but after seeing the NG/ RR I fell in love with it and got it. Just like Spagolli94 combo and I love it. No regrets with switching from UW to NG for me.