IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

can I buy and drive home a 2014 IS today, 6/28/2013?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-13, 09:42 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
People get all excited and will pay MSRP for these cars because, well, they have no self discipline.
Or some people really don't care about waiting an unknown period just to save a few $K.
Old 06-28-13, 10:04 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
According to an email I just got from the Lexus Western Area Vehicle Supply Manager, (from email) "2014 IS Retail date has been moved to TONIGHT"

It appears the only thing they were waiting for was the latest Lexus Enform App Suite. I've downloaded a few to the cars. All but one worked. The one that didn't has "Push to Talk: Voice" not working - but that was for the whole car not just Enform related i.e. couldn't tell the car an address
ah, maybe related to press reporting how their units locked up?
Old 06-28-13, 10:07 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
ah, maybe related to press reporting how their units locked up?
either way it shows watch out for those first models
Old 06-28-13, 10:55 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend just picked up her new 2014 IS 350 F Sport today, and she did not pay MSRP nor above sticker.
Old 06-29-13, 01:19 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I have yet to have one positive experience at Keyes. Dishonest, can't answer anything straight, and tack on all kinds of accessories to jack up the sticker price on all new cars. There's better choices out there and as each day goes on from this point, the frenzy will calm down and prices will start dropping.
Old 06-29-13, 04:23 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
I think you are dreaming if you think you will get more than a token discount, if any, from a '14 IS. You can try, but I wouldn't suspect you would be successful.

People get all excited and will pay MSRP for these cars because, well, they have no self discipline. In a few weeks it will be business as usual, but car companies know that there will be tunas out there that they can reel in and make some nice money.
I look at it this way, my 3IS was a special order no matter what because of the options in it. Specifically, the Dynamic Radar Cruise so it is a two to three month wait. If I wait to order it six months from now, then it puts the car at nine months out just to get a few more dollars off. Why not just wait to see if the options change for 2015 at that point and then it still may be a special order. Then wait again..etc..etc...
I do agree with someone not paying more than sticker. I negotiated a small discount and felt it was fair, even though there is more discount to be had down the road, to have the rights to be one of the first owners and to have the car built my way.
I actually held on to my 2IS for an extra year knowing that the redesign was on its way.
Everyone has their own philosophy on a purchase and this is just mine.
Old 06-29-13, 06:17 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
My friend just picked up her new 2014 IS 350 F Sport today, and she did not pay MSRP nor above sticker.
Yes, I received a quote that was about a token amount below MSRP on a F-sport. The only dealer who was straight forward out of the 5 or so I contacted here in LA. Even though the discount is token -- it makes me want to do business with them since there was no game playing, I want to give credit where credit is due -- that was Longo's. Am I correct in that you don't get cooled seats, rain sensing wipers with the F-sport and that you can't order an F-sport with a luxury package?

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I have yet to have one positive experience at Keyes. Dishonest, can't answer anything straight, and tack on all kinds of accessories to jack up the sticker price on all new cars. There's better choices out there and as each day goes on from this point, the frenzy will calm down and prices will start dropping.
I agree. The internet person won't give me a quote and has been evasive -- they want to get me on the lot. So when I stopped by the lot one of the 1st questions I was asked was "What kind of car are you driving now? I replied, "Why do you ask?" "What are you going to do with your car?" "I don't know -- why do you ask?" This went on several times. I sold Rolls and Jags when I was younger -- none of the guys at Keyes would've been hired. There's a strange energy there imo. They're order takers and all they know about selling is what their sales manager tell them and I knew in the short time I was there that I knew more about the IS then the 2 guys I talked to. Glendale Lexus has been a disaster so far. 1st quote was 6K above MRSP. Now they say they have to wait for Japan to give pricing. Longo on the other hand replied within minutes that they could order the car the way I want it but it would be a 6-9 week wait. I am writing all of this for SoCal people who might come along thinking about a Lexus.

So far? Longo has been the most transparent and hassle free. Keyes and Lexus of Glendale -- not so much, Cerritos Lexus? No reply to 2 email yet. Vista Lexus of Woodland Hills sent me an email addressed to another name about a car I never inquired about -- I haven't heard back from them since I corrected them.

I was kind of expecting the buying experience to be better than Acura but it hasn't been yet. Granted this is a whole new car and all the dealerships have big fat dollar signs in their eyes and some of them think that they'll just kick back and take orders. I don't feel like the 3G has the broad appeal of the 2G -- they may be in for a surprise. Guess what bothers me is that I get the feeling that these sales guys just assume I'm a moron.

Last edited by Glashub; 06-29-13 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-29-13, 09:45 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

^^^ Knowledge is power.... At the end of day your dealing with "salesmen"....

Separating the great ones from the average / bad ones is what takes experience from the actual car buyer..

Bottom line is pay MSRP or less.... And yes you can now drive home the 2014 IS today and/or this weekend..!!

Good Luck

~ Joe Z
Old 06-29-13, 12:42 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=Glashub;8014266]Yes, I received a quote that was about a token amount below MSRP on a F-sport. The only dealer who was straight forward out of the 5 or so I contacted here in LA. Even though the discount is token -- it makes me want to do business with them since there was no game playing, I want to give credit where credit is due -- that was Longo's. Am I correct in that you don't get cooled seats, rain sensing wipers with the F-sport and that you can't order an F-sport with a luxury package?

You are correct that there are no cooled seats, rain sensing wipers, or combining other packages with F-Sport.
Old 06-29-13, 03:51 PM
blksolara
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
How did your friend pay below MSRP?? Leased, finance or full cash? I was at longo too and they wouldn't budge, do I need to grow a pair of ****?
Old 06-29-13, 04:30 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by blksolara
How did your friend pay below MSRP?? Leased, finance or full cash? I was at longo too and they wouldn't budge, do I need to grow a pair of ****?
It was probably $500 discount plus $1000 Lexus ride and drive.
Old 06-29-13, 04:56 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blksolara
My dealer gave me 1k off of MSRP back in May when I ordered and there are many other posts showing the same discount. If the Ride and Drive Event happens before delivery, I will take the bonus 1k.
Old 06-29-13, 07:30 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi

I just came back from Santa Monica Lexus and got 1422.33 off sticker. Is250 fsport black red interior. 12k miles. Plus it as blind spot and crosstraffic backup alert. I got 2 years free service also.

If anyone wants one they are dealing cuz it's month end and quarter end. Money factor was .0017 and residual was 55%

Go see bob lattimore in Internet sales. I think I did ok and I am ok with my deal. Minimum drive ff on a lease.
Old 06-29-13, 08:57 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for sharing. Best I've gotten was $640.00
Old 06-29-13, 09:15 PM
blksolara
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

$ off MSRP is good but its more interesting to know
if its lease or finance, i heard from the sales from longo they will only do 4% APR, if you put 25-30k down, thats still 3-4k added to your final cost.

Quick Reply: can I buy and drive home a 2014 IS today, 6/28/2013?