IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Official: USDM 2014+ IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-17, 02:48 PM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurkEclips
Nigel doesn't seem to have good customer service. I assume he is legit or he wouldn't be on here. He doesn't reply to questions or doesn't want too
i heard he is a one man team doing this on the side. When I ordered from him.. i didn't have issues with my order... just had to be patient when contacting him.
Old 06-22-17, 03:18 PM
TurkEclips
Rookie

Thank you that makes me feel better about. Trying to find out how much to get it installed and then will plan to order
Old 06-22-17, 06:31 PM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by TurkEclips
Nigel doesn't seem to have good customer service. I assume he is legit or he wouldn't be on here. He doesn't reply to questions or doesn't want too
He's legit, just busy. i suspect this is a side gig for him.
Old 06-26-17, 09:34 AM
ODIDDY707
Driver School Candidate

Can someone clarify please......once you get into the fender lining, the F-sport stock black bezel just pops out by pushing it towards the front of the car? No need to remove the existing brackets that are there?
Easy to push out or do you have to manipulate clips that are holding it in place?
I am tackling this install coming up this weekend. I appreciate the help ahead of time.
Old 06-29-17, 11:52 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Waiting for my fogs from Nigel. Fingers crossed I have the plugs inside my bumper. My K23 connector has the correct wiring but just a little worried I wont have the fog plugs. If I dont can someone clarify what will need to be done to make sure the JDM OEM stalk works correctly?
Old 07-03-17, 12:52 PM
minhael
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ODIDDY707
Can someone clarify please......once you get into the fender lining, the F-sport stock black bezel just pops out by pushing it towards the front of the car? No need to remove the existing brackets that are there?
Easy to push out or do you have to manipulate clips that are holding it in place?
I am tackling this install coming up this weekend. I appreciate the help ahead of time.

Yes...just push it outward..It requires some force and it's hold by like 3 clips. It isn't really hard to do it.
Old 07-19-17, 01:42 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Today makes 6 weeks i've been waiting on my fog kit from Nigel. Last week i requested a status and one was not provided. My original invoice said 3-6 weeks, Nigel notified me it was 3-7 meaning he has one more week to deliver. He also said once the product was on it's way to me I would get a tracking number. No delivery and no tracking number yet so I'm just hoping for the best. I've given ample amount of time for Nigel to reply to me privately. He was always quick to answer when discussing the sale.

I have not nagged him during this 6 weeks I waited until late last week to ask if we were still on schedule.
Old 07-19-17, 01:54 PM
anamynous
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ciggy
Today makes 6 weeks i've been waiting on my fog kit from Nigel. Last week i requested a status and one was not provided. My original invoice said 3-6 weeks, Nigel notified me it was 3-7 meaning he has one more week to deliver. He also said once the product was on it's way to me I would get a tracking number. No delivery and no tracking number yet so I'm just hoping for the best. I've given ample amount of time for Nigel to reply to me privately. He was always quick to answer when discussing the sale.

I have not nagged him during this 6 weeks I waited until late last week to ask if we were still on schedule.
A while back I ordered some TRD parts for my car from Nigel. He quoted me 3-5 weeks for shipment. After 12 weeks of waiting I asked him for a refund, and he charged me PayPal fees for the refund so I lost around $60 for nothing. Not a good experience. It's too bad that there are not that many vendors out there, but I will definitely not be doing any business with him again.
Old 07-19-17, 01:58 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by anamynous
A while back I ordered some TRD parts for my car from Nigel. He quoted me 3-5 weeks for shipment. After 12 weeks of waiting I asked him for a refund, and he charged me PayPal fees for the refund so I lost around $60 for nothing. Not a good experience. It's too bad that there are not that many vendors out there, but I will definitely not be doing any business with him again.
Damn this is extremely upsetting news. I'll wait another 24 hours and then open a paypal dispute. What a scam artist.... it seemed like other members had a good experience with him. I have no other way to even purchase the JDM fog light kit

Who runs this forum. Part of my confidence in buying from these guys was due to them being an official forum sponsor. They need this status removed if they aren't delivering on their promises and collecting money for doing nothing.

Last edited by Ciggy; 07-19-17 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-19-17, 04:11 PM
600rr
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by anamynous
This is very interesting. I use Paypal a lot and this does not sound right. I have given tons of refunds and also have received refunds. When the seller issues a refund, Paypal will also refund the fee, minus 0.30cent flat fee that they keep. So the most you would lose from this is 30 cents. Paypal allows up to 180 days for full or partial refunds, so you're well within the time frame to get all your money back.

On another note, U.S. Paypal fees are 2.9%, so if the cost of the kit is $1000, the total fee is only $29. If he has an international account it is 4.4% so the fee is $44.
I do not see how this gets up to $60. I would definitely question this to Nigel.
Old 07-19-17, 04:17 PM
600rr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ciggy

If indeed the item was shipped, the tracking number would be available immediately upon shipping.
If he shipped it 4 weeks ago, it should have been provided to you 4 weeks ago.
No communication from seller is also a red flag. I'm always wary about dealings internationally and avoid it at all costs.
Old 07-19-17, 04:35 PM
anamynous
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 600rr
This is very interesting. I use Paypal a lot and this does not sound right. I have given tons of refunds and also have received refunds. When the seller issues a refund, Paypal will also refund the fee, minus 0.30cent flat fee that they keep. So the most you would lose from this is 30 cents. Paypal allows up to 180 days for full or partial refunds, so you're well within the time frame to get all your money back.

On another note, U.S. Paypal fees are 2.9%, so if the cost of the kit is $1000, the total fee is only $29. If he has an international account it is 4.4% so the fee is $44.
I do not see how this gets up to $60. I would definitely question this to Nigel.
This was a little over 2 years ago. My total cost was around $1.2K. I just checked my email with him and he mentioned that when I sent him money Paypal took out almost 4% and so he pretty much took that percentage out from my refund, and then he said that when he sent the refund Paypal also took another 1%. This was over many emails back and forth and at that point I was just sick and tired of it and decided to deal with the loss.
Old 07-19-17, 04:48 PM
600rr
Pole Position

Paypal would have given that fee back as part of the refund.
As far as I know, there is no extra 1% fee for giving a refund either...and I've given plenty of refunds.
I think you got scammed and lied to.
Old 07-19-17, 04:54 PM
anamynous
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 600rr
Paypal would have given that fee back as part of the refund.
As far as I know, there is no extra 1% fee for giving a refund either...and I've given plenty of refunds.
I think you got scammed and lied to.
Oh trust me I know. I emailed him several times after that explaining why none of that makes sense, but at that time I was just tired of all the BS so I thought hey, keep the $60 but know I won't be dealing with you in the future.
Old 07-20-17, 05:20 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

He's replied and I've been told "It should be here by the end of July and read to ship as soon as they are all arrived."

I want this kit so bad. So I guess i'll be waiting longer. But at 10 weeks. I'm opening a dispute and getting every cent back. This guy told me 3-7 weeks and never mentioned it was a guesstimate. This is supposed to be a legit vendor I was purchasing items from. I'll try to be as patient as possible. I have a bunch of other front end items I was hoping to install at the same time as the fogs.
The following users liked this post:
ttsport15 (07-20-17)

Quick Reply: Official: USDM 2014+ IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside