Notices
IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My midpipe leaks

Old 01-31-19, 09:46 PM
vincerulz
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My midpipe leaks

Hi guys my 2009 is250 awd had leaks on the midpipe theres 3 holes on it. I did some research and I know that no aftermarket company that make midpipe for AWD model. Iím not sure which is best way to go with. Get OEM or get aftermarket and custom fit it. please help me !! thank you !!
Old 01-31-19, 10:05 PM
flowrider
Lexus Fanatic

Received 455 Likes on 368 Posts

Old 02-01-19, 05:05 AM
moses0324
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mid pipes were leaking on my car a couple years ago...went to local muffler shop they cut old section out, bent new tubes, welded...done.

$250 for both sides.
Old 02-01-19, 05:19 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I agree with moses0324; a competent exhaust shop should be able to cut the corroded section out, then fabricate and weld in a replacement. Some people on this board have even had success by just welding over the holes, although that strikes me as a band-aid fix that will just buy a bit of time.

Going the OEM replacement route at the dealer is super-expensive -- over $2k -- due to the fact that it includes the secondary cats.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My midpipe leaks

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: