IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New recall alert [fuel delivery pipe] from my insurance company for my IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-18, 04:34 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

I have to take mine in. I usually ask for a loaner, does not matter how long the work takes. They just bill it to the Lexus Corporate. It is not automatic though, you have to request it. If you are working, are you expected to lose time and not get paid just because you have to spend half a day at the dealership due to a recall. JM2C.
Old 08-31-18, 09:22 AM
ponteley
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by seng278
I got the notice in the mail earlier this week. I dread taking the car to the dealership for service even if it's free.
Same here...
Old 08-31-18, 09:22 AM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
I have to take mine in. I usually ask for a loaner, does not matter how long the work takes. They just bill it to the Lexus Corporate. It is not automatic though, you have to request it. If you are working, are you expected to lose time and not get paid just because you have to spend half a day at the dealership due to a recall. JM2C.
I know mine usually offers loaners if the work exceeds 30 minutes. I already told them I needed one and they were fine with it.
Old 08-31-18, 10:48 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im going to wait to see how this goes before i do anything. last time we had a recall, some dealership broke some of the parts that were not covered under the recall and then claimed the broken parts were not covered because of their condition. imagine that nonsense. so with this new recall, i have one other recall still outstanding. probably not going to bother since the word is if these were serious issues, they would have been "resolved" by now and taking your vehicle in is risky until everything is "understood." ymmv

i will give lexus this, their facilities are still nice and quiet, you should be able to work at the dealership all day long if you have to without getting a loaner. it is 2018 but i guess this is ymmv as well.
Old 09-01-18, 07:22 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
im going to wait to see how this goes before i do anything. last time we had a recall, some dealership broke some of the parts that were not covered under the recall and then claimed the broken parts were not covered because of their condition. imagine that nonsense. so with this new recall, i have one other recall still outstanding. probably not going to bother since the word is if these were serious issues, they would have been "resolved" by now and taking your vehicle in is risky until everything is "understood." ymmv

i will give lexus this, their facilities are still nice and quiet, you should be able to work at the dealership all day long if you have to without getting a loaner. it is 2018 but i guess this is ymmv as well.
Bummer, do you have another L dealer in your area that you can go to? I got all of the recalls and extended warranty services done (door panels replacement included) at the same dealer and never had a problem and always got a loaner if needed, I didn't even have to ask for one.
Old 09-01-18, 09:44 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by my07is350
Bummer, do you have another L dealer in your area that you can go to? I got all of the recalls and extended warranty services done (door panels replacement included) at the same dealer and never had a problem and always got a loaner if needed, I didn't even have to ask for one.
it wasnt my dealership but some of the other dealerships mentioned throughout this forum. i think for a recall or warranty service, loaner is always included in the repair job.
Old 09-01-18, 09:57 AM
Zmon
Racer

it wasnt my dealership but some of the other dealerships mentioned throughout this forum. i think for a recall or warranty service, loaner is always included in the repair job.
The only time they told me no to a loaner was when they replaced my rear door panels since they had already completed the front door panels and dash. It only took 30 minutes, so I didn't mind that much.
Old 09-01-18, 10:31 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Zmon
The only time they told me no to a loaner was when they replaced my rear door panels since they had already completed the front door panels and dash. It only took 30 minutes, so I didn't mind that much.
cool. so it's been awhile since i've been to the lexus dealership so answer me this. do they no longer have wifi, nice seating, private rooms, computers, television, all kinds of food and drink for free, maybe even bar seating....for waiting customers? nobody trying to sell you a new car, no sad face from mechanic calling you to tell you they found something big, etc. why is everyone so anxious to get away from the dealership. i understand you can't spend the night there with your car but if you are prepared and bring your computer, ipad, movies, work stuff, mobile, etc. what's wrong with hanging around the dealership for several hours watching people and their cars? you can get all your work done, answer emails, watch the news, i have several hours of motogp to watch still.... there's nothing in the lexus parking lot i want to drive, i used to like getting loaners so i could drive es and gs cars but who wants to get into someone else's car and get back out into traffic and go where? those cars are a decade newer than my car and they still don't have as much as my car has. if you leave in a loaner for an all-day job on your car, they'll probably call you try to get you to come back tomorrow since they probably didn't bother with your car since you were gone. i hate my car being in the shop, not that i miss it, but it's not "safe" there if you know what i mean. plus when they finally call you and say ready, sometimes i feel like i gotta come in instead of hey you guys are closing in 2 hours and it's rush hour.....there is no joy in driving a lexus loaner unless it's an insurance loaner because your car is destroyed. last time when i get a loaner, i park it in the driveway and i ride my motorcycle all day. i thought it was lame with they changed their loaner policy but now i don't care.
Old 09-04-18, 02:20 PM
Zmon
Racer

cool. so it's been awhile since i've been to the lexus dealership so answer me this. do they no longer have wifi, nice seating, private rooms, computers, television, all kinds of food and drink for free, maybe even bar seating....for waiting customers? nobody trying to sell you a new car, no sad face from mechanic calling you to tell you they found something big, etc. why is everyone so anxious to get away from the dealership. i understand you can't spend the night there with your car but if you are prepared and bring your computer, ipad, movies, work stuff, mobile, etc. what's wrong with hanging around the dealership for several hours watching people and their cars? you can get all your work done, answer emails, watch the news, i have several hours of motogp to watch still.... there's nothing in the lexus parking lot i want to drive, i used to like getting loaners so i could drive es and gs cars but who wants to get into someone else's car and get back out into traffic and go where? those cars are a decade newer than my car and they still don't have as much as my car has. if you leave in a loaner for an all-day job on your car, they'll probably call you try to get you to come back tomorrow since they probably didn't bother with your car since you were gone. i hate my car being in the shop, not that i miss it, but it's not "safe" there if you know what i mean. plus when they finally call you and say ready, sometimes i feel like i gotta come in instead of hey you guys are closing in 2 hours and it's rush hour.....there is no joy in driving a lexus loaner unless it's an insurance loaner because your car is destroyed. last time when i get a loaner, i park it in the driveway and i ride my motorcycle all day. i thought it was lame with they changed their loaner policy but now i don't care.
Simply put, not everyone wants to wait around at the dealer for hours. Would I rather lounge around in my house for 3-4 hours? Of course. An hour at the dealer? I don't mind. I dropped mine off this morning at 7:30 and didn't hear back until 1:30 to pick it up. If I'm offered a loaner, I'll take it.

No issues as far as I can tell yet. Free tank of gas as usual from a recall.
Old 09-05-18, 04:17 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

And a car wash?
Old 09-05-18, 09:04 AM
Zmon
Racer

Originally Posted by mandyfig
And a car wash?
They offered, I usually decline it anyways as I prefer no swirls in my paint. It was pointless anyways since we had a few storms from Gordon.
Old 09-05-18, 03:48 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 328 Likes on 143 Posts

got mine recall done today, and was told i have the timing cover leak which is common, and radiator is starting to leak, which says a lot about my car running little bit hot i guess...
The following users liked this post:
ncatona (09-11-18)
Old 09-05-18, 03:54 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 768 Likes on 671 Posts

It looks like the IS250/350 only have one damper? It's next to the trottle body under the intake pipe. It should be a quick fix. I wonder why the 250's aren't on the recall.
The following users liked this post:
ncatona (09-11-18)
Old 09-05-18, 04:00 PM
Mike_1GO
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmon
Simply put, not everyone wants to wait around at the dealer for hours. Would I rather lounge around in my house for 3-4 hours? Of course. An hour at the dealer? I don't mind. I dropped mine off this morning at 7:30 and didn't hear back until 1:30 to pick it up. If I'm offered a loaner, I'll take it.

No issues as far as I can tell yet. Free tank of gas as usual from a recall.
Im taking mine in this friday. are you sure this recall qualifies for a free tank of gas?
Old 09-05-18, 04:07 PM
Zmon
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike_1GO
Im taking mine in this friday. are you sure this recall qualifies for a free tank of gas?
Yes. Usually they toss in a tank of gas for recalls. They gave me a tank during the valve spring recall (the last one I remember for sure. I don't remember what happened with the airbag recall I did in May), and a tank now from the fuel damper recall. I went in with under a quarter of a tank and came out with a full one.

Quick Reply: New recall alert [fuel delivery pipe] from my insurance company for my IS350?