IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Tuning Lease Lexus IS250

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-14, 02:44 PM
saewoo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Lease Lexus IS250

I was wondering since Lexus Is250 F-Sports is my first car. It is leased and I really want to lower the car, swap out intake and exhaust with aftermarket. I was wondering if that would be a problem when I give it back to the dealer after the lease is over? Would I have to swap back all of the parts back to OEM? and that wouldn't be a problem?
Old 05-21-14, 02:49 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by saewoo
I was wondering since Lexus Is250 F-Sports is my first car. It is leased and I really want to lower the car, swap out intake and exhaust with aftermarket. I was wondering if that would be a problem when I give it back to the dealer after the lease is over? Would I have to swap back all of the parts back to OEM? and that wouldn't be a problem?
You can swap everything out as long as you put everything back correctly when you return the car.
Old 05-21-14, 03:08 PM
saewoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by sternb818
You can swap everything out as long as you put everything back correctly when you return the car.

Thank you for the fast response I'm probably going to start with intake and rs*r downs.
Old 05-21-14, 06:19 PM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Thank you for the fast response I'm probably going to start with intake and rs*r downs.
Go with the GReddy intake. Mine sounds AMAZING!! Also for springs, do you plan on going with bigger wheels or keeping those stock? If you stay on the stock 18" wheels, go with the Super Downs. The people who have them on their stock wheels love them and the ride is amazing. I am getting my Down Springs tomorrow but since I have 20" wheels, I couldn't run the Super Downs. The ride quality is supposedly superb and the look of them in really nice.
Old 05-21-14, 06:41 PM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I always say go with original lexus parts. then you never have an issue that will not be covered under warranty
Old 05-22-14, 08:18 AM
saewoo
Rookie

Go with the GReddy intake. Mine sounds AMAZING!! Also for springs, do you plan on going with bigger wheels or keeping those stock? If you stay on the stock 18" wheels, go with the Super Downs. The people who have them on their stock wheels love them and the ride is amazing. I am getting my Down Springs tomorrow but since I have 20" wheels, I couldn't run the Super Downs. The ride quality is supposedly superb and the look of them in really nice.
Thinking of Greddy intake too or maybe Joe Z intake with Joe Z axle back exhaust.
Think i'm going to stick with the stock 18" and put on a super down.
On this post , https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...your-pics.html
He said he used a spacer do I need to use a spacer for it to fit?
Old 05-22-14, 08:31 AM
saewoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by silvaIS
I always say go with original lexus parts. then you never have an issue that will not be covered under warranty
I have thought about that, but original parts are so expensive...
Old 05-22-14, 09:20 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Thinking of Greddy intake too or maybe Joe Z intake with Joe Z axle back exhaust.
Think i'm going to stick with the stock 18" and put on a super down.
On this post , https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...your-pics.html
He said he used a spacer do I need to use a spacer for it to fit?
If you are into a loud growl noise, go with the GReddy. The JoeZ is really good but most people find it way to quiet. I guess that is the purpose of Joe's intake, to eliminate all sound. You don't need spacers to fit superdowns but if you want to get them, they look really good on his car.
Old 05-22-14, 10:58 AM
saewoo
Rookie

If you are into a loud growl noise, go with the GReddy. The JoeZ is really good but most people find it way to quiet. I guess that is the purpose of Joe's intake, to eliminate all sound. You don't need spacers to fit superdowns but if you want to get them, they look really good on his car.
If I can find a new/used GReddy locally i'll go right now to pick it up and probably while at it, i'll grab an axle back from Joe Z since i'm at Socal.
Sorry to keep on asking but what is the benefit of having spacers? I like the setup on the other post with 20mm spacers all around with stock wheels and super downs.
Old 05-22-14, 11:06 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

If I can find a new/used GReddy locally i'll go right now to pick it up and probably while at it, i'll grab an axle back from Joe Z since i'm at Socal.
Sorry to keep on asking but what is the benefit of having spacers? I like the setup on the other post with 20mm spacers all around with stock wheels and super downs.
I think they're just used for looks. The wheel pokes out a bit more.
Old 05-22-14, 11:12 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

before you do so, re-read the lease agreement about modifications to a car. Sometimes they dont allow you to
Old 05-22-14, 11:19 AM
saewoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
before you do so, re-read the lease agreement about modifications to a car. Sometimes they dont allow you to
Thank you so much for the heads up.
Old 05-22-14, 11:31 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Thank you so much for the heads up.
If you go through the build threads and look at RastaRacer's car, his is leased and he has done plenty of mods. I don't know if it is different for each dealership, but his you could mod. You just have to be careful that they don't cause any problems because Lexus won't fix it.
Old 05-22-14, 01:54 PM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

which Greedy that will fit to 2014 IS350F?
Old 05-22-14, 02:12 PM
saewoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS3Fguy
which Greedy that will fit to 2014 IS350F?
From what I read throughout the forum was GReddy from 06 - 13 fits all 2014 350F and 250Fs. From my knowledge tho.. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Quick Reply: Tuning Lease Lexus IS250