IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Triple led upgrade issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-23, 06:02 PM
antis
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple led upgrade issue

Im trying to get my triple led to work properly on my 2014 IS250 with AFS, I’ve checked my wiring multiple times but I can’t figure out why I have delayed low beam on the passenger side and no high beam on passenger side.

On the passenger side I have low beam signal, ground, ignition from driver headlight, turn signal, LINL from driver headlight light and drl wire.

I also have hyper flash on the turn signals when the headlights are on, when headlight are off no hyper flash.

And of Ofcourse check headlight system. I been looking at the diagrams over and over.

I’ve looked at GSF upgraded led threads and it looks very similar however there are more wires going from the driver side module to the passenger side module.

I feel like the driver headlight is not communicating with the passenger side.

Old 09-02-23, 07:10 PM
antis
Pit Crew

After looking at full diagrams I noticed there was an issue with LINL not being connected to anything on the driver side and it getting a direct can signal from AFS control ECU instead.

After learning better how the headlights communicate I was able to figure most of it out.

This resolved, delayed start on the passenger side and high beam.

I also added a resistor on the turn signal positive and other side grounded to fix hyperflash.

Next step would be to get leveling working and get check headlight system to turn off.

I’ve seen when done on the GS you need the body ECU from a triple led equipped car in order to get rid of the codes or install an Arduino to send the correct signal to the ecu.

If I get everything to work as is I will make a guide. But I’m pretty happy highbeam, delayed start and hyper flash is resolved.

Last edited by antis; 09-03-23 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-03-23, 05:17 PM
antis
Pit Crew

I tried to initialize the height sensor and it won’t do anything. The only codes I get when lights are turned on is left and right Led. Going to try to look at more diagrams and see what’s the issue.

Old 09-05-23, 01:31 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 787 Likes on 402 Posts

Wow this is a super cool project. Could theoretically be done for the RC as well.
Old 09-13-23, 02:36 PM
antis
Pit Crew

I was reading up on GS triple led conversions, and it appears that the stock AFS module gets disconnected from the car as the driver headlight’s module is now the AFS module as well.

I was able to do ECU information Sync and the AFS on the headlight is now synced, however after unplugging the old AFS module I get these errors, when trying to do height sensor initialization it says I need to clear the DTC errors first.