IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-13, 02:24 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by wednesday
SO, so beautiful in USB! I really hope they reconsider their decision not to bring it to the US. Can't believe the signature F sport color for the new IS is that boring and plain white. Those of you concerned should email Lexus, I did and got what I thought was a promising response.
Thats nice to hear. I wonder who was the genius(es) to decide to discontinue USB on the F-sport program of all things. Heck USB should be offered on the GS F-sport.

Do they have any actual enthusiasts there or they just in Japan?
Old 04-17-13, 08:35 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Thats nice to hear. I wonder who was the genius(es) to decide to discontinue USB on the F-sport program of all things. Heck USB should be offered on the GS F-sport.

Do they have any actual enthusiasts there or they just in Japan?
I don't know but it sounds like it is even going to be available in Canada so WTH I really hope others have at least tried to email Lexus, it never hurts. I agree about the GS, that would look NICE
Old 04-17-13, 09:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,493 Likes on 1,638 Posts

seems like lexus u.s. has soulless bean counters and sales people running the place.

in the southeast however, you have the a single giant distributor that runs the whole show. i still don't understand why toyota would give up so much control and margins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeast_Toyota_Distributors
Old 04-17-13, 10:26 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

If several people wrote in to Lexus about no USB, I bet it would make some sort of impact. Just today I had a conversation with a customer of mine who has a USB IS. He's not even a car guy but said the only reason he went with the IS was to get that color. Just another example.
Old 04-17-13, 10:31 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by wednesday
I don't know but it sounds like it is even going to be available in Canada so WTH I really hope others have at least tried to email Lexus, it never hurts. I agree about the GS, that would look NICE
Its just ridiculous, it was nice on the IS 300, USB was superb on the IS F, then they put it on the IS F-sport and IS C...then discontinue? Why not on the GS? They started even using the blue on the badges and trim and left that alone. .

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
If several people wrote in to Lexus about no USB, I bet it would make some sort of impact. Just today I had a conversation with a customer of mine who has a USB IS. He's not even a car guy but said the only reason he went with the IS was to get that color. Just another example.
Good luck with that....they seem hell bent on doing whatever they want. I mean two white cars but no USB? We have two white options, F-sport gets its own white.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-18-13 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Removed rude and inappropriate personal commentary.
Old 04-18-13, 06:49 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

I took my USB to the Toyota place for an oil change and it was like a celebrity I get asked by strangers about this one (I am pretty sure because of the color) and they say, "I didn't realize Lexus built sporty cars." So WAY. TO. GO. Lexus USA, trying to rebrand your image to attract those interested in sport and you get rid of this billboard of a color

I told them in my letter I was all set to try to get out of my lease early and get the new IS until I found out about them dropping USB and leather in the F sport and that now I will just hang on to my current car while I reconsider my options. I meant it.
Old 04-18-13, 07:40 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Its just ridiculous, it was nice on the IS 300, USB was superb on the IS F, then they put it on the IS F-sport and IS C...then discontinue? Why not on the GS? They started even using the blue on the badges and trim and left that alone. .

Good luck with that....they seem hell bent on doing whatever they want. I mean two white cars but no USB? We have two white options, F-sport gets its own white.
well, it is one exclusive white for F-Sport, other for others... nothing wrong with that. White is the most popular color for cars in the USA... And Lexus USA probably didnt sell many USBs so they dont offer it anymore (i never saw USB in my life btw).... I understand what you are saying, hopefully that rumor about new F-Sport blue in 2014 is right and they are waiting for it.
Old 04-20-13, 05:15 AM
knox_sport
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd bet USB will return at or before the mid-cycle refresh, along with the IS250 (now IS200?) dropping the 2.5L V6 for the 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo (which should improve MPG). I'm also betting a manual option will return with the turbo 4 only, and possibly a bump in the NAV screen size.

Lexus has to have something to 'update.' Remember, this bodystyle will be on sale for at least 5-6 years (the 2IS went 8). Toyota isn't going to give everything away in the first year.
Old 04-20-13, 05:58 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by knox_sport
I'd bet USB will return at or before the mid-cycle refresh, along with the IS250 (now IS200?) dropping the 2.5L V6 for the 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo (which should improve MPG). I'm also betting a manual option will return with the turbo 4 only, and possibly a bump in the NAV screen size.

Lexus has to have something to 'update.' Remember, this bodystyle will be on sale for at least 5-6 years (the 2IS went 8). Toyota isn't going to give everything away in the first year.
But they are giving it away to everyone else in the world on launch Oh and if they bring it back and change to a 4 cylinder I still won't be buying it.

well, it is one exclusive white for F-Sport, other for others... nothing wrong with that.
There's a LOT wrong with that if you don't want boring white that a lot of people here think looks terrible on the 3IS.
Old 04-20-13, 03:27 PM
ColoISGirl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
If several people wrote in to
  1. Lexus about no USB, I
bet it would make some sort of impact. Just today I had a conversation with a customer of mine who has a USB IS. He's not even a car guy but said the only reason he went with the IS was to get that color. Just another example.
Okay! I am new to Lexus...What is a USB? I only know it as a USB port to plug my iPod in. It seems you are talking about something else.. Please educate me.
Old 04-20-13, 04:19 PM
yycdave
Driver

Originally Posted by ColoISGirl
Okay! I am new to Lexus...What is a USB? I only know it as a USB port to plug my iPod in. It seems you are talking about something else.. Please educate me.
In this context, it means Ultra Sonic Blue:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...6_ext_2013.jpg
Old 04-20-13, 04:59 PM
Majeed
Driver School Candidate

Acutely thats not Ultrasonic Blue, thats the new color called ultra blue metallic, here's the 3IS in USB:

Old 04-21-13, 05:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by spwolf
well, it is one exclusive white for F-Sport, other for others... nothing wrong with that. White is the most popular color for cars in the USA... And Lexus USA probably didnt sell many USBs so they dont offer it anymore (i never saw USB in my life btw).... I understand what you are saying, hopefully that rumor about new F-Sport blue in 2014 is right and they are waiting for it.
Yes I have a white GS, do we need another white? What was wrong with USB? It was an F-sport color. Its a ridiculous decision to me.

With these really odd decisions that FRS/BRZ is looking better, I mean if I can't get cooled seats in a luxury car might as well not get a luxury car.
Old 04-23-13, 09:36 PM
IS250_6Spd
Lead Lap

After reading that the 3IS is not coming in USB I will pass until Lexus brings it back. This was my next choice for the 3IS. I guess i will have to wait a year only...
Old 04-24-13, 03:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Yes I have a white GS, do we need another white? What was wrong with USB? It was an F-sport color. Its a ridiculous decision to me.

With these really odd decisions that FRS/BRZ is looking better, I mean if I can't get cooled seats in a luxury car might as well not get a luxury car.
i am all for unique colors though, so lets not belittle their ultra-white for F-Sport... thats cool too. Personally I would get that unique white more than USB, as USB is little bit too feminine... but again, I am all for them offering as many unique colors to F-Sport line, i think thats even better... and I also like that in past 3-4 years, Lexus has been getting different colors from Toyota - not sure if anyone noticed, but no more Toyota colors lately, even black is unique to Lexus, with more sparkles, as it should be.

Quick Reply: 2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns