Ebay Bumper 2IS to 3IS Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-17, 03:08 AM
diggdyone
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Question bumper foam

Originally Posted by sinister2c
@diggdyone...I wonder if 3IS aluminum and foam would work. Coworker clipped my bumper and ripped it, broke the foam and fog while parked. This is why I got this bumper. I was considering getting 3IS one since it appears slimmer than the 2IS foam. I've been studying the 3IS reinforcement and foam, and it appears slimming (aluminum) than 2IS.

I see there is some clearance behind bumper for foam, if the aluminum was slimmer.

Also...looks like you have MotoVIPz headlights?
Yes, the headlights are MotoVIPZ. I wanted to do all the work at the same time.
Now about the 2IS bumper foam. I didn't cut the foam to match after cutting the aluminum bumper. Therefore it may work.?
Old 11-16-17, 03:42 AM
diggdyone
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Default 3IS lip spoiler

Originally Posted by sinister2c
So after going back and forth with Ikon Motorsports...they test fitted all the 3IS F-sport lips they sell and none of them fit this bumper. They claimed the curves and bends don't match and that the 3IS lips are too wide for this bumper. So I ended up asking for $100 partial refund in lieu of the lip. Since I brought this issue up, they have updated all their photos to reflect the no lip.

Lesson learned, none of the 2014+ F-sport lips will fit, better they figured it out than us buying the lip and trying to get it on. I still think that a 3IS F-sport lip can fit if you tried hard enough and did some modding.
I found a 3IS lip that may fit the bolt locations on the 2is. About $80 bucks from adv. running. Take a look.
Attached Thumbnails Ebay Bumper 2IS to 3IS Conversion-img_0062.png   Ebay Bumper 2IS to 3IS Conversion-img_0063.png  
Old 11-16-17, 06:58 AM
Eldr1dgE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all the owners providing feedback for the bumper..I did notice that all the sellers have photo-shopped the lip out of the picture..lol

Judging by diggdyone's pics, it looks like a lip is needed to cover up the under panels..I'm sure we can make some 3is lips fit on there with some customization..
Old 11-19-17, 08:04 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by diggdyone
I found a 3IS lip that may fit the bolt locations on the 2is. About $80 bucks from adv. running. Take a look.
that's one of the lips I asked for that they said won't fit. Advance Tuning and Ikon are the same company.

I just picked up the VIPMotoZ headlights too. But planning on doing an LED projector retrofit using the i.lens LED projectors. Thinking of painting the black housings in a lighter color too. Too much black.
Old 11-21-17, 03:14 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

This guy posted this one in ISFreaks. He also said the front lip is included. Not sure of the material.
Attached Thumbnails Ebay Bumper 2IS to 3IS Conversion-6c83da3f-68d0-44ce-a602-c57617860884.png  
Old 11-22-17, 08:33 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
This guy posted this one in ISFreaks. He also said the front lip is included. Not sure of the material.
apparently doesn’t come with it anymore. SMK Tuning is the MFG of the bumper and grills too. Their stamp is all over the grills.
Old 11-22-17, 08:41 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by diggdyone
so I ordered the 2014 F-sport TRD style canards for $60 just to play with. The curves aren’t the same as Ikon said. I plan to do some cutting and heating to see if they can fit.

Needs some dremel Work.
I think shortening or heat forming the end may get the rest to line up.
Close in the center
Old 11-23-17, 04:55 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

That’s good to know about it being the same. Kind of thought it was too. Lol. Glad you’re trying to add the lip:
Old 11-29-17, 12:05 AM
Rickii
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write up ✌
Old 12-06-17, 12:47 PM
Izzmeister
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So I had a little bit of fitment issues on the tabs that clip into the body. Ended up cutting the bumper and plastic welding some from another spare bumper. Other than that, it worked. I did have to cut the metal bar though.
Old 12-06-17, 12:55 PM
Izzmeister
Driver School Candidate

Original fitment issue I had before I cut it.

Before modding and paint.
Old 12-12-17, 09:14 AM
sinister2c
Racer

So was the fitment more clipping in or the curves and lines?

Originally Posted by Izzmeister
Original fitment issue I had before I cut it.

Before modding and paint.
Old 12-12-17, 09:51 AM
Izzmeister
Driver School Candidate

The lines and curves were pretty good actually. The first 2 clips closer to the headlights would fit/pop in, but the last clip and the tab where the screw goes in would not stay in and would just bulge out. I tried shaving it down and thinning it. It just wouldn't stay in place. I could look at the 2 corners side by side and they look pretty identical.
Old 12-12-17, 10:22 AM
sinister2c
Racer

I see... I will keep an eye on that when I get around to fitting and prepping mine for paint. Got so much going on with my car right now that stuff is dragging. Got wheels to refinish and headlights to retrofit.

Also I found that the OEM bumper tab at the fender corner is pretty weak. One of mine got ripped in the parking lot fender bender that put me down this project road. And the other side ripped on me when I took bumper off to temporarily remount bumper. Most of my friends ripped their years ago from rim rubbing. They never really had issue since that bolt was just extra security. The clip in tabs kept bumper on.

Originally Posted by Izzmeister
The lines and curves were pretty good actually. The first 2 clips closer to the headlights would fit/pop in, but the last clip and the tab where the screw goes in would not stay in and would just bulge out. I tried shaving it down and thinning it. It just wouldn't stay in place. I could look at the 2 corners side by side and they look pretty identical.
Old 12-12-17, 10:59 AM
Izzmeister
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I don't even use the tabs with the screw. I had to shave them completely down and use bumper fasteners because I had some Varrstoen's with a very low offset and they rubbed quite a bit. I had to roll my fenders and shave all the tabs. My good friend runs a collision center. He's still filling it in and getting it ready for paint.

Quick Reply: Ebay Bumper 2IS to 3IS Conversion