IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Passengers side headlight issue with aftermarket conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-18, 02:24 PM
CTRAK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passengers side headlight issue with aftermarket conversion

I have a 2006 IS350 with a headlight conversion to the LED headlights.
A couple of months ago, my passengers side bulb kept flashing on and off when I would drive so I figured it was the ballast and I replaced it.
After replacing, the bulb didn't turn on after driving for about 10 minutes but then it stayed on for a couple of days.
After a couple of days, I noticed my bulb would go on and off when I ran over bumps (even smaller ones) while driving on the streets or freeway AND everytime the bulb went out, the right turn signal would turn on on my dashboard and stays on, so I thought it was now time to change the bulb.
I THEN noticed that every time I turned on the AC/Heater, the right turn signal would turn on, my bulb AND the LED strip would turn off. see below for each of the scenarios that happens.
1. Driving with headlights off + ac/heater off -> both LED day time running lights are on (right turn signal does not come on)
2. Driving with headlights on + ac/heater off -> both LED day time running lights are on + drivers headlight bulb turns on (passengers bulb doesnt turn on) (right turn signal does not stay on)
3. Driving with headlights off + ac/heater on -> passengers side daytime running lights + headlight does not turn on (right turn signal stays on)
4. Driving with headlights on + ac/heater on -> same as #3
Also.... to make things even more weird, when my turn signal on my dash is ON (so scenario 3 and 4), (meaning my passengers headlight is out) and when I am drive faster than 30mph, the turn signal on my dash turns off and I am not sure if the headlight or daytime running lights is on or off.. (haven't been able to see if its on going that speed)

I can't figure out what the problem is because I replaced the bulb and the ballast and somehow its connected to my AC/heater... and how fast im going??
I've been trying to get this fixed for months now so any insight would help me out.

Thanks