IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns

Old 03-25-13, 02:05 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts
Arrow 2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns

Damn, why did they make F-sport so inferior with limited color selections and lack of ventilated seat but I really like LFA style gauge. I bet most luxury options on F-sport will be missing too.
Old 03-25-13, 02:31 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dojoman
Damn, why did they make F-sport so inferior with limited color selections and lack of ventilated seat but I really like LFA style gauge. I bet most luxury options on F-sport will be missing too.
Yet all the other markets get all the choices and America, their bread and butter and biggest market, gets the least choices.

Seriously WTF?

NuLuxe is good, really good but this would be my first car in 17 years without leather and I don't exactly see our house with fake leather sofas either... and 10 way power seats won't get it done anymore.... then no ventilated seats either? I just don't understand it. So I guess Lexus will understand why my interest is pretty much gone. I'm sure it will sell but I don't think this is for me.

There is no method to the F-sport madness from CT-LS. None. its all over the map.
Old 03-25-13, 03:05 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Yet all the other markets get all the choices and America, their bread and butter and biggest market, gets the least choices.

Seriously WTF?

NuLuxe is good, really good but this would be my first car in 17 years without leather and I don't exactly see our house with fake leather sofas either... and 10 way power seats won't get it done anymore.... then no ventilated seats either? I just don't understand it. So I guess Lexus will understand why my interest is pretty much gone. I'm sure it will sell but I don't think this is for me.

There is no method to the F-sport madness from CT-LS. None. its all over the map.
10 way seats are max for 3IS, right?

I think problem with NA market is very simple but still big problem - people look at price of loaded car to determine its value... so Lexus is trying to limit that price by not providing all the options.

HS250h was essentially killed due to all those options that made it $50k car, while without them at $40k it wasnt bad proposition at all.
Old 03-25-13, 06:58 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am thinking I am the opposite of most people when it comes to this car, I loved it at the beginning and my love is fading fast after finding out what the lowly US market is getting. Definitely will try to hold out and wait for the next model year to see if they bring back the things they have axed from the f sport.
Old 03-25-13, 07:15 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wednesday
I am thinking I am the opposite of most people when it comes to this car, I loved it at the beginning and my love is fading fast after finding out what the lowly US market is getting. Definitely will try to hold out and wait for the next model year to see if they bring back the things they have axed from the f sport.
what did they axe from F-Sport? Seems to have more stuff than before....

Color selection is super limited though... even if it is what 99% of buyers purchased, still weird.
Old 03-25-13, 07:20 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
what did they axe from F-Sport? Seems to have more stuff than before....

Color selection is super limited though... even if it is what 99% of buyers purchased, still weird.
No fogs, real leather, or signature F color USB.
Old 03-25-13, 09:17 PM
LexFather

I'm actually with you here. Going to have to drive it and see it in person and maybe that will turn me back around. The specs/features right now really have me shaking my head. Maybe there will be some sort of leather option?

I'm sure with a drop and wheels it will look great but I can't wrap my head around no leather and it will easily cost 45k with some options.
Old 03-26-13, 03:20 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

No fogs, real leather, or signature F color USB.
yeah but previous F-Sport was limited in options, even more...
Old 03-26-13, 07:01 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm actually with you here. Going to have to drive it and see it in person and maybe that will turn me back around. The specs/features right now really have me shaking my head. Maybe there will be some sort of leather option?

I'm sure with a drop and wheels it will look great but I can't wrap my head around no leather and it will easily cost 45k with some options.
Same here. Makes me all the more glad I didn't miss out picking up the S4.
Old 03-26-13, 07:47 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
yeah but previous F-Sport was limited in options, even more...
Well this one is missing some pretty important items that the last one had, and I had hoped it would gain some of the things the 2IS F Sport didn't have, like the ventilated seats .

It's kind of easy for you to question my disappointment after saying you live in Europe and are buying a USB (which will come with way more options than we are being given here) Don't take this the wrong way, just asking you to put yourself in our shoes.

I will be staying in my current lease as long as possible if they decide to move ahead with these decisions, and may move away from Lexus altogether, tired of being limited on options.
Old 03-26-13, 07:55 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

It just boggles my mind the way they offer options to one market and not the other and to take away the F Sport blue and the leather here and not there

I have been hoping that Lexus would start offering a bigger number of packages to allow flexibility in configuring the car you want, I have had to make concessions with every IS I have bought and that aggravates me.

I can only hope somebody at Lexus reads these boards and will see that their loyal fan base is very unhappy with the decisions. I encourage everyone to post on the Lexus fb page with their concerns, I did.
Old 03-26-13, 09:23 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

It just boggles my mind the way they offer options to one market and not the other and to take away the F Sport blue and the leather here and not there

I have been hoping that Lexus would start offering a bigger number of packages to allow flexibility in configuring the car you want, I have had to make concessions with every IS I have bought and that aggravates me.

I can only hope somebody at Lexus reads these boards and will see that their loyal fan base is very unhappy with the decisions. I encourage everyone to post on the Lexus fb page with their concerns, I did.
Wednesday, trust me.. I know exactly how you feel...

I have talked to several of the product planning people directly here at their HQ in Torrance...
They know exactly where we stand on things that are missing from the F-Sport model...

I am not going to bother to get into specifics on why it’s happening...

But, unfortunately when they package these builds for the 4 USA regions.. They are not looking at just the enthusiasts..
They are looking at a much MUCH larger audience that aren't even a part of CL.

They do scan these message boards from time to time... And their Social Media outlets too.
But, usually once a decision is made, we rarely see a change made to add things back in..
Like FOG Lamps, Aluminum Footrest Pedal, Leather, Ventilated Seats, USB Paint, same power, etc.. etc.. etc..

Honestly, I have NO plans to jump into a MY14 IS anytime soon... And if they dont make a 4 door Lexus IS-F on this platform..
That futher solidifies my decision to keep my 2008 ISF for a very long time..

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 03-26-13 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-26-13, 09:38 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z

I have talked to several of the product planning people directly here at their HQ in Torrance...
They know exactly where we stand on things that are missing from the F-Sport model...

But, unfortunately when they package these builds for the 4 USA regions.. They are not looking at just the enthusiasts..

They do scan these message boards from time to time... And their Social Media outlets too.
But, usually once a decision is made, we rarely see a change made to add things back in..
Like FOG's, Leather, Ventilated Seats, USB Paint, same power, etc.. etc.. etc..

Honestly, I have NO plans to jump into a MY14 IS anytime soon... And if they dont make a 4 door Lexus IS-F on this platform..
That futher solidifies my decision to keep my 2008 ISF for a very long time..

~ Joe Z
Sooo frustrating! Sounds about like how decisions are made for TV programming.....and now all that is on is reality shows

I would think the paint and trim could easily be re-added so I will still try to remain optimistic that they will have a change of heart. I would hate to see them kill the IS F as well
Old 03-26-13, 09:45 AM
LexFather

Its ridiculous. I don't want a 45-50k F-sport with no leather. I don't want to be forced not to be offered cooled seats. The fog light delete is ridiculous since the LS/RX/CT have fogs.

Originally Posted by IntegresS
I wasn't a fan of the fake leather being my only option in the F-Sport package myself, but after sitting in one and looking at it up close, it's really not bad at all. The nice thing about it is that when you press on it, it doesn't wrinkle up the way real leather does, and so it shouldn't leave the creases in the seats that you would get over time with real leather.

(please excuse the brake dust on my thumb)
I agree its fine, like a Civic is fine. I want leather, I've never had a Lexus with pleather and don't intend to start now. If other people enjoy it, good for them.

Originally Posted by Joe Z

They do scan these message boards from time to time... And their Social Media outles too.
But usually once a decision is made, we rarely see a change made to add things back in..
Like FOG's, Leather, Ventilated Seats, USB Paint, etc.. etc..

Honestly, I have NO plans to jump into a MY14 IS anytime soon... And if they dont make a 4 door Lexus IS-F on this platform.. That futher solidifies my decision to keep my 2008 ISF for a very long time..

~ Joe Z
I would have gotten a GS 450h F-sport if we could have gotten it. We "settled" for a GS 350 F-sport since my wife loves the red leather and looks of the F-sport and we don't want bloody bamboo wood. We are the IDEAL Lexus customer
1. Previous owners
2. One is the biggest brand ambassador they could ask for
3. The other was happy with her hybrid Lexus

And instead of really getting what we would have liked (THAT IS OFFERED IN EUROPE AND JAPAN) we had to "settle".

Lexus might be happy with sales increases and F-sport sales but there will be TREMENDOUS irony if F-sport goes to people who want to "seem" like an enthusiast and their real loyal enthusiasts jump ship.
Old 03-26-13, 10:22 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Its ridiculous. I don't want a 45-50k F-sport with no leather. I don't want to be forced not to be offered cooled seats. The fog light delete is ridiculous since the LS/RX/CT have fogs.

I agree its fine, like a Civic is fine. I want leather, I've never had a Lexus with pleather and don't intend to start now. If other people enjoy it, good for them.

I would have gotten a GS 450h F-sport if we could have gotten it. We "settled" for a GS 350 F-sport since my wife loves the red leather and looks of the F-sport and we don't want bloody bamboo wood. We are the IDEAL Lexus customer
1. Previous owners
2. One is the biggest brand ambassador they could ask for
3. The other was happy with her hybrid Lexus

And instead of really getting what we would have liked (THAT IS OFFERED IN EUROPE AND JAPAN) we had to "settle".

Lexus might be happy with sales increases and F-sport sales but there will be TREMENDOUS irony if F-sport goes to people who want to "seem" like an enthusiast and their real loyal enthusiasts jump ship.
It really chafes my butt (no pun intended) about the ventilated seats, that was the concession I made to get the F Sport I have now and living in Florida I miss them everyday.... Seeing the European F Sport with them really pisses me off We have so many areas in the US that have extremely hot weather, I just can't see not offering them. While I'm at it, the drivers seat should also have memory function, it's a Lexus! Also agree that the faux leather just don't cut it in a 40k plus car.

I did email Lexus customer support, hoping more ClubLexus members do this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns