No sound / Good AMP

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-22, 08:50 AM
Thomas171
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No sound / Good AMP

Hello everyone,

I own a 2012 Is250. It's just an amazing vehicle. I have read several threads about the issue that is in the subject line, however, couldn't find a proper solution for my sound system. The previous owner stated that the AMP is good and he doesn't know the exact problem. The radio works, the sound is adjustable, when USB is connected, the music starts, however, not a bit of a sound whatsoever. The fact that the sound is adjustable, makes me think that AMP is not broken indeed. There is no moisture in the back which tends to be the common threat for the AMPs. Please let me know what the issue might be according to you experience.

Thank you.

Old 02-14-22, 05:01 PM
edgar23cb
Driver School Candidate

Did you check the fuse for the amp or radio?
Originally Posted by Thomas171
Hello everyone,

I own a 2012 Is250. It's just an amazing vehicle. I have read several threads about the issue that is in the subject line, however, couldn't find a proper solution for my sound system. The previous owner stated that the AMP is good and he doesn't know the exact problem. The radio works, the sound is adjustable, when USB is connected, the music starts, however, not a bit of a sound whatsoever. The fact that the sound is adjustable, makes me think that AMP is not broken indeed. There is no moisture in the back which tends to be the common threat for the AMPs. Please let me know what the issue might be according to you experience.

Thank you.
Old 02-17-22, 05:03 AM
Thomas171
Driver School Candidate

Hello, thank you for your response. Yes, I have checked the fuses under the hood, they were all good. The ones on the passenger and driver side were burnt but not broken. Nevertheless, I replaced them, still the same, no sound.
Old 02-17-22, 09:42 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,242 Posts
Lightbulb

Hello, thank you for your response. Yes, I have checked the fuses under the hood, they were all good. The ones on the passenger and driver side were burnt but not broken. Nevertheless, I replaced them, still the same, no sound.
Define burned, and which ones if you recall? You can see them/their location in the owners manual.

Backing up, "the radio works", meaning songs are selected but like USB, no audio?

Try this:
Anyone wanting more info about their audio, Nav, Amp, or anything else in the center;

With engine on, vehicle stopped, turn the light switch to OFF. Press and hold the Info button and turn the light switch on then off 3 times. The touch screen will go into a new mode offering options for equipment versions, hardware versions and diagnostic features. You will also find settings for mic input and bluetooth volumes. Could be helpful if someone can't hear you.

Here are some crappy pictures. Units with Nav will have more options.
Turn the key off when done.
Old 02-19-22, 02:10 AM
Thomas171
Driver School Candidate

Hello again,

I am attaching the picture. My fuses were burnt kind of like this, but not broken. I have checked them according to the YouTube video and the proper thread (https://fuse-box.info/lexus/lexus-is...006-2013-fuses). The one on the driver's side is 7.5A (number 10) and 10A (number 6) is for the passenger's side. I have double checked the numeration so I am not mistaken. And I have replaced them, nevertheless, when the USB is plugged, I am able to choose songs, adjust sound level and all, but nothing is coming from the speakers.

Regarding the solution, unfortunately, my Is250 doesn't have the screen and Bluetooth. I will go ahead and show it to the master. Hope I don't have to dissemble the whole interior.

Thank you for your help.

Old 02-19-22, 11:37 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Hello again,

I am attaching the picture. My fuses were burnt kind of like this, but not broken. I have checked them according to the YouTube video and the proper thread (https://fuse-box.info/lexus/lexus-is...006-2013-fuses). The one on the driver's side is 7.5A (number 10) and 10A (number 6) is for the passenger's side. I have double checked the numeration so I am not mistaken. And I have replaced them, nevertheless, when the USB is plugged, I am able to choose songs, adjust sound level and all, but nothing is coming from the speakers.

Regarding the solution, unfortunately, my Is250 doesn't have the screen and Bluetooth. I will go ahead and show it to the master. Hope I don't have to dissemble the whole interior.

Thank you for your help.

Tin on fuses do tarnish and get rather dark, that does look like a bad connection though.
Backing up, just because someone said the amp was good, that's not much to go on.
Old 02-19-22, 11:41 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Two things: subscribe to www.alldatadiy.com and get the schematics for your car.
Buy a digital multimeter and and a 12v incandescent test lamp and we can help.
Old 02-21-22, 01:43 AM
Thomas171
Driver School Candidate

Thank you so much for your attention and help.

Firstly, I will check other AMP on my car to be completely sure that is not a problem.