IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scosche LS4121B

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-17, 08:39 PM
Biohazard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scosche LS4121B

I recently purchased the scosche dash kit for the 2007 Lexus is250. Unfortunately, the aftermarket double din I got from Amazon did not fit (too wide)

What are some units that fit ?
Old 06-17-17, 08:44 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any of the pioneer dd will fit.
Old 06-17-17, 11:08 PM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

Did you purchase the dash kit new? You should have extra brackets that would enable you to install both a single din and double. I just don't see why the one you have wouldn't be compatible. I installed a 7inch double din unit in mine pretty easily and that's the largest around. It was an after market android unit.
Old 06-18-17, 01:00 AM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

There are some units produced mainly for vehicle oem that are wider than the standard double din. One unit that comes to mind was the Eclipse AVN6000. It was an excellent unit that was produced by Fujitsu 10 for fitment into Toyota vehicles. I had one and I had to make a bespoke dash kit as it was wider than the standard double din size and I could not find a dash kit to fit it. By far the most common size is double din. You were just unlucky you bought one of the few units that are available in the odd size.

Darren
Old 06-18-17, 09:40 PM
Biohazard
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Minormagic
There are some units produced mainly for vehicle oem that are wider than the standard double din. One unit that comes to mind was the Eclipse AVN6000. It was an excellent unit that was produced by Fujitsu 10 for fitment into Toyota vehicles. I had one and I had to make a bespoke dash kit as it was wider than the standard double din size and I could not find a dash kit to fit it. By far the most common size is double din. You were just unlucky you bought one of the few units that are available in the odd size.

Darren
The dimensions of the opening below the climate control is 6.25 inches along the x axis and almost 4 inches along the y axis.

The stereo I got from Amazon (Hizpo, some unknown brand) was just a few mm too wide to fit through the opening below the climate controls.
Old 06-18-17, 10:02 PM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like it might be yum cha branded
Old 06-19-17, 04:00 PM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if the factory unit and it's clunky interface looks any more modern. So what's your idea of a modern looking unit in a car that is basically 12 years old? I'm interested to know.
Old 06-19-17, 06:21 PM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

I just replied to your PM Bio. I got a cheap DVD/navi double din unit that I ordered from Amazon for $230 CDN. Works flawlessly with Bluetooth and all. The brand is called Enicar. The screen alone is 7 inches so I'm surprised yours didn't fit. I believe I have the biggest double din unit. Well until now.
Old 06-19-17, 06:50 PM
Biohazard
Driver School Candidate

I got exact measurements. The opening is 6 13/16 inches long and 3 14/16 inches high or approximately 173 mm x 98 mm.

The Hizpo unit was slightly larger than those dimensions and the face just wouldnt go through the front of the Scosche unit. I don't want to dremel the scosche opening and ruin the integrity so it's a little aggravating when the manufacturers don't include the dimensions on the product description. Fortunately, Amazon has a very generous return policy.
Old 06-19-17, 06:53 PM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

Think I see where u went wrong. Did you try mounting in the unit in the back with the dash kit first? Even the unit I used won't go thru directly from the front. I screwed it in from the back then installed the kit afterwards.
Old 06-20-17, 08:18 AM
Biohazard
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Macklock
Think I see where u went wrong. Did you try mounting in the unit in the back with the dash kit first? Even the unit I used won't go thru directly from the front. I screwed it in from the back then installed the kit afterwards.
I did. I just needed to use my car so I just put the entire unit back as I wait to pick an aftermarket double din.

I tried to make the unit fit all sorts of ways. I tried putting the face of the unit from the back. I tried to back end it from the front. It just wouldnt fit through the aperture of the scosche dash kit. That's why i measured the dimensions and was surprised to see its less than the usual 7 inch by 4 inch.
Old 06-20-17, 09:01 PM
Macklock
Driver School Candidate

Think I responded to you in the wrong thread Bio. Please keep us updated
Old 06-28-17, 06:51 AM
Biohazard
Driver School Candidate

So I fixed the issues.

First of all, I have to thank all of you for your guidance and support.

Second of all, let's here it for Amazon. Their return policy is the only reason I attempted this repair.

I purchased an off-brand Chinese unit from Amazon (ATOTO), and the unit fit perfectly in the 173 mm x 98 mm opening in the Scosche unit.

The dealership quoted me $3500 to replace the center console, now I have a bluetooth capable headunit with GPS for less than $450.
Old 07-01-17, 06:44 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like Scosche unit. I'm getting ready to sell/trade in my 2007 is250 and pulled the beat sonic wire harness. No wires are cut, looks BNIB. I'll be putting this up for sale soon, real cheap $150.
Biohazard, if you want to try the beat sonic unit, let me know. I think I paid around $375 about a year ago.
Old 07-01-17, 08:16 PM
Minormagic
Driver School Candidate

Why are you selling the harness? Didn't it work or have you changed your mind

Quick Reply: Scosche LS4121B