IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-17, 11:32 AM
brmadrigal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!

Name's Brandon, from the SoCal area. I have 2017 IS200 that I got in March and is my daily driver/fun car. Got the car to replace my Mustang as a daily driver because it got to loud and uncomfortable.

So a little background, this is my second Japanese car. Decided to get this car over a Q50 and have no regrets. I love this car! And I do have two american cars that are project cars. I do autocross, and I am opening up a business in the next month.

I am a road racer and autocrosser, and like to build stuff for fun. Not sure what will be done to the Lexus, but i'd imagine it'll be some cosmetics. But, feel free to stalk me!

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xD.xP.xb
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MaddMotorsports/
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MaddRetrosAndLighting/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/br.madrigal/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/maddmotorsportsdesign/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/MaddRetros/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOR...Ms2g/playlists
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/xdxpx/albums/
Blog: https://maddmotorsportsdesign.blog/
Site: https://maddretros.com/

Old 01-02-18, 08:27 AM
Domdc1
Driver School Candidate

Default New Lexus Owner

Greetings and Happy New Year. Just picked up a 2016 IS350 F Sport - Arctic Silver, Red Leather

All the bells and whistles, drove off the lot straight to my tire guy & picked up Michelin X ICE 18" with black alloy rims for my winters.
Just ordered a few little trinkets (red lug nuts, red tire valve caps, 8M of red rim protector) Also have clear film around the bottom of the doors.

I will need to find a good place to add film protector on the hood and possibly bumpers.... besides that i'm happy with my purchase

thanks
Domdc1
Old 01-03-18, 11:43 AM
malc
Driver School Candidate

Default new memb

When you get your new 2014+ IS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:
is300h exec, 2015, black no extra options. lovely!
Old 01-03-18, 02:48 PM
1squirrel
Driver School Candidate

Just brought home our 2015 white with black interior IS350 awd fsport. Have had several lexus in the past, this one is up there with the GS430 I had in terms of me liking it. Still can't beat a smooth V8, but this 6 speed shifts like butter.
Old 01-09-18, 11:45 AM
JACKRBT
Driver School Candidate

I'm looking at replacing my 2012 WRX and an L-certified IS300 or 350 FSport AWD is currently at the top of my shopping list. I'll be lurking and doing my research/homework. Thanks!
Old 01-13-18, 05:19 AM
CNYguy
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello to all!

New on this site, but I figured I would share a quick blurb about what I got and how I got here.

I initially was going to purchase a 2017 BMW 340i with a manual transmission. Had only 7700 miles on it and looked pristine. On my way to the dealership to check it out and/or potentially buy it that night, I get a call from the sales guy saying that it got hit by a plow truck and got damaged rather badly. Seeing as it was a 1 hour drive for me and I was about 10 minutes I said what the heck, I'll poke around the place and test drive a few things. The place I was at is Drivers Village in Cicero, NY and they have thousands of cars and tons of different brands.... One of them being Lexus which also was right next to the BMW dealership.

I walked in, saw a 2017 ultra white IS 350 F Sport brand new with 41 miles discounted from $51,800 to $42,500. I checked it out and struck a deal the next day! The rest is history as they say. Drove it home last night!
Old 01-13-18, 06:20 AM
JACKRBT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CNYguy
New on this site, but I figured I would share a quick blurb about what I got and how I got here.

I initially was going to purchase a 2017 BMW 340i with a manual transmission. Had only 7700 miles on it and looked pristine. On my way to the dealership to check it out and/or potentially buy it that night, I get a call from the sales guy saying that it got hit by a plow truck and got damaged rather badly. Seeing as it was a 1 hour drive for me and I was about 10 minutes I said what the heck, I'll poke around the place and test drive a few things. The place I was at is Drivers Village in Cicero, NY and they have thousands of cars and tons of different brands.... One of them being Lexus which also was right next to the BMW dealership.

I walked in, saw a 2017 ultra white IS 350 F Sport brand new with 41 miles discounted from $51,800 to $42,500. I checked it out and struck a deal the next day! The rest is history as they say. Drove it home last night!
That seems like an awesome deal! My local dealer has a white/red 2017 300 Fsport used with 12k miles and they're asking $42,900!!! It's AWD but still.
Old 01-13-18, 06:25 AM
CNYguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JACKRBT
That seems like an awesome deal! My local dealer has a white/red 2017 300 Fsport used with 12k miles and they're asking $42,900!!! It's AWD but still.
It definitely was. I spent a while researching used ones (same model as the one I bought) and there were several more expensive used ones than the one I bought new! I couldn't walk away.
Old 01-14-18, 05:55 PM
Jada27
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone!

I'm from New York and just picked up my 2014 is 350 AWD F sport white with red interior.
Just joined the forum, thanks everyone for the great information.
The following users liked this post:
lexi90 (01-22-18)
Old 01-15-18, 06:21 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CNYguy

Welcome! Sweat deal 👌💯
Old 01-15-18, 06:23 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dannnnieee
Hi guys my name is Danni, I picked up my 2017 Lexus IS 300 f sport in October. Not sure what package I have. I absolutely love this car, I had a saab 9-3 and a Nissan Altima before getting this one. No mods yet except tints, I’m not waiting for warmer weather before getting the roof wrapped and adding cf mirror covers. Still debating if I want to do anything performance wise like upgrading the ecu to the 350...

​​​​​​​
Welcome 👍 Let the mods begin 🙌
Old 01-20-18, 09:15 AM
camperkev
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First time Lexus owner and loving it!! Bought my first new car ever, and went from a 1993 chevy cavalier Z24 to a 2017 Lexus IS350 awd in white with black interior, i think they are still talking about me at the dealership LOL. Only 2 things so far bother me, the small rattle in the drivers window switch with the stereo turned up, and the sad attempt at the window visors.. no slide out panel or sliding visor to cover the sun when turned to the side. It has like a 6" gap to the door edge, everyday driving south to work its giving me a sun tan!! Well, just wanted to say hello, and looking forward to reading more on the forums to add a subwoofer to my ML system as its not quite what i expected for bass.Thanks to all in advance with helping everyone here.

Last edited by camperkev; 04-09-18 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Photo add
Old 01-22-18, 12:05 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jada27
Hello everyone!

I'm from New York and just picked up my 2014 is 350 AWD F sport white with red interior.
Just joined the forum, thanks everyone for the great information.
Welcome! Make sure you share a picture of your ride under the following thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...t-now-337.html

Lots of great information on this forum! Take advantage of it!
Old 01-25-18, 02:25 PM
JJWade617
Driver School Candidate

Cool New Owner

What's up everyone, I recently purchased a 2015 IS 350 F-Sport, I have the Nebula exterior with the red interior, loving it so far so good. Just to share, the second day of driving it, yesterday, got rear ended in traffic while no traffic was moving, except the lady behind me, smh. My Car is still doing good, cracked bumper nothing major but getting repaired soon.
Old 01-26-18, 06:14 PM
drifterv20
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi everyone!

My name is LV and I'm from California. I purchased a 2014 IS250 F-sport in silver, nice to meet everyone.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!