IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-18, 09:27 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,557 Likes on 1,826 Posts

Originally Posted by Jza
Been a Production Kaizen Team Leader at the Cambridge RX350 plant for 11 years. Finally pulled the trigger on my first one. 14 250 fsport3.
And low and behold. Bought some winters of a club Lexus member an hour ago. Thanks Sasnuke!!!
Thanks for having me.
I'm actually doing a talk on Kaizen soon - as a software guy I understand Kaizen has had a big impact on my industry as well and have been doing some research on it. It is amazing how much a positive influence Toyota have had on other industries.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-17-18, 11:18 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DrBunsen
Hi, I'm Richard and I picked up my 2016 IS300 AWD F Sport in Nebula Gray Pearl with Rioja Red interior yesterday. So excited! Only 12k on the clock, looks like new and feels like it's just run in. Already ordered the RR-Racing tuner!
Looks good! The interior looks a little worn though (bottom of the steering wheel especially). It only has 12k??
Old 04-21-18, 11:06 AM
PghMatty
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's up from NOVA!!!

Brand new to me 15' 350 F Sport AWD
I am in love. I've owned more than a few japanese sport compacts over 17, or so, odd years and have sorely missed the quality Toyota brings to a dedicated sporting platform. Such an attractive vehicle and oooozzes build quality head/toe.

Have a nice and tasteful upgrade plan and look forward to making some connections on here.
Old 04-22-18, 04:43 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts
Default 2018 IS 300 F Sport

Hello everybody. Just picked up my brand new 2018 IS 300 F Sport in Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 (such a long paint color name). I own a 2000 Toyota Celica GT and a 2011 Infiniti G37S as well. I wanted something brand new and better gas mileage and Lexus had always appealed to me (I only ever buy Japanese). I’ve owned a 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata before as well and that car was pretty fun. I am looking forward to getting tips and tricks from everyone. As of right now, my immediate plans are to add the OEM rear deck spoiler (the Japanese one is so much better, but way too expensive) and change out the interior lights to white LEDs as well as the front and rear turn signals to LED. After that I’ll probably lower the car (seems like RSR is the popular choice) as well as adding the AEM “CAI”.

Old 04-23-18, 07:05 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,557 Likes on 1,826 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Flash5
Hello everybody. Just picked up my brand new 2018 IS 300 F Sport in Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 (such a long paint color name). I own a 2000 Toyota Celica GT and a 2011 Infiniti G37S as well. I wanted something brand new and better gas mileage and Lexus had always appealed to me (I only ever buy Japanese). I’ve owned a 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata before as well and that car was pretty fun. I am looking forward to getting tips and tricks from everyone. As of right now, my immediate plans are to add the OEM rear deck spoiler (the Japanese one is so much better, but way too expensive) and change out the interior lights to white LEDs as well as the front and rear turn signals to LED. After that I’ll probably lower the car (seems like RSR is the popular choice) as well as adding the AEM “CAI”.
Looks awesome, welcome!
Old 04-24-18, 12:01 AM
Robramos
Driver School Candidate

Just recently picked up a 2014 IS 250 Fsport. Silver lining with rioja red interior. I love it. Im in Phoenix, AZ about to be burning up in a couple months "but its a dry heat"
Old 04-24-18, 08:34 PM
r4ptor
Driver School Candidate

Talking My first luxury car!!!

Hi All,
I just bought my first Lexus 2015 IS 350 F Sport, Atomic Silver exterior, black interior, used with about 27,000 miles on it. It's my first luxury car, although my previous car was a luxurious speed demon/neck breaker known as a maroon 2005 Ford Taurus with about 150k miles on it . This forum has been incredible for me along the way and has helped guide a lot of decisions while I was in the process of buying, so thank you for existing! I decided to have some tinting done on it and viewing one of the threads on here to see different tint percentage pictures was huge in helping my decision to go with 35% tint and Air 90 on the windshield(unfortunately they wouldn't do Air 80 due to Texas law), got it all done with Llumar film for $350 and love it!

I'm still working my way through the various threads on here, but am excited to get everything else setup and configured on the car and get used to the concept of acceleration and comfort I didn't know existed!

Tint job

Tint job
Old 04-25-18, 06:31 PM
r4ptor
Driver School Candidate

Okay I suck at reply posting . I'm just going to post here, so to all the new/recent people who posted hello!
Old 04-25-18, 06:36 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by r4ptor
Okay I suck at reply posting . I'm just going to post here, so to all the new/recent people who posted hello!
Lol, HELLO!
Old 04-25-18, 06:37 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Hi All,
I just bought my first Lexus 2015 IS 350 F Sport, Atomic Silver exterior, black interior, used with about 27,000 miles on it. It's my first luxury car, although my previous car was a luxurious speed demon/neck breaker known as a maroon 2005 Ford Taurus with about 150k miles on it . This forum has been incredible for me along the way and has helped guide a lot of decisions while I was in the process of buying, so thank you for existing! I decided to have some tinting done on it and viewing one of the threads on here to see different tint percentage pictures was huge in helping my decision to go with 35% tint and Air 90 on the windshield(unfortunately they wouldn't do Air 80 due to Texas law), got it all done with Llumar film for $350 and love it!

I'm still working my way through the various threads on here, but am excited to get everything else setup and configured on the car and get used to the concept of acceleration and comfort I didn't know existed!

Tint job

Tint job
Ughhh I want to tint my IS because I’ve never not had tint on a car, but I’m going to live in germany soon and they are super strict about tint so looks like I won’t be able to.
Old 04-25-18, 08:48 PM
r4ptor
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Flash5

Ughhh I want to tint my IS because I’ve never not had tint on a car, but I’m going to live in germany soon and they are super strict about tint so looks like I won’t be able to.
Dang that sucks. I like it and think it definitely cut down on some heat coming through, finished out look of the car I think. I did find this about tint laws in Germany, sounds like you might be able to do the back windows, but not sure how it would look http://www.eur.army.mil/news/2009/20...ifications.pdf
Old 04-25-18, 08:53 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Dang that sucks. I like it and think it definitely cut down on some heat coming through, finished out look of the car I think. I did find this about tint laws in Germany, sounds like you might be able to do the back windows, but not sure how it would look http://www.eur.army.mil/news/2009/20...ifications.pdf
Yeah, I’m being stationed over there and from what I was told and read it’s possible they could make me take the tint off or else I can’t drive it. I don’t want to spend money on it then have to take it off I would be upset. I just hate how much heat gets in without tint though. From what I read some people said they just said screw it on cars that had tint since they were Americans and they know we are obnoxious over here lol.
Old 05-07-18, 01:14 AM
Wisco848
Driver School Candidate

Default New to Me IS250 F Sport

snatched up an 2015 IS250 F Sport, L Certified.

Platinum Silver Metallic w/ Rioja Red interior. Thus far quite enjoying it. Gas mileage is vastly better than my Jeep, lol. Luxury is much better too.

I’ll be lurking the forums and trying to meet up with people on the Chicagoland area. Here’s a photo.
Old 05-08-18, 10:44 AM
taktiks
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Just picked up my CPO 2015 IS350 F-Sport.
Obsidian Black/Roja Red

Anxious to get around to doing paint correction, clear bra front end, then GYEON coat the whole thing.

Later plans include 20mm spacers on the stock wheels with a 1-1.5" drop and ARK exhaust. Hoping that will hold me over for a while until I find some wheels I really like, possibly the NIA kit as well.

Due to my extensive use of the search function, I'm struggling to post enough to get off the "probationary period" to make sure I'm not a bot. lol.
Old 05-10-18, 11:01 AM
yohan81718
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

2018 IS350 RWD F-Sport, pretty much fully loaded here
White exterior and red interior

First time Lexus owner. I come from Acura (commuter) and Audi (family). Looking forward to lots of fun with the car also the forum!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!