IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Do you guys park like this LOL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-13, 10:47 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys park like this LOL?

I prefer superwide parking spaces in which only one other car will be right next to me. Overprotective yes, but worth it!
Attached Thumbnails Do you guys park like this LOL?-image-2034491283.jpg  
Old 10-09-13, 11:06 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I try to find an empty parking space. Usually far away with zero cars around. But every single time I come back to the car, I find one idiot that parks right next to me when there are TONS of empty parking spaces.

I have some you suck at parking cards, maybe next time, I'll get some "lonely much bro?" parking cards.

Old 10-09-13, 11:17 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

I tend to do the same whenever I'm taking the Rx out. Corner spots are my favorite!

Originally Posted by vbx
I try to find an empty parking space. Usually far away with zero cars around. But every single time I come back to the car, I find one idiot that parks right next to me when there are TONS of empty parking spaces.

I have some you suck at parking cards, maybe next time, I'll get some "lonely much bro?" parking cards.

Those cards are freaking awesome!

I want those cards.....maybe I should order some....

Last edited by Sh1nra; 10-09-13 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-10-13, 03:51 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vbx

Could you please tell me how to order these cards?
Old 10-10-13, 06:26 AM
sloosh
Driver

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Could you please tell me how to order these cards?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=you+suck+at+parking+cards
Old 10-10-13, 06:37 AM
carderoni
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can order basic business cards with whatever you want printed on them for free (plus shipping) from vistaprint.com
Old 10-10-13, 06:52 AM
magne
Lead Lap

My favorite way of parking
Attached Thumbnails Do you guys park like this LOL?-humor11..jpg  
Old 10-10-13, 09:43 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I try to park away from everybody, even if that means I'm the only car on an entire level in a parking structure haha

Old 10-10-13, 08:31 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys/girls, you are not alone. I always try to park my car with curb in one side and stay away from other cars. It is also a good walking exercise.
Old 10-10-13, 09:05 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

I remember one time a lady tapped me from behind at a red light. After we exchanged info, I went to get Chinese food. Parked near a curb with no other car near me and about 10 spaces available.

When I came back, I saw an old man with his truck right next to me. He opened the door and slammed his door into my rear quarter panel causing 2 small dings.

I was PISSED. I ran up to him and said WTF man? Out of all the parking spaces why the hell did you park here? Did you see what you did? You gonna make this right or should I call the police?

long story short, he gave me his info and I wrote down his license plate. And the license plate was not registered, the number he gave me didn't work..... Cops couldn't do anything.

Oh yeah, and that lady who rear ended me claimed I reversed into her!
Old 10-10-13, 10:14 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vbx
I remember one time a lady tapped me from behind at a red light. After we exchanged info, I went to get Chinese food. Parked near a curb with no other car near me and about 10 spaces available.

When I came back, I saw an old man with his truck right next to me. He opened the door and slammed his door into my rear quarter panel causing 2 small dings.

I was PISSED. I ran up to him and said WTF man? Out of all the parking spaces why the hell did you park here? Did you see what you did? You gonna make this right or should I call the police?

long story short, he gave me his info and I wrote down his license plate. And the license plate was not registered, the number he gave me didn't work..... Cops couldn't do anything.

Oh yeah, and that lady who rear ended me claimed I reversed into her!
I have a friend who had a similar experience like yours many years ago. Out of all parking spaces, he parked near the curb and someone parked besides his slammed the doors.

I guess if it happens it happens. We are just simply trying to do more risk management than most folks out there.

Speaking of parking near the curbs, in my area, I have seen many people pick the spots beside the curbs and so it is getting harder to find those some times.
Old 10-10-13, 10:55 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

My company's parking lot has a lot of pine trees dispersed throughout, so it's hard to park one's car somewhere without getting a bunch of sap on one's car at the end of the day. After a week, I couldn't let that happen to my IS anymore so I went out to look for a clean spot, which turned out to be the center of the lot where no one parks because it never gets any shade throughout the day. Perfect! I made the mistake of telling my coworkers this, and now all the Audi's, BMW's, and Mercedes are crowding me!

I'm tempted to double park, but I feel someone might key me for it.
Old 10-11-13, 07:07 AM
WWM
Rookie

What you do is get your buddies to park next to you and that way your car is protected. This is assuming you can trust your buddies not to ding your car. We did that at my old work place. The RX-8, RSX and G35 all parked together far away from the entrance, well protected from the idiots who frequented that parking lot.
Old 10-11-13, 04:02 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

I need to have some cards made like that. Sometimes when I feel like being a worlds biggest *******, notice I said SOMETIMES, i will take advantage of having a truck and taking the threatening size of me, and parking in 5 spots.........

But most of the time, I back in perfect....
Old 10-12-13, 07:25 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

@ op, lol that is too funny

Quick Reply: Do you guys park like this LOL?